·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Duplicate Post

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yep James. I’m expecting end of October at this stage also.

I put a deposit on a Fisker Ocean yesterday as a possible replacement for my 330i (which has another year of warranty left) that my son drives. Interesting vehicle and relatively inexpensive.
Which Ocean trim level?

I have a One on order.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Which Ocean trim level?

I have a One on order.

Waiting for my M50......
So, it won’t let me conifigure it Tech. I will go with the Ultra spec. I actually ordered two, one for my son and another for my daughter. I’m way down in the line, so if I get them by October 23, I‘ll be happy. Who knows they may be delivered before my i4 M50 QC:unsure:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
So, it won’t let me conifigure it Tech. I will go with the Ultra spec. I actually ordered two, one for my son and another for my daughter. I’m way down in the line, so if I get them by October 23, I‘ll be happy. Who knows they may be delivered before my i4 M50 QC:unsure:
I did the "One" because they are making those first and it's for my wife.

She got bent when I ordered the M50. But she likes trucks and SUV's.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: Feeb

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
I did the "One" fo because they are making those first and it's for my wife.

She got bent when I ordered the M50. But she likes trucks and SUV's.

Waiting for my M50......
Nice. I don’t think it’s possible for me to order that anymore. My wife drives the iX and really loves it, even more than her most recent Porsche Cayenne and multiple X5’s. The iX is a fantastic SUV but the Fisker Ocean is more reasonably priced.

The big question is….did you order it in Tanzanite Blue?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Nice. I don’t think it’s possible for me to order that anymore. My wife drives the iX and really loves it, even more than her most recent Porsche Cayenne and multiple X5’s. The iX is a fantastic SUV but the Fisker Ocean is more reasonably priced.

The big question is….did you order it in Tanzanite Blue?
Fisker One comes in matte blue.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,368 Posts
First day of Sept, let's cross our fingers the new
month brings new progress on the i4 M50 QC.
We've certainly seen more movement in the past week than we have in months for members of this forum...

Reactions: rjwc

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
We've certainly seen more movement in the past week than we have in months for members of this forum...
Yep and I am really happy to hear that but will all of the new cars going into production also ultimately end up in QC also?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yep and I am really happy to hear that but will all of the new cars going into production also ultimately end up in QC also?
For those of us in the Week 32 builds, there were no QC delays or holds reported. Not sure what that means, but providing it as a datapoint.

Reactions: ssh

·
Super Moderator
3,368 Posts
I'm hopeful... but also annoyingly and eternally optimistic, so factor that in... ;)

Reactions: rjwc

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
For those of us in the Week 32 builds, there were no QC delays or holds reported. Not sure what that means, but providing it as a datapoint.
Thanks for the Datapoint Doc. How could that be though? Our QC cars are waiting for a part, then they bring new cars onto the production line and assemble them with the part that we are waiting on!!! That doesn’t make sense. However nothing about this process seems to make sense 😪

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
I'm hopeful... but also annoyingly and eternally optimistic, so factor that in... ;)
Yep, I know the feeling

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone got an update on these special edition QC cars?
We’re coming up on 45 days stuck waiting on a part, while other cars are making it through production no problem. Are they having issues locating the red cows they need for my leather interior?

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Has anyone got an update on these special edition QC cars?
We’re coming up on 45 days stuck waiting on a part, while other cars are making it through production no problem. Are they having issues locating the red cows they need for my leather interior?
No. I agree with you James, without sounding being entitled but why are there a number of cars stuck in QC while others , which started production after ours are making it through production 🤕

·
Super Moderator
3,368 Posts
No. I agree with you James, without sounding being entitled but why are there a number of cars stuck in QC while others , which started production after ours are making it through production 🤕
Because you got the bad BDCs and for some reason they haven’t gotten new ones installed!

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Because you got the bad BDCs and for some reason they haven’t gotten new ones installed!
Yes, my car has the bad BDC, so give all of us waiting customers in QC status one of the new ones going into cars produced after ours. Why can’t they take the bad one out? If it fails whenever I actually own the car, will that also take months?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, my car has the bad BDC, so give all of us waiting customers in QC status one of the new ones going into cars produced after ours. Why can’t they take the bad one out? If it fails whenever I actually own the car, will that also take months?
It doesn’t help that BMW hasn’t said a word and has just left us all hanging.
14+ months waiting and still have no idea when to expect the car. Losing faith it’ll even come in 2022 at this point.

541 - 560 of 581 Posts