BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Tesla Model 3 SR+
96 Posts
Agree with a lot of the above….my build is pretty basic (was prioritizing the 301 of range), so my build is not at all exotic. Skyscraper Grey, 18 inch wheels, and the only add-ons I cared about were normal (HK audio, cruise control, wireless charging). Hoping for delivery before the fall!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Agree with a lot of the above….my build is pretty basic (was prioritizing the 301 of range), so my build is not at all exotic. Skyscraper Grey, 18 inch wheels, and the only add-ons I cared about were normal (HK audio, cruise control, wireless charging). Hoping for delivery before the fall!
Funny, yours is identical to mine except I didn't spring for the HK audio! Who knows if there's some batching of similar vehicles / destinations.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Funny, yours is identical to mine except I didn't spring for the HK audio! Who knows if there's some batching of similar vehicles / destinations.
I'm sure there is batching involved.
They use just in time sourcing.

So I can't imagine not batching cars with long lead time items together. Let's say HUD is 8 weeks to get the parts. You batch cars with his because you are ordering pallets of parts and not just one or two.

The manufacturing is not a pure FIFO.

That's not how it happens. I've had a production number since Dec.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Production numbers were a milestone during preorder.
Now they are usually available within a few weeks of order.

The real sign of progress is when you get your VIN#.
Then you know production is imminent!
In the USA it will show up in "My Garage".
I would assume that you get it from your genius or dealer in other countries that don't have My Garage.

I'm still a few weeks out (week 11) so my VIN isn't in yet, but we are now completing production week #4, and some of you early adopters should be seeing progress soon.

Dan
Production Number and VIN Assigned for my i4 eDrive 40. WBY73AW03NFN#####

·
Registered
594 Posts
i4 eDrive 40 ordered March 2022, VIN Assigned
WBY73AW03NFN#####
You took someone's canceled spot. Otherwise there's no way and you cannot convince me otherwise :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
My build is identical to yours!!! Wanted the range. I have a build date of Week 22. It remains to be seen if that happens. Yes, it might be the "basic" builds are moving forward..............for now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My build is identical to yours!!! Wanted the range. I have a build date of Week 22. It remains to be seen if that happens. Yes, it might be the "basic" builds are moving forward..............for now.
eDrive40
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Laser lights, etc. Pretty much fully equipped.

March order, "Exterior Body Assembly Begins" today... Expected delivery in US in July

·
Registered
2020 Tesla Model 3 SR+
96 Posts
Good move! I went from “In the paint booth“ yesterday to “Awaiting carrier assignment“ today so this thing is blazing along! Selling my Tesla to Carmax on Saturday as I await this bad boy!

21 - 40 of 75 Posts