BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when I log in to MyGarage on my PC, it shows my car status as “Quality Check” but on the My BMW app it shows my status as “Delivery Underway”

Which is it BMW?…😩

• Haha
Reactions: Elle BMW and ssh

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
what does it say now?

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
So, when I log in to MyGarage on my PC, it shows my car status as “Quality Check” but on the My BMW app it shows my status as “Delivery Underway”

Which is it BMW?…😩
how are you able to add a vehicle that you don't own yet to the My BMW app? when I try to add it, even though I know the VIN, it wants to make sure I have the vehicle in my possession.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts
how are you able to add a vehicle that you don't own yet to the My BMW app? when I try to add it, even though I know the VIN, it wants to make sure I have the vehicle in my possession.
You can say, "No" to that, skip the next screen, and add your VIN:

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Joint Fashion Sleeve Gesture Waist
Gesture Vehicle Font Happy Screenshot

·
Registered
2023(order), i4Edrive40, SanRemoGreen, CognacSensatec, 18"GunmetalGrey, Premium, HUD, LaserLight, HK
108 Posts
Got it. thanks!

You're right. On the My BMW app, it says Delivery Underway for my VIN. On the My Garage site, it says QC.
I got my VIN added to the app, but I cant find anywhere where it says the production status. It just shows a picture (rendering) of my car with the word "Active" at the upper right of the picture. In my case, on My Garage site, I'm already at Code 190 - Dispatched from Factory

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
I got my VIN added to the app, but I cant find anywhere where it says the production status. It just shows a picture (rendering) of my car with the word "Active" at the upper right of the picture. In my case, on My Garage site, I'm already at Code 190 - Dispatched from Factory
You won't see much of anything in the app. When I was near 190, they pulled the cover. About that time, I could also download the real Driver's Guide. I think that's about it until it gets close to the dealer when you may start to get GPS info.

• Helpful
Reactions: kevpuk

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it. thanks!

You're right. On the My BMW app, it says Delivery Underway for my VIN. On the My Garage site, it says QC.
Yep. Talk about mixed messages.

As I said many months ago, whomever runs the BMW Customer Communications department needs to fired. If you are a pessimist you should chose the QC status. If you are an optimist, you should chose the Delivery Underway status. But which is correct :mad:

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
Yep. Talk about mixed messages.

As I said many months ago, whomever runs the BMW Customer Communications department needs to fired. If you are a pessimist you should chose the QC status. If you are an optimist, you should chose the Delivery Underway status. But which is correct :mad:
"Delivery underway" seems to be what the app says once they start building it. They don't give the steps in the app.

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Delivery underway" seems to be what the app says once they start building it. They don't give the steps in the app.
Yeah but I don’t remember that status with our iX (your not favorite car :ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
Reactions: ssh

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
Yeah but I don’t remember that status with our iX (your not favorite car :ROFLMAO:)
That's 'cause the iX is so much better than the i4! ;)

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's 'cause the iX is so much better than the i4! ;)
I’m like you and I prefer sedan cars. They just overall handle better and you really feel you’re driving it. We love our iX though and it has kept us distracted about the i4 delay. If I only had one car though, it would be the iX not the i4. It can do so much more.

Reactions: i4m50Norway and ssh

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
I’m like you and I prefer sedan cars. They just overall handle better and you really feel you’re driving it. We love our iX though and it has kept us distracted about the i4 delay. If I only had one car though, it would be the iX not the i4. It can do so much more.
I get it. We're empty-nesters, though, and Terry has her CX-5 for the dogs when needed, so I get a nice smaller car for my needs. Never been a big vehicle guy, though:
1. 1976 Buick Skylark 2-door Landau
2. 1988 Acura Integra 5-door
3. 2007 Subaru Impreza 4-door
4. 2020 BMW 330i xDrive
5. 2023 BMW i4 M50

Terry on the other hand:
1. 1983 Mercury Lynx (! Before we met.)
2. 1996 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (AWD)
3. 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited (AWD)
4. 2020 Mazda CX-5

I drove a Chevy Trailblazer EXT for a while after my Subaru was totaled. HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! Her Mazda is nice, but don't like driving it.

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get it. We're empty-nesters, though, and Terry has her CX-5 for the dogs when needed, so I get a nice smaller car for my needs. Never been a big vehicle guy, though:
1. 1976 Buick Skylark 2-door Landau
2. 1988 Acura Integra 5-door
3. 2007 Subaru Impreza 4-door
4. 2020 BMW 330i xDrive
5. 2023 BMW i4 M50

Terry on the other hand:
1. 1983 Mercury Lynx (! Before we met.)
2. 1996 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (AWD)
3. 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited (AWD)
4. 2020 Mazda CX-5

I drove a Chevy Trailblazer EXT for a while after my Subaru was totaled. HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! Her Mazda is nice, but don't like driving it.
Yep, we’re empty nesters also. I really dislike the big SUV’s except for the Toyota Landcruiser I had for a year in Australia. That was fun to drive, especially in the outback.
We’ve had Highlanders, MDX and many X5’s and most recently the Cayenne. The iX drives better, faster, more economically, more technically advanced, safer and with the best HK sound system I’ve heard (better than my B&O in my previous M5). Honestly the best BMW I’ve owned was the 2013 328i xDrive my son drove with the Dinan kit. I preferred that to my 535 and E400 Merc. Not as comfortable but it handled better.

• Love
Reactions: ssh

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
I expect her next car to be an electric BMW SUV unless she balks.

Reactions: rjwc

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I expect her next car to be an electric BMW SUV unless she balks.
Everyone that drives our iX, including life long ice’rs, love driving it. Sadly, my son reversed at a toll on the NJ turnpike and it damaged the left rear bumper and light enclosure contained within. So, it’s currently off the road. 😩

·
Registered
BMW i4 M50
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Today, the app says "Nearly Yours", but My Garage is still in QC. I wonder what "Nearly Yours" means...
Yep, my app has also changed to “Nearly Yours” while My Garage on my PC still sits in QC. Maybe the next status will be “One day it will be yours” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MzTeaze and beegee
1 - 20 of 39 Posts