BMW i4 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Is the production date visible using the Chrome inspect tool the start of production date or end of production date?
Production completion date

Reactions: ssh and lazLA

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is the production date visible using the Chrome inspect tool the start of production date or end of production date?
Based on what I've seen on this forum, I think this means the date it would be complete and ready for transport. But I'm not 100% sure of that, plus dates can slip.
@Ilektriksky beat me to it, and I am not seeing an option to delete my post.

Reactions: ssh

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts
We believe prodDate is end of production. We'll know a lot more this week!

Reactions: dudenjen and lazLA

·
Registered
176 Posts
What's the best day of the week to call BMW Genius for updates on production week prior to having a VIN? Are updates more likely to come on say a Monday than a Friday? Like everyone else on this forum, I'm afraid I'm becoming obsessed with checking 😀

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
What's the best day of the week to call BMW Genius for updates on production week prior to having a VIN? Are updates more likely to come on say a Monday than a Friday? Like everyone else on this forum, I'm afraid I'm becoming obsessed with checking 😀
I suggest MyGarage if you have a production number. No real need to call them. Nothing means anything anyway until you have that VIN, so...

But, I haven't seen big specifics, although Thursday has been fairly consistent for bumps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I suggest MyGarage if you have a production number. No real need to call them. Nothing means anything anyway until you have that VIN, so...

But, I haven't seen big specifics, although Thursday has been fairly consistent for bumps.
Can you see upcoming production week on MyGarage? I thought you had to call for that

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
Can you see upcoming production week on MyGarage? I thought you had to call for that
Sorry for not being clear... yes, you have to call or email for production week. Given how rarely it changes, I emailed on Thu/Fri: [email protected]

Reactions: lazLA

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wrote a little script (Mac OS or Linux only) that will call the one API that has the data we're after and display only the info I'm interested in to a terminal. I have it setup to retrieve only the .dataContent.ProdVehicleDetails[].overHeadMessage and .dataContent.ProdVehicleDetails[].prodDate from the JSON payload.

Today I checked, and I see that my car is moving along!! :love:

Code:
"Exterior body assembly begins"
"2022-09-01"

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
I wrote a little script (Mac OS or Linux only) that will call the one API that has the data we're after and display only the info I'm interested in to a terminal. I have it setup to retrieve only the .dataContent.ProdVehicleDetails[].overHeadMessage and .dataContent.ProdVehicleDetails[].prodDate from the JSON payload.

Code:
"2022-09-01"
So... hopefully see mine tomorrow!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve entered the assembly line.

So it took about 17 hours to go from exterior assembly to being “in the painting booth.” I’ve never seen a production date. Just had a production week I got from the BMW Concierge.

Code:
"2022-09-01"

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
Love it! Hope springs eternal!

Reactions: captainrewind

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hopefully this play-by-play isn’t annoying, but I’m now awaiting a carrier assignment!
Nah, it's all good! Mine is just a few steps behind you. I'm still in the paint booth today, but every time your status changes, mine does a bit later in the day. Hopefully, I'll be through assembly very soon.

I wonder how @e46mpwr's is coming along. Ours are bound for the same region, so hopefully we're pretty close.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dispatched from factory! So surreal this car physically exists now! Haha.
Quality Check! I am still just a few paces behind you!

• Love
Reactions: ssh and Asiggy

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: Asiggy and ssh
101 - 120 of 130 Posts