BMW i4 Forum banner
561 - 580 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
It doesn’t help that BMW hasn’t said a word and has just left us all hanging.
14+ months waiting and still have no idea when to expect the car. Losing faith it’ll even come in 2022 at this point.
Nope. I’ll be at the 14th month period September 20th.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very disappointing to be stuck in QC since July 26. Normally would be driving that car by now. Appears to be a bad batch of batteries (or BDC) that impacted few weeks of production.
Has anyone written to BMW and is that worth it ? Or have you heard of any accommodations in scenarios like this ?

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,365 Posts
Very disappointing to be stuck in QC since July 26. Normally would be driving that car by now. Appears to be a bad batch of batteries (or BDC) that impacted few weeks of production.
Has anyone written to BMW and is that worth it ? Or have you heard of any accommodations in scenarios like this ?
A number of folks have seen theirs move out of QC today. They seem to be making progress.

Reactions: rjwc

·
Registered
Now Skyscraper grey 40. Some day hopefully soon TZ m50
457 Posts
A number of folks have seen theirs move out of QC today. They seem to be making progress.
I want to convince myself that this means things are falling into place. They get stuck in QC waiting for a part for a month while at the same time others are pushed way back to week 40. Who knows maybe they built all they could store onsite to sit in QC and the ones bumped to 40 would have been in the same boat, would have needed to wait for the part but they didn't have capacity to store them.

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
240 Posts
Picking up the car right now. My CA shared with me the 1.9% bulletin for MY22, but now the finance person is saying that BMW financial said it doesn’t apply to MY23s 🥴

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Picking up the car right now. My CA shared with me the 1.9% bulletin for MY22, but now the finance person is saying that BMW financial said it doesn’t apply to MY23s 🥴
He's wrong. Make him call BMW FS with you in the room. I don't know if it's intentional, but I would call them on it.

·
Registered
2014 BMW X1 - 155k miles (Waiting for my i4 M50)
133 Posts
Yea you need to be in the room with them to make sure they are asking the correct question. If they just ask the lazy question "Is there a 1.9% financing available for i4 orders?" The response might be "no, that program ended". If they ask "is there a 1.9% financing available for i4 preorders placed online last year?" the answer would be "if they have a pre-order number and paid the $1500 down payment, then yes they qualify for the 1.9% financing program rate.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I still have not gotten my MY2022 pricing as promised. I basically have an IOU written into final contract from dealer to me. I'll post once they confirm $1200 coming back my way. Got car this past Friday
Just got an email from them - sending me a check for $1357, which I guess is $1250 plus tax. BMW did deliver - but I had to keep pushing.

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
While the car moved past QC and is waiting on carrier assignment, I noticed a new recall item was added. Anyone else seeing this ?
There have been multiple people on the forum which have this recall notice. Software only and relatively fast from what I've seen here on the forum.

Reactions: rjwc

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Hoping you are right about that. Do they do these updates at the VPC or at the dealer
Typically VPC if the car hasn't been imported, yet--again based on what I've seen anecdotally here.

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Should be VDC unless you're getting a Performance Center Delivery. Then, it's VPC. I think. Too many acronyms!

• Haha
Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
120 Posts
Of the cars on my boat that unloaded in NY, most had the fault and all but one was fixed at VDC within a free days. That one also had the BDC error and needs a part. I was curious so I monitored all the VIN on ships BOL.

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Happy to report that my car has also progressed in its status. Just saw this morning, was in QC since July 26
Glad to see that yourself and James are finally out of QC. Hopefully mine will be very soon 🤔

561 - 580 of 581 Posts