BMW i4 Forum banner
221 - 240 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Does Tanzanite (or the other standard "individual" colors that are available in the configurator) cause delays? I'm configured for Brooklyn Grey and I might stick with that or just give in to my nature and go for the dark blue option like I usually do.
Those colors are "production" Individual, lead time (if any) is always much less than "real" Individual colors -colors not in the configurator.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Does Tanzanite (or the other standard "individual" colors that are available in the configurator) cause delays? I'm configured for Brooklyn Grey and I might stick with that or just give in to my nature and go for the dark blue option like I usually do.
While no one knows for sure (except maybe someone in Munich) I highly doubt that even a truly individual color would cause any additional lead time beyond the very long wait times already present for all configs.

EDIT: My assumption is that the 10 week delay warning associated with individual selection was likely from back in 'good ole days' when you'd throw your order over the wall and they'd begin building within 1-2 months

Reactions: gsbaker and pjbm4

·
Registered
312 Posts
I guess the next question is if I should stick with Brooklyn Gray or change to Tanzanite. Either way I'm sticking with black sensatec and oak trim, same wheels and I think I'd even keep the blue calipers (though that's blue on different blue...wish they had black or gold).

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, I added my Prod # to My Garage and I can see all of my specs……except HUD. i also ordered the premium package with Live Cockpit Pro, which I believe comes with HUD. The dealer order shows that I added HUD as an option. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
312 Posts
So, I added my Prod # to My Garage and I can see all of my specs……except HUD. i also ordered the premium package with Live Cockpit Pro, which I believe comes with HUD. The dealer order shows that I added HUD as an option. Should I be worried?
Nope HUD on MyGarage vs. Order Sheet

Reactions: gsbaker and rjwc

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I guess the next question is if I should stick with Brooklyn Gray or change to Tanzanite. Either way I'm sticking with black sensatec and oak trim, same wheels and I think I'd even keep the blue calipers (though that's blue on different blue...wish they had black or gold).
Join the Tanzanite Crew. I'm biased.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
312 Posts
That Tanzanite color is an excellent choice, one of the best colors in my opinion but I’m staying with boring old black
I started out black, then mineral white, now brooklyn grey...and maybe Tanzanite before we're done. I like Brooklyn Grey, but I still question if it's "me". Sitting here in a dark blue T-shirt right now.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I started out black, then mineral white, now brooklyn grey...and maybe Tanzanite before we're done. I like Brooklyn Grey, but I still question if it's "me". Sitting here in a dark blue T-shirt right now.
"It had to be blue....." (Sung to the tune of It Had To Be You)

But really, I instantly knew I wanted tanzanite. I saw a 8 series with the tanzanite and cognac leather combo and was hooked. Unfortunately my car was migrated to MY2023 and no cognac leather and individual tartufo might delay the car.
So mocha it is.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
312 Posts
Finally got my production number today! And I have forsaken team Brooklyn Grey for team Tanzanite Blue. For reference, July 20th 2021 pre-order, M50. Also, I was able to add the m performance front lip and rear spoiler to be installed at the port.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Called the genius line, and I'm scheduled for production week 27 (July 4th).

Reactions: rjwc

·
Registered
356 Posts
Called the genius line, and I'm scheduled for production week 27 (July 4th).
I would be both happy for you and so angry with this ridiculous process if you do go ahead with week 27. Techwiz is week 31 (I think) tentatively right now and Don S and I are still not even rescheduled. 🎉 and 🤬

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: gsbaker and Feeb

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would be both happy for you and so angry with this ridiculous process if you do go ahead with week 27. Techwiz is week 31 (I think) tentatively right now and Don S and I are still not even rescheduled. 🎉 and 🤬
I feel kind of the same way...there seems to be no rhyme or reason. Fingers crossed I'm not just hopping on the status rollercoaster now. The genius person I spoke to said they are trying to push all the preorders out that needed to be converted to MY2023. Also interesting was the fact that the genius I spoke to said that just this week she saw a car get on a ship that'd been produced 5 days ago and also one that had been waiting 8 weeks for a ship. Production number probably truly does have little meaning other than I should get my car before October now, but it's at least perceived progress for me. Let's hope it's a sign of the flood gates opening.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Reactions: gsbaker and rjwc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, that’s crazy. I wonder if I am also week 27 (as I ordered the same day)? I’ll call Genius tomorrow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a production number for my wife’s iX xDrive50 and my i4 M50 this week. The i4 was preordered on August 3, 2021. The iX was ordered in March 2022. Hopefully this means things are starting to move for BMW EVs…?

221 - 240 of 349 Posts