BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hoping that people will be able to clear something up for me.
I put my $1,500 deposit down last week for the i4 M50. The dealer simply went to the website while I was in the dealership and had me enter my details. The site said Summer 2022 delivery time.

My question is around what additional funds are required between now and delivery. I have only ever leased BMWs from the lot and so the whole process is somewhat confusing to me.

Any advice or guidance is much appreciated.
Michael

·
Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
497 Posts
Welcome on the forum stanio. The deposit is to reserve your place in the queue, you have probably get a mail confirming your registration number. When the order will be open in USA the dealer will contact you to place the order with all your specs on (color outside and interior, wheels, package, etc..) then you will get a better estimate delivery. It's time, if not done, to do your choice of specs, must of us has changed it many times. Good luck!

·
Registered
Dravit Grey i4 M50
60 Posts
Hey Stanio, for some color I made a USA pre-order Aug 28th with that same Summer 2022 estimate on the website. I've heard absolutely nothing since then from a dealer or otherwise, it's been radio silence. I've heard that same mid-Nov time frame for picking the config, 🤞crossing my fingers it's soon.

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
So when I paid my deposit, I got an email with a confirmation number and a mention my local dealer would contact me when the order book opens to firm up the options and order; about 30 minutes later I received a phone call from a Salesperson from said dealer to let me know they received the deposit, and they would contact me in November to come into the dealership to pick mu options and firm up the order.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I placed my preorder on June 26th and have the summer 2022 estimate. I still remember that the day before it said by June. I received a call from my dealer a couple weeks ago informing me that the configurator will go live November 1st and that he would call a couple days later to see if I have any questions. No official date on when actual orders will open but he expects it won't be long after the configurator is up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
about 30 minutes later I received a phone call from a Salesperson from said dealer to let me know they received the deposit, and they would contact me in November to come into the dealership to pick mu options and firm up the order.

Ok, so looks like it is standard across the US. I actually went into the dealership to place my pre-order. Apparently they are being told to call up previous customers of theirs.

I am such a child when it comes to waiting! Already lined up an electrician to install an 11.5kW charger this weekend.

·
Registered
Audi A5 2011
31 Posts
Configurations still not up. Someone please post when they are. Lets discuss options at that time. I'm hoping they allow a downsize to 18" wheels and NON - run flat tires on the M50. My priority is wet & snow traction on all-season tires.

·
Registered
Dravit Grey i4 M50
60 Posts
Configurations still not up. Someone please post when they are. Lets discuss options at that time. I'm hoping they allow a downsize to 18" wheels and NON - run flat tires on the M50. My priority is wet & snow traction on all-season tires.
Yeah, I've been checking and waiting all week, no config I can find. I'm getting impatient as I've heard nothing since I put in my pre-order in Aug, not even a courtesy call from the dealer.

·
Registered
Audi A5 2011
31 Posts
This is poor policy on the part of BMW. Dealers are clearly also out of the loop. No excuse for either. They should be sending updates out to dealers and pre-order customers. Too bad the Kia EV6 is a CUV rather than a hatchback. A little attention to steering & suspension would make it a "player."

·
Registered
1 Posts
We received an email from our local BMW dealer saying that build slots are getting allocated on a first come first serve basis, and that the configurator will go live on November 18th for the US.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why non run-flat if you dont mind me asking? I too need to cater for the snow although if it is bad out, I have a winter beater.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is poor policy on the part of BMW. Dealers are clearly also out of the loop. No excuse for either. They should be sending updates out to dealers and pre-order customers. Too bad the Kia EV6 is a CUV rather than a hatchback. A little attention to steering & suspension would make it a "player."
I spoke to my dealer and they havent been given any information whatsoever. I asked how the ordering process will work - first in line vs come in an order when you can - the lady said she is waiting to find out. It must be frustrating on their part.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I spoke to my dealer and they havent been given any information whatsoever. I asked how the ordering process will work - first in line vs come in an order when you can - the lady said she is waiting to find out. It must be frustrating on their part.
November 11. The configurator in the US is supposed to be released then per my sales rep. Sounds like there’s a sales rep training workshop November 9-10 with configurator going live the 11th. They are planning to call customers in order of the pre-orders.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
November 11. The configurator in the US is supposed to be released then per my sales rep. Sounds like there’s a sales rep training workshop November 9-10 with configurator going live the 11th. They are planning to call customers in order of the pre-orders.
Good to know. Thank you. I suspect they are as anxious to get the orders in as we are :)

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
1,312 Posts
Pre-order deposit is given priority over someone walking in and wanting to order. My understanding is someone who pre-ordered awhile back is sitting in a good position for delivery. My sales guy told me , don't panic as I'm 3rd on his dealer list.

·
Registered
Audi A5 2011
31 Posts
I found this on wheel-size.com
Surprised they offer a 17" wheel. Wonder how that would look....
BMW i4 2021 M50
– Generation: G26 [2021 .. 2022]
– Power: 536 hp | 400 kW | 544 PS
– Engine: Electric
– Center Bore: 66.6 mm
– PCD: 5x112
– Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts
– Wheel Tightening Torque: 140 Nm
– Thread Size: M14 x 1.25
– Trim Production: [2021 .. 2022]
" title="" style="cursor: pointer;">TireRim" data-original-title="" data-placement="bottom" title="Wheel Calculator" class="_popover" style="cursor: pointer;">
225/55ZR17 101Y7.5Jx17
225/55R17 101H7.5Jx17Recco for winter
245/45ZR18 100Y
245/45R18 100H8.5Jx18Recco for winter
245/45ZR18 100Y8.5Jx18
245/45ZR18 100Y8.5Jx18 run flat
245/40ZR19 98Y8.5Jx19
245/40ZR19 98Y8.5Jx19run flat
255/35ZR20 97Y
245/35ZR20 95Y8.5Jx20

1 - 20 of 35 Posts