BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
335i convertible, BMW K1600b mc
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the pre-production i4 is/was at Parkview BMW in Toronto Ontario.
My understanding so far, it was possibly only there from Oct 18 & 19.
I am still waiting on an email from Denver at Parkview to see if it still there.

· Registered
51 Posts
I just noticed the pre-production i4 is/was at Parkview BMW in Toronto Ontario.
My understanding so far, it was possibly only there from Oct 18 & 19.
I am still waiting on an email from Denver at Parkview to see if it still there.

Yup only there till today (19th). I talked to my guy in Barrie, says it will stay in Toronto a few days but not going to Barrie. You may want to check other T.O. dealerships...

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup only there till today (19th). I talked to my guy in Barrie, says it will stay in Toronto a few days but not going to Barrie. You may want to check other T.O. dealerships...
Yes, I'll definitely will be calling around tm. I'm not impressed the sales guy at the dealer didn't make me aware of it.
Hopefully I can track it down and see it in person.

· Registered
51 Posts
Yes, I'll definitely will be calling around tm. I'm not impressed the sales guy at the dealer didn't make me aware of it.
Hopefully I can track it down and see it in person.
I hear ya. I had asked my guy to keep me in the loop, i reached out to him when I found out about Parkview. I can only hope we get a call when our order slots come up!! 😒

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya. I had asked my guy to keep me in the loop, i reached out to him when I found out about Parkview. I can only hope we get a call when our order slots come up!! 😒
Well with regards to order slots and delivery dates. I sure hope they are not gonna play the Tesla over promise and under deliver game as I played that years ago, and got discouraged with Tesla changing delivery dates . Ending up getting my refund and getting a Kona EV.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I got so far
Oct 6-7: Pfaff BMW – Mississauga, ON
Oct 9, 12: Policaro BMW – Brampton, ON
Oct 15-16: Maranello BMW – Vaughan, ON
Oct 19-20: BMW Newmarket – Newmarket, ON
Oct 22-23: BMW Autohaus – Thornhill, ON

· Registered
51 Posts
This is what I got so far
Oct 6-7: Pfaff BMW – Mississauga, ON
Oct 9, 12: Policaro BMW – Brampton, ON
Oct 15-16: Maranello BMW – Vaughan, ON
Oct 19-20: BMW Newmarket – Newmarket, ON
Oct 22-23: BMW Autohaus – Thornhill, ON
Good job! I was thinking its too bad that BMW Canada does not provide some sort of schedule for the general public!

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good job! I was thinking its too bad that BMW Canada does not provide some sort of schedule for the general public!
I think unless your an EV only car dealer, they are in no hurry to promote EVs with less Maintenance.
I will do more calling later this am, to actually confirm the dates as BMW Canada, didn't show the 18 and 19 slot at Parkview BMW.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the confusion
Ok these dates fm BMW Canada are not even correct. I'd suggest calling the dealers to confirm.
Today telephone calls confirmed Pfaff BMW Mississauga this Fri Sat
Budds Oakville next Monday to Wed
Today at Maranello Vaughan

· Registered
2011 Audi S4
11 Posts
Just come back after checking out the i4 at Budds, feels pretty typical BMW affair, and the kidney grill does not seem as imposing as it does in the pics. It actually does look nicer in person.
And the Sanremo green looks nice in person.

My biggest gripe is iDrive 8, looked very choppy and laggy. Hopefully, this is because the software is pre-production, and the final version will be a lot better.
But the same version in the iX was a lot smoother than the i4.

But I am convinced enough to put down a deposit, but as per BMW, delivery ETA would be 2023.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Fixture Automotive lighting
Car Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just come back after checking out the i4 at Budds, feels pretty typical BMW affair, and the kidney grill does not seem as imposing as it does in the pics. It actually does look nicer in person.
And the Sanremo green looks nice in person.

My biggest gripe is iDrive 8, looked very choppy and laggy. Hopefully, this is because the software is pre-production, and the final version will be a lot better.
But the same version in the iX was a lot smoother than the i4.

But I am convinced enough to put down a deposit, but as per BMW, delivery ETA would be 2023.
Hopefully 2023 is for new orders now.
Last i was told a week ago was March/April but my pre order has been in for awhile.

· Registered
2011 Audi S4
11 Posts
Hopefully 2023 is for new orders now.
Last i was told a week ago was March/April but my pre order has been in for awhile.
Yeah I am hoping it would be earlier than their ETA. The ETA they provided was because of the overall supply chain issues and the chip shortage. Hopefully when it gets better, they would ramp up delivery.

The same issue with the Rivian R1S pre-order as well.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I am hoping it would be earlier than their ETA. The ETA they provided was because of the overall supply chain issues and the chip shortage. Hopefully when it gets better, they would ramp up delivery.

The same issue with the Rivian R1S pre-order as well.
Good you got ur pre-order now, cuz once ppl get deliveries and start posting reviews , the interest will rise, im sure.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
But the same ve
That might be another indication of something I was feared.
The i4 might have a different/lesser processor than the iX.
I thought that when I realised that the i4 doesn't have Augmented Reality navigation.

· Registered
2011 Audi S4
11 Posts
That might be another indication of something I was feared.
The i4 might have a different/lesser processor than the iX.
I thought that when I realised that the i4 doesn't have Augmented Reality navigation.
You might be right about the CPU/Processor. But will see if and how BMW will fine tune the UI for the i4.
The way it is right now, I would not be able to live with it. And that might be a deal breaker for me.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah that was my thinking as well. At least I can always cancel the pre-order.

I have a feeling once this is on the street, a lot of Model 3/3P buyers might gravitate to this.
It's funny you mentioned that, when I was there yesterday, I seen 2 Teslas in the parking lot.
The only advantage the model 3 has, is acceleration and imo, if you appreciate range and ur driving license, the acceleration grows old. As far as interior, the i4 has that Beaton down and paint quality from BMW is bar none. My 08 Convertible, once I put a wax job on it looks like a brand new car.
The one thing that I really liked is once the seats are folded down , it's fairly flushed or good enuf for me. I'm looking forward to Bjorn's banana box report. Lol Another thing, I'm 6'1" , and once I adjust the seat back , I can almost not touch the pedals. Lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.