BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

Registered
2023 M sport, Black Sapphire Metallic and most of the bells and whitsles.
Now you can really watch frantically for each step of it's journey to you. I know because that's what I did. 馃ぃ
Remember the old days one could walk into a dealeership and walk out the same day with a car unless you really wanted options or colors that they had to order. Probably be at least 10 years before that will happen with EV's. Who knows.

Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
Remember the old days one could walk into a dealeership and walk out the same day with a car unless you really wanted options or colors that they had to order. Probably be at least 10 years before that will happen with EV's. Who knows.
Right!

In the days of "inventory".

I visited a bmw dealer last month and saw maybe a dozen cars for sale.

Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
Right!

A dozen is a big number around here!

• Helpful
Reactions: dudenjen

Registered
Right!

My dealer has lots of inventory.

Waiting for my M50......

Registered
How long is it nowadays to go from a production number to getting a build week assigned?

Super Moderator
How long is it nowadays to go from a production number to getting a build week assigned?
Replied to your other post on this. There is no rule. Could be literally any timeline at all. It鈥檚 been all over the place for members here. It seems to be improving a bit, but we鈥檒l have to see how it shakes out as the MY23s start rolling off the line.

Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
Precisely 42.7 SAE whiles, or 93.33 metric whiles, but longer if you want fries with your order.

AKA, nobody knows, the variability alone is longer than some people's entire wait.

There are people who have had a production number 9 months, and people who ordered and got the car in about 3 months. There are indicators that may help suggest if you will have a short or long wait, but even those are tenuous at best.

Reactions: dudenjen and ssh

Registered
I know this may vary as well, but how far in advance of step 150 does a car usually enter 112? I know once in 112 it can go back to 111 but is it usually days, weeks, etc between 112 and 150 or does it completely vary?

Super Moderator
I know this may vary as well, but how far in advance of step 150 does a car usually enter 112? I know once in 112 it can go back to 111 but is it usually days, weeks, etc between 112 and 150 or does it completely vary?
All over the map. IIRC, some have gone all the way back to 047! Hopefully this has mostly been cleared up, but there isn't a rule of thumb for this. I've seen days to many months.

Registered
All over the map. IIRC, some have gone all the way back to 047! Hopefully this has mostly been cleared up, but there isn't a rule of thumb for this. I've seen days to many months.
Thanks. How can you possibly go back to 047? Once a dealer assigns the build to an allocation I would think it would stay at 111 at least鈥

Super Moderator
Thanks. How can you possibly go back to 047? Once a dealer assigns the build to an allocation I would think it would stay at 111 at least鈥
So would I, but we've seen it happen on this board. I don't get it and I suppose I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Registered
So would I, but we've seen it happen on this board. I don't get it and I suppose I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
I received an allocation yesterday with build week 38, already slipped today to week 41. I understand what you all mean now about these dates moving around a bunch!

Reactions: Magicrat

Registered
2023 i4 M50.

I got my VIN and entered the "Production Begins" phase August 9, 2022. I first placed the order in December, 2021. My prodDate is (currently) 2022-09-01. If everything holds, there are no recalls, and it passes QC, I'm hoping I might be able to take delivery in November (I'm in Denver, CO, USA).

I have been perusing this forum lately, and I do have a few concerns that the timeline might slip. I see a few folks with BDC issues, and another with a battery recall. Plus, shipping is a mess and the Rhine River depth is low.

So who even knows at this point.

Super Moderator
2023 i4 M50.

I got my VIN and entered the "Production Begins" phase August 9, 2022. I first placed the order in December, 2021. My prodDate is (currently) 2022-09-01. If everything holds, there are no recalls, and it passes QC, I'm hoping I might be able to take delivery in November (I'm in Denver, CO, USA).

I have been perusing this forum lately, and I do have a few concerns that the timeline might slip. I see a few folks with BDC issues, and another with a battery recall. Plus, shipping is a mess and the Rhine River depth is low.

So who even know at this point.
We're pulling for you! You and @Ilektriksky are only a day apart and both going to the Denver metro area (his pickup is in Boulder). You'll likely be on the same ship.

I live in Boulder but am doing a PCD, so will drive it home from South Carolina... hoping for October.

Registered
After 21 days in the queue, my car is in exterior assembly!
NICE!

I'm curious to know how long it takes from this step to "Ready for Transport." Can you please let us know? My prodDate is 2022-09-01 (still the same this morning, US time), and today is Aug 29 and I'm still in "Production Begins" status.

Thanks.

Reactions: ssh

Registered
Is the production date visible using the Chrome inspect tool the start of production date or end of production date?

Registered
Reactions: Asiggy
81 - 100 of 130 Posts