BMW i4 Forum banner

What is the status of your car? (Please update your vote when the status changes)

641 - 660 of 689 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,084 Posts
Same place it's been since August 3rd: Oxnard VDC,

Jeez. 12 days now?

·
Registered
268 Posts
@se40: What does the BMW Recall Tool tell you for your VIN? The BDC issue (which is a hardware issue!) has been assigned the Defect Code 0061030700 (as far as we can tell).

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was scheduled into production for last week. For the seventh (I've lost count) time I was kicked down the road to no allocations available. Apparently Finland got 0 (ZERO!?) confirmed build slots for optioned out M50's in August. I've been waiting on my car for a year now. My dealer told me that he's got two M50's with just the base options already being built despite them being ordered just a few months back. Nothing makes sense anymore.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is congruent with my car and several others here on the forum or on the German forum whose cars were built in early July. I suspect they had a shortage of Body Domain Controllers and built the cars anyway. Now they have to retrofit the missing parts into the cars. According to my dealer, my car is supposed to be fixed this week. (With regard to my dealer, I behave like an abused lover who wants to believe every renewed affirmation, only to be disappointed over and over.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hahaha yes, I can relate. My dealer has been fair enough throughout the long process but I hope to jump this last hurdle soon. Some fellow Swedish disaffected customers have the same recall codes.

Do we know which code relates to what problem exactly? Is one a software update and one the BDC hardware fix?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I am stuck in Limbo. Car is physically delivered to the dealer here in Sweden but is held on delivery stop due to a software update that doesn't have a predicted date yet. At least I know the car exists and is local! I suspect it is the Body Domain Controller update rather than the Valet since the date of readiness isn't known.

• Ordering date: 05 Dec 2022
  • Production Date: 16 July 2022
  • Delivery date: 12 Aug 2022 at dealer, waiting for software update at dealer
  • Type of car: e40 M-Sport
  • Color: San Remo Green
  • Wheels: 18" 858M
  • Upholstery: Sensatec black perforated
  • Extra: M adaptive suspension, sunroof, shadow line extended, hifi
Congrats on getting your car. At least it's at the dealer!

·
Registered
240 Posts
My car has been at the port for 10 days, which is not unusual, but there’s been 2 ships heading to Galveston in the last week and they have come and gone.

I checked the recall tool and it’s also showing an open defect for my week 31 eDrive40.

No Recall | 0032350300 | Open

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Released to Carrier today.

Now, I just need a truckload of other cars to travel to WA with.

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on getting your car. At least it's at the dealer!
Agreed! It is calming knowing the thing exists and being in the queue or not at the factory isn't a concern anymore. A bit bittersweet that it is so near but I don't mind as long as it doesn't take too long to install what is needed.

If it does drag out, being so close but still so far from actual delivery will get exponentially more frustrating with time. I'm hoping not to stalk the car at the dealer but I may have to get weird to scratch that itch if it comes to it :LOL:

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Why did they put my car back on a ship?

Oh, wait. This is the truck from the VDC to the Dealership. o_O

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Current status is 198 - At the Dealership.

They asked me to come in at 4pm today instead of 2pm.
Glad I hadn't started driving down yet.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Current status is now 198, but I am ALSO at the dealership, so I guess that I am also 198?

• Haha
Reactions: Ecast and ssh
641 - 660 of 689 Posts