BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
i just put a deposit down for i4 40 and the sales advisor said a delivery maybe possible by end of the year if not early 2023. From reading this forum it seems highly unlikely. Anyone else getting this possible delivery within 5 months? Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
It largely depends on cancellations and how the dealership handles them.
So far, e40's have been getting delivered much faster than M50s, so there may not be as big a backlog as there was.

Reactions: WhiteCoatSpouse

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
Um. It's August?

6 months from now is February.

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
333 Posts
Hello!
i just put a deposit down for i4 40 and the sales advisor said a delivery maybe possible by end of the year if not early 2023. From reading this forum it seems highly unlikely. Anyone else getting this possible delivery within 5 months? Thanks
My dealer told me 4 months when I placed my order last December! I didn't believe him. And I was right not to.

Reactions: Dhdcf

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello!
Have you ever heard of a sales associate ever exaggerating the truth?… Always believe them…NOT lol The real answer is that the car should be delivered between now and sometime in 2023.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered the i4 in late June. The dealer told me most likely expect it sometime late 1st quarter of 2023 unless someone ahead of me in their list cancelled.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I ordered the i4 in late June. The dealer told me most likely expect it sometime late 1st quarter of 2023 unless someone ahead of me in their list cancelled.
That’s actually a reasonable response. But don’t listen to anyone who “promises“ delivery before year end.

I actually had a dealer tell me back in May that they are a new dealer and don’t have a lot of orders in so therefore my order in May would be guaranteed by September or October delivery. He then asked me promptly for a $5000 deposit which he said was “standard“. I thanked him and left the dealer without even helping myself to the free coffee. Wanted no part of them :)

rule of thumb is “use your judgment“ and often but not always the old adage of “too good to be true” is accurate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello!
Since they stripped all the useful options off the 2023 edrive40, they're going to be able to crank those out much more quickly than they were before. The chronically low-supply parts aren't being allocated for it, so there's no logistical holdup for someone to go through deleting those items from the orders.

It also causes some people to cancel edrive40 orders because the car at that price seems pretty pointless without modern tech options. This also helps speed up the pipeline.

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
333 Posts
Since they stripped all the useful options off the 2023 edrive40, they're going to be able to crank those out much more quickly than they were before. The chronically low-supply parts aren't being allocated for it, so there's no logistical holdup for someone to go through deleting those items from the orders.

It also causes some people to cancel edrive40 orders because the car at that price seems pretty pointless without modern tech options. This also helps speed up the pipeline.
Don’t you believe it. My eDrive 40 has just been 105ed.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

BMW is constrained on building all variants of i4.
Their recently released financial statements and production numbers indicate that in the first half of 2022 they were only able to deliver 9500 i4's Worldwide.

They may be ramping now, but the constraint is across all flavors of i4.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
5 Posts
BMW is constrained on building all variants of i4.
Their recently released financial statements and production numbers indicate that in the first half of 2022 they were only able to deliver 9500 i4's Worldwide.

They may be ramping now, but the constraint is across all flavors of i4.

Waiting for my M50......
Yep, I got a call from my local dealer yesterday to resubmit the edrive40 order I had put in months back, except now it would be without any of the stuff that would make it a useful modern vehicle. So I had him put it in as an M50 instead and drop to the back of that queue. It's a small problem in the global context, but pretty annoying they couldn't be bothered to plan adequately for such scenarios.

At this point I'm assuming I will have bought something else entirely by the time they get around to actually shipping it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Loooooooooooooooooooooool

1 - 19 of 19 Posts