• 37 Order is at BMW NA
  • 87 Production Week Assigned
  • 97 Order sent to AG
  • 100 Order deleted by AG
  • 101 Error in data transmitted
  • 102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
  • 105 Order out of Prod. Period
  • 111 Order Accepted at AG
Up to this point, you can still make changes to the car such as options, colors, etc...
However, once the car status goes to 112, you cannot make any changes since the car is now in production.

• 112 Order scheduled for Production
  • 150 Production Started
  • 151 Body Shop Started
  • 152 Paint Shop Started
  • 153 Assembly Started
  • 155 Production Completed
  • 160 Released to Distribution
  • 168 AG Stock
  • 170 Waiting Workshop
  • 172 Planned for Workshop
  • 174 Workshop Entry
  • 176 Workshop Complete
  • 180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
  • 181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
  • 182 Schedule for Carrier
  • 190 In transit to the port of exit
  • 191 Returned to BMW AG
  • 193 Arrived at Port of Exit
  • 194 Selected for Shipment
  • 195 Shipped from Port of Exit
  • 196 Shipment Arrival at destination port?

General Timeline of Events:
The timelines are general and assume everything goes as planned. There could always be delays if the vehicle is stuck in customs, or has some damage during shipping.
  • Build start (150) to build finish (155): 1-2 weeks
    Timeline for deliveries overseas
    • Build finish (155) to Scheduled for Carrier (182): 1 day
    • Status 182 to 190 (on a train to Bremerhaven): 1-3 days
    • Status 190 to 193 (at the port awaiting a ship): 1-2 days
    • Status 193 to 195 (on a ship): 3-5 days for east coast delivery, 5-12 days for west coast delivery (more detail on this later)
    • Shipping time from Bremerhaven to East Coast: 12-17 days depending on the number of stops
    • Shipping time from Bremerhaven to West Coast: About 30 days
    • Offload at port: 1 day
  • Processing through customs: 1-2 days
  • Process through BMW Vehicle Processing Center (VDC) and onto a carrier: 2-5 days
  • Shipping time on the carrier to Dealership: 1-4 days

For overseas deliveries: Ships to be monitored in the next weeks (till the end of April)

Car Transport CompanySchedules
Link to website + how to​
Höegh Autoliners:
Schedule - Hoegh Autoliners
  • By Port > Load Port Bremerhaven > Discharge Port X
  • By Vessel > Select the name of the vessel in the list
Wallenius Wilhelmsen:
Rectangle Font Music Slope Parallel
RoRo vessel schedules and routes - Wallenius Wilhelmsen
By Route > Select Route > Europe & South Africa > From Europe to North America
NYK Line:
Font Line Art Rectangle Parallel
Schedules - NYK RORO
Select PDF: Europe to USA, Caribbean and South America
ARC Line:
Font Material property Art Parallel Pattern
Schedule - American Roll-On Roll-Off Carrier
Select: Route > Westbound: Europe to US
K-Line:
Rectangle Font Music Parallel Slope
"K" Line America, Inc. | RORO Ocean Shipping Company | Car Carrier
Select: RORO Schedules > Europe Trans Atlantic Schedule > Select: Schedules > Europe to North America & Mexico Gulf Schedule PDF

Take the name in one of the yellow fields and type it in the correct field (Ship Name) on this site: Vessel Database - VesselFinder
Then you'll know where that vessel is and what ports it already docked.

Pricelist in the different countries:
You can send me the price list (or an update) of your country and I'll add it to the list of this sticky topic.
  • Belgium (NL) - 11/2021
  • Belgium (FR) - 11/2021
  • The Netherlands - 01/2022
  • France - 10/2021
  • US - 10/2021 (Upload by @dspevack)
  • Austria - 01/2022
  • Germany - 01/2022 (Corrected by @steffo)
  • Luxembourg (FR) - 01/2021
  • Denmark - 10/2021 (Upload by @Inside)

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dealer here in Norway is not very communicative on this and I haven't heard anything about codes or status since I ordered my car back in september.
My contract say delivery no later than Q4-2022.

Will we the buyers get access to check this code from code 87 and on, or is this information dealer only?

·
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think for European users, it's dealer info only. But nobody prevents you from asking your dealer what the status code is for your vehicle. For US users I believe there is a procedure for tracking their car (it involves a US phone number)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think for European users, it's dealer info only. But nobody prevents you from asking your dealer what the status code is for your vehicle. For US users I believe there is a procedure for tracking their car (it involves a US phone number)
In the USA, you need to
1. Find your production number, usually available from the dealer. The dealer should be able to give you the current status code also.
2. Enter production number in the "My Garage" Section of the USA website.
The website will tell you which stage of production your car is in, though it does not give you the status number.
3. You can also call the BMW Genius phone number, 844-443-6487.
They should be able to provide you with the build week and status code once you provide them with the production number.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, ofc I can contact my dealer. But they are quite busy, and not easy to get in touch with. Probably in part because many customers are calling in to check on their orders :)
I think, after ordering a years gross income worth of car, they should've made that tiny bit of their cloud available to us customers in Europe too. It's 2022 after all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oddly that seems to be true. I asked my dealer how it’s possible to be that difficult to find them on the phone when there are no cars to sell and the reply was that they have too many phone calls to answer and explain the difficulties they have. Today I learnt that Greece will not have any car in production in February. Possibly March.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Upon Speaking with the GENIUS line today (one hour 10 minute wait) to verify production week (March 7) I asked when we will see the status on the BMW my garage change.
They said it usually doesn't change until either the week before or the week of production. So for those of you that have a March build date, which seems to be the earliest in the USA,
I wouldn't even be looking for an update until March 1 at the earliest.

·
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Calendar with week indication added on request of @dspevack (He actually asked something else, but this was the best I came up with :cool: )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know why there is no online tracking in Europe?
I was told it is possible to track production on the UK website via the Online Genius chat (available from the build configuration page), but only once you are given the 7 digit order number. I asked my bmw dealer yesterday as I currently have a 5 digit order number, and he confirmed it will be possible once I will be given the chassis number, in my case in a month or so (expected delivery in July).

·
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shipping info for overseas deliveries added (limited)

Reactions: W645

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
464 Posts
So if I have production week 5 does that mean it's finished producing the car then or production starts at week 5.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts