BMW i4 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive 40 - Skyscraper Gray Metallic - Cognac Vernasca Leather with contrast stitching -
47 Posts
Somewhere amongst all the cars in the pic is my I4 and probably many others at the port.
Perhaps with a stroke of luck, me and others just might get on the Carmen which is in port at Bremerhaven departing the 13th and eventually reaching the west coast of California. Of course it could still be weeks before getting assigned to a ship. I was surprised to see how many vehicles are at the port area!
The Carmen is the ship at the bottom left. (MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic)
Building Map Land lot Urban design Residential area

·
Registered
312 Posts
  • Sad
Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
335i convertible, BMW K1600b mc
1,561 Posts
Somewhere amongst all the cars in the pic is my I4 and probably many others at the port.
Perhaps with a stroke of luck, me and others just might get on the Carmen which is in port at Bremerhaven departing the 13th and eventually reaching the west coast of California. Of course it could still be weeks before getting assigned to a ship. I was surprised to see how many vehicles are at the port area!
The Carmen is the ship at the bottom left. (MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic)
View attachment 10705
-----------...don't see many Sunset Oranges, soon the Ultimate Driving Machine will be a nightmare for me as I'll be out.

Edit mod: Bad language

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They haven't even gotten weeks allocated for all the cars being migrated to MY2023.

I'm now a week 30 build. My pre-order was June 1. So I'm looking at 13 months from pre-order to build. Maybe another 2-3 months to get the car.
So figure 16 months for delivery.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well I know it doesn't mean anything officially, but my SA called me today and said I have a production number for my i4 m50. I know there are many who pre-ordered way earlier that me so I'm probably not gonna have it in my garage for some time. For me it's a baby step.

·
Registered
335i convertible, BMW K1600b mc
1,561 Posts
Well I know it doesn't mean anything officially, but my SA called me today and said I have a production number for my i4 m50. I know there are many who pre-ordered way earlier that me so I'm probably not gonna have it in my garage for some time. For me it's a baby step.
Definitely baby step
Got my production number over 6 months ago and still BMW crickets, cuz in Canada, we get next to zero info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They haven't even gotten weeks allocated for all the cars being migrated to MY2023.

I'm now a week 30 build. My pre-order was June 1. So I'm looking at 13 months from pre-order to build. Maybe another 2-3 months to get the car.
So figure 16 months for delivery.

Waiting for my M50......
Where do you see the week allocated? Does that show up in the tracker some time after "order received"? I put my order in last July, just got my production number. I guess that means I'll be migrated to MY2023 too? So 16 months, that would put me at November, ugh.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Where do you see the week allocated? Does that show up in the tracker some time after "order received"? I put my order in last July, just got my production number. I guess that means I'll be migrated to MY2023 too? So 16 months, that would put me at November, ugh.
Call or email the geniuses for your tentative build week. As others here have experienced, it may and probably will get moved around though.

·
Registered
2014 BMW X1 - 143k miles (Waiting for my i4 M50)
20 Posts
North America launch wasn't until March, so Techwiz delay is really on the order of 2-3 months....not 16 months.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
872 Posts
North America launch wasn't until March, so Techwiz delay is really on the order of 2-3 months....not 16 months.
You would not consider the placement of a deposit as the point at which waiting can be measured from?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I agree. All the other stuff was information I had when I placed the deposit.

My actual delay as it stands now is from week 21 to week 30.

My first date given was week 21. They are now stating week 30. That's a 9 week delay

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
687 Posts
along those lines, my best bld week was week 13. So counting that bump fwd from week 14 to 13 and eventually going into the production week 23 and projected to complete week 24 (6/23/2022). That will make 11 weeks late. lol

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
872 Posts
I have gone from 23 to 24 and, with my current 150/build completion date of 23JUN22, it appears that I may yet land on week 26.

I don't know what build weeks the original person with this production number got that made them cancel, but I thank them for doing so, and allowing my wait to be shortened by 3-6 months. I suspect that they got that 12-week bump that a lot of people did, and it was too much for them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
12 all the way to 32 now… so 20 weeks here 😔

• Angry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any Canadian bothers or sisters get a recent allocation or production number? It seems like everything in Canada has completely stalled out. I am taking a Polestar 2 for a test drive tomorrow and will be asking the “how long order to delivery question”.

181 - 200 of 351 Posts