BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Today: 430D Someday: i4 M50 Portimao Blue
31 Posts
i4 M50 purchase price: 83.410-€ ordered September 2021, delivery scheduled mid July. Options included are:

M Portimao Blau metallic
Leder Vernasca Oyster mit Dekorsteppung
Active Protection 5AL
BMW Laserlicht 5AZ
BMW Live Cockpit Prof. 6U3
Driving Assistant Professional 5AU
Fernlichtassistent 5AC
Glasdach, elektrisch 403
Instrumententafel in Sensatec 4AW
Komfortzugang 322
Lackierung: Metallic
Lenkrad: Lenkradheizung 248
M Hochglanz Shadow Line mit erw. Umfänge 7M9
M Sicherheitsgurte 4GQ
Paket: Innen- und Außenspiegelpaket 430
Parking Assistant Plus 5DN
Polster: Leder Vernasca Oyster.Tacorarot
Räder:19"M LM Dop.sp.861M Bicolor Mischb 3FT
Radiozub.: Harman Kardon Surround Sound 688
Sitze: Lehnenbreitenverstellung Fahrer 490
Sitze: Sitzheizung für Fahrer-Beifahrer 494
Sitze: Sitzverstellung, el., mit Memory 459
Sitze:Lordosenstütze für Fahrersitz elek 488
Sonnenschutzverglasung 420
Telefon: Ablage für Wireless Charging 6NX
Driving Assistant Professional 5AU
Driving Assistant 5AS
Geschwindigkeitsregelung, Akt., Stop&Go 5DF

·
Registered
727 Posts
That’s quite an increase in DKK tax is it a Danish import tax? Your sales tax @ 25% is higher than here @ 20%.
The tax is a danish registration tax, which is mandatory for all cars. Normal diesel/petrol cars are the most expensive to buy. The tax is calculated like this for a non EV or hybrid:

25 % tax of the first USD 9400.
Then 85 % between USD 9400-29.000.
And a crazy 150 % tax of the remaining purchase amount.

Buying a well equipped BMW M4 Competition Coupé in Denmark would cost you about USD 330.000

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The tax is a danish registration tax, which is mandatory for all cars. Normal diesel/petrol cars are the most expensive to buy. The tax is calculated like this for a non EV or hybrid:

Buying a well equipped BMW M4 Competition Coupé in Denmark would cost you about USD 330.000
😱

·
Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50’s - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
209 Posts
Font Automotive mirror Plant Tints and shades Technology

85,705usd
Plus
2700usd Mperformance rear carbon diffusor and gloss black surround
2000usd Mperformance front lip in carbon
350usd Mperformance carbon roof antenna
500usd Crystal shifter, start/volume buttons and idrive knob
500usd M performance carbon fiber and leather steering trim
1200usd FlexiShield cosmetic PPF gloss black roof wrap and drip rails.
200usd front and rear spacers from Bonoss, 10mm front and 10mm rear.
1000usd Gtechniq sealants on wheels, plastics, glass, and interior etc.
1600usd Prestige ceramic window tint all around, including windshield and sunroof
12,000usd full entire car wrapped in Xpel Ultimate fusion

with all this stuff, it’s a bit over 100k.
And doing it all over again with my M50 when it comes in with twilight purple and full merino ivory interior. Plus my car has the 20” nightgold wheels with Michelin pilot sport 4S tires which is another 6k or so.
i think my sticker price will be around 88K before all the extras.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
View attachment 11216
85,705usd
Plus
1600usd Prestige ceramic window tint all around, including windshield and sunroof

And doing it all over again with my M50 when it comes in with twilight purple and full merino ivory interior.
Awesome!

·
Registered
117 Posts
View attachment 11216
85,705usd
Plus

And doing it all over again with my M50 when it comes in with twilight purple and full merino ivory interior. Plus my car has the 20” nightgold wheels with Michelin pilot sport 4S tires which is another 6k or so.
Excited to see this :D

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
602 Posts

Denmark is probably the only country that taxes non EV's higher than Norway :
BMW M4 Competition Coupé is approx USD 200.000, compared with i4M50 at one third.

The high ICE tax, and the no EV tax is of course the main reason for the cracy i4M50 sales in Norway:

BMW probably sold something like 40, M4's every year in Norway. the i4M50 : one hundred times more cars : guessing more than 5000 orders of i4M50 from 2021 from Norway.

So with a little bit of more than 5 million people in Norway: 1 out of 1000 will drive the i4M50 - will be interesting too see the accident statistics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Denmark is probably the only country that taxes non EV's higher than Norway :
BMW M4 Competition Coupé is approx USD 200.000, compared with i4M50 at one third.

The high ICE tax, and the no EV tax is of course the main reason for the cracy i4M50 sales in Norway:

BMW probably sold something like 40, M4's every year in Norway. the i4M50 : one hundred times more cars : guessing more than 5000 orders of i4M50 from 2021 from Norway.

So with a little bit of more than 5 million people in Norway: 1 out of 1000 will drive the i4M50 - will be interesting too see the accident statistics.
With adaptive driving, I expect accidents should remain low (assuming people keep it switched on!)
Is your charging infrastructure good? With taxes like that, I don’t expect anyone to be buying ice cars in Norway or Denmark!

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
602 Posts
The new main road from Oslo going southeast (E18) has had a big reduction in accidents. During a six month period there was 10 accident - 8 of them was Teslas - probably running on Autopilot).

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

------------------------------------------------
The combination of no EV tax(not even VAT) and high tax on ICE has resulted in nearly no sales of conventional cars that is not pure EV in Norway.

As I understand it Denmark also started the same, but then added taxes on EV's so not a big success? Same will probably happen from 2023 in Norway with VAT on (the part of ) price above NOK 500000 (Eur 45000) - An important reason for the big numbers of iX'es going into Norway - and probably soon also i4M50.

elbilstatistikk.no

Rectangle Font Line Material property Parallel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I thought autopilot on Tesla's was meant to prevent accidents!! This technology is still in its infancy so I expect there will be teething problems, but I would think the more vehicles adopt this technology, the less likelihood there will be as many accidents. The i4 M50 doesn't have self drive functionality but surely the adaptive cruise control and other safety measures should reduce accidents - assuming they are turned on?

UPDATE: my i4 M50 is not due until Q2 2023, so I've managed to jump into a cancelled order for an i4 e40, which I'm hoping will arrive before September this year! Ok, so tech pack plus was not available because they don't have the 3D surround cameras (hence the previous customer cancelling) but I can live without it until the M50 arrives... which means I will be one of the few sellers of a used e40 in Q2 next year 🤞!

It will be interesting to have an extended drive of the single motor e40 well before getting the dual motor M50 (I've test driven both). Plenty of positives getting the upgrade, especially all the added equipment and extra motor. Hopefully, I will have got use to managing the battery in the e40 so that I won't be worried about the reduced range once the M50 arrives!

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
869 Posts
I thought autopilot on Tesla's was meant to prevent accidents!! This technology is still in its infancy so I expect there will be teething problems, but I would think the more vehicles adopt this technology, the less likelihood there will be as many accidents. The i4 M50 doesn't have self drive functionality but surely the adaptive cruise control and other safety measures should reduce accidents - assuming they are turned on?

UPDATE: my i4 M50 is not due until Q2 2023, so I've managed to jump into a cancelled order for an i4 e40, which I'm hoping will arrive before September this year! Ok, so tech pack plus was not available because they don't have the 3D surround cameras (hence the previous customer cancelling) but I can live without it until the M50 arrives... which means I will be one of the few sellers of a used e40 in Q2 next year 🤞!

It will be interesting to have an extended drive of the single motor e40 well before getting the dual motor M50 (I've test driven both). Plenty of positives getting the upgrade, especially all the added equipment and extra motor. Hopefully, I will have got use to managing the battery in the e40 so that I won't be worried about the reduced range once the M50 arrives!

There have been some articles that suggest that FSD/Autopilot turns itself off 0.5-1 second before impact in a crash, and potentially so that the company can say that it was not on at the time of the accident.

• Wow
Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
There have been some articles that suggest that FSD/Autopilot turns itself off 0.5-1 second before impact in a crash, and potentially so that the company can say that it was not on at the time of the accident.
Call me litigious, but if that were actually proven, Tesla would be immersed in scandal of a scale greater than that seen in the emissions scandal!

·
Registered
i4 40e Brooklyn Grey/Black leather Blue stitching/M Sport pkg/Premium pkg/HK sound
182 Posts
edrive 40 with leather , m sport pkg, premium pkg, HK sound. $71,100 OTD

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
869 Posts
Call me litigious, but if that were actually proven, Tesla would be immersed in scandal of a scale greater than that seen in the emissions scandal!
Pretty sure it is the NTSB making the accusation.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Have you guys in the US been told that some options aren’t available due to supply chain shortages or have BMW USA just extended delivery timescales?
Partly, BMW UK have said it is due to supply chain shortages and also that some wiring looms were produced in Ukraine but for obvious reasons they are now sourcing those elsewhere.

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
687 Posts
Wow!.........is there some dealer math/add-ons? that price seems very high. Makes me nervous! My CA keeps getting skiddish whenever I ask about the OTD. I feel a big argument coming in the next few weeks when they try to add on some profit items.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Have you guys in the US been told that some options aren’t available due to supply chain shortages or have BMW USA just extended delivery timescales?
Partly, BMW UK have said it is due to supply chain shortages and also that some wiring looms were produced in Ukraine but for obvious reasons they are now sourcing those elsewhere.
I haven't been told anything.
My M50 was.oushed back now pushed into a MY2023.

No information about things not being there. But then not going into production either.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
i4 40e Brooklyn Grey/Black leather Blue stitching/M Sport pkg/Premium pkg/HK sound
182 Posts
Wow!.........is there some dealer math/add-ons? that price seems very high. Makes me nervous! My CA keeps getting skiddish whenever I ask about the OTD. I feel a big argument coming in the next few weeks when they try to add on some profit items.
That's the OTD price. It was MSRP and just under $10k in options. I didn't list all of them. Price was as built on the BMW website ($65,620). Sales tax is 8.375%. The only dealer fee was $80 doc fee.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts