BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found the planned yearly production rate of i4s? I made my order for M50 a week ago and estimated delivery time is September 2022. It seems likely that the first year production will not exceed 20 000 units. Why is this? Lack of batteries? Anyway, we are going to drive rare cars for the first few years. Especially if you compare to the Tesla Model 3's above 500 000 cars per year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Guys, there is a difference in putting a deposit to get in line and the actual order no?? @max03 when you say you put your order in a week ago, did you put a down payment beforehand? If not, timelime makes sense!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, there is a difference in putting a deposit to get in line and the actual order no?? @max03 when you say you put your order in a week ago, did you put a down payment beforehand? If not, timelime makes sense!
Down payment? I just put my name on the dotted line, car comes in a year and I will pay a zillion euros for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Down payment? I just put my name on the dotted line, car comes in a year and I will pay a zillion euros for it.
Ordered mine a week ago, delivery Q4 next year... Looks like tiny little Norway is quite a bit down the list too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Called my dealer today. They told me it seems BMW AG hasn't communicated the production slots yet, only rough estimates.
Real production slots are assigned by the end of November when actual production starts.

They are told to communicate July 2022 if you order an i4 today.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have ordered 2w ago and dealership said that they cannot tell the date because of the delays - they think it will be May 2022 with the delay included but they do not want to guess (that is probably that it is not popular in Poland while they still have some slots for the county) as they struggle currently with any order they did in last months

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put down my deposit on September 14th. here in Canada. Confirming my final design lock in November when they start building the cars. They were saying delivery should be in Feb-March 2022. We'll see..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered mine a week ago, delivery Q4 next year... Looks like tiny little Norway is quite a bit down the list too.
Interesting to see, how the big countries such as Germany and USA are getting their i4s. They have not even had the chance to make orders yet!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Interesting to see, how the big countries such as Germany and USA are getting their i4s. They have not even had the chance to make orders yet!
I have been trying to say the same on another post! I think people are getting mixed up with their place in line and the actual order, which probably wont happen until November if you are higher up in line...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been trying to say the same on another post! I think people are getting mixed up with their place in line and the actual order, which probably wont happen until November if you are higher up in line...
i belive you are mixing order and production start - i was told by my dealership that my order is placed and is pending a production slot date but it is a proper order placed not the pre reservation

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same here, they are awaiting the final production slot and date. Will be communicated by the end of Nov.

Wouldn´t be surprised the first estimated delivery date received will still shift for most people.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok must be different by Country. Here in Canada we put $1,500 CDN down just to get a place in the line sort of speak. We have not been able to officially order our cars yet, but we have our place in line, to place our orders officially. Sorry for all the confusion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok must be different by Country. Here in Canada we put $1,500 CDN down just to get a place in the line sort of speak. We have not been able to officially order our cars yet, but we have our place in line, to place our orders officially. Sorry for all the confusion

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh that one - we had 500PLN (~€110) to get this but it was only in June - July before real ordering was possible

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We did not have pre-orders in Finland. Just regular orders and no deposits. Just wondering why different regions have different ordering systems. And still, there is absolutely no idea of the yearly production rate of i4s.

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
178 Posts
We did not have pre-orders in Finland. Just regular orders and no deposits. Just wondering why different regions have different ordering systems. And still, there is absolutely no idea of the yearly production rate of i4s.
Same in Portugal. Dealer estimates 3 to 4 months from January, when first production slots will be available. Let's wait and see.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts