BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to switch reservation types.

I pre-ordered an eDrive40 model in the US mostly for the range. However, the more I wait, the more I am thinking I should have gone with the M50. I should have just placed 2 reservations back in June. One for each.馃槄 $3,000 seemed like a lot of money to "loan" BMW interest free for 6+ months. Haha

I visited my local BMW center but I got "Not sure, but I don't think so" answer.

So has anyone else gotten a more concrete answer? Hopefully there's a chance to do change reservations.

Thanks!

Registered
It was no problem here in the Netherlands. You should be ok!

Reactions: homerfan

Registered
As far as i know the order can be changed until 40 days before production of your car begins.
Thats what I was told.
Kristian
Denmark

Registered
Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to switch reservation types.

I pre-ordered an eDrive40 model in the US mostly for the range. However, the more I wait, the more I am thinking I should have gone with the M50. I should have just placed 2 reservations back in June. One for each.馃槄 $3,000 seemed like a lot of money to "loan" BMW interest free for 6+ months. Haha

I visited my local BMW center but I got "Not sure, but I don't think so" answer.

So has anyone else gotten a more concrete answer? Hopefully there's a chance to do change reservations.

Thanks!
I have changed my configuration 2 times already and I have another change I want to do coming up, so 3 times for me. I have also gone for the 40 (long range) but upgraded it to Msport and adaptive M-suspension etc. So its looks identical inside/outside to a M50 and the only difference really is rearwheel drive vs 4x4. So I am getting a M40? with the same handling as M50 but 560 km range vs 500 km in the M50 with the same setup. Acceleration is 1.5 sec slower....but honestly 99,9% of the time I will enjoy the extra range and 5.7 is still bloody fast.

Registered
I tried to change my reservation in Canada from the 40 to the E50 and was told I would probably lose my place in line. Essentially I would be cancelling my 40 reservation and making a new M50 reservation, and delivery would go from early 2nd quarter on 2022 to the 3rd quarter of 2022. They also thought that manufacturing of the RWD 40 would start sooner than the M50, also impacting a longer delivery for the M50. I decided for now to stay with my 40 reservation, because I don't want to wait until next summer! I'm curious about the exact timing of manufacturing start-up, and where the M50 fits in. Anyone have any reliable information?

Registered
I have changed my configuration 2 times already and I have another change I want to do coming up, so 3 times for me. I have also gone for the 40 (long range) but upgraded it to Msport and adaptive M-suspension etc. So its looks identical inside/outside to a M50 and the only difference really is rearwheel drive vs 4x4. So I am getting a M40? with the same handling as M50 but 560 km range vs 500 km in the M50 with the same setup. Acceleration is 1.5 sec slower....but honestly 99,9% of the time I will enjoy the extra range and 5.7 is still bloody fast.
interesting choice. I鈥檝e considered the same, but here in NL to get all the options of M50 on i4 40 M sport alreadyis more expensive than the M50 to start with. Like M adaptive suspension, ambient lights, free upgrade to HiFi audio, M iconic sounds, shadow line high gloss frames, custom color mirrors, etc
And you still miss out on some things (dual motor, M mirror shape, M sport steering wheel (true m sport one not the same! - has a metal cut out, m stitching, thicker).

Registered
Sadly for me I was too late to change my reservation. I wanted to add laser lights/visibility pack in the uk but my dealer has said my car has gone into build now and was too late. It鈥檚 a positive that it has gone to build though.

Registered
Sadly for me I was too late to change my reservation. I wanted to add laser lights/visibility pack in the uk but my dealer has said my car has gone into build now and was too late. It鈥檚 a positive that it has gone to build though.
already into build? In September? I was told (many times) build won鈥檛 start until November! If they really start in September maybe there is hope for delivery in 2021 still

Registered
I think that changes are possible until 8 weeks before planned production date. This would be in line with the very first deliveries that are expected around Nov/Dec in the UK.

I myself have requested changes 3 times now and will be bothering them again (hopefully for the last time) this week. The advantage of waiting a bit longer :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts