BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The car in the video is Skyscraper Grey. Brooklyn Grey is only for M-sport / M cars :)
Yes, I know! Since the guy at BMWblog made the "mistake" months ago in one of the first videos of i4.

But in ALL the "color" threads of i4talk the list of colours reads:
2022 BMW i4 Color Options

Frozen Portimao Blue Metallic
Alpine White
Black Sapphire Metallic
Mineral White Metallic
Sunset Orange Metallic
Portimao Blue Metallic
San Remo Green Metallic
Brooklyn Grey Metallic/Skyscraper Grey
Dravit Grey Metallic
Aventurin Red Metallic

...so I went with that!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks - lots of people were saying it was Brooklyn Grey, which didn't tally with other on line pics of that colour. It's a shame they don't offer Skyscraper grey on the M50, I really like it.

I have spoken to my lease company, and also BMW Sytner in Chigwell and they both tell the same story - at least 3 months for deivery, probably more. So yes, well in to 2022. I'll be extending my current Model 3 P lease for 6 months to account for this.
Here in Spain the first units are expected for March' 22.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
After watching Thomas' preview (Autogefuhl) he kind of confirms some of my "worries" about the i4:
(1) I read about the windscreen of i4 been double-glazed (acoustic glass) but not a single mention about the side windows front or back. Not even acoustic glass for the front windows as an option.
(3) iDrive 8 doesn't seem to have any new functionality over the iDrive 7. I mean nothing useful or significant. But obviously they could add things later on.
About the rear seats.
On top, the guy is rather tall so the image is kind of funny! Like an adult seating in a playground with furniture made for kids!
My mind has not change obviously about the car, but it makes you "wish" things to be more thoughtful.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just some counter thoughts:

(1) I read about the windscreen of i4 been double-glazed (acoustic glass) but not a single mention about the side windows front or back. Not even acoustic glass for the front windows as an option.
I did not opt for the acoustic side windows on my 3 series. Still my car is very silent, even at high speeds. No complaints what so ever. And many journalist who drove the pre-production i4's commented that it was very silent. I remember one that talked about "Rolls Royce like quiet" in the interior. You (we) should be fine!
(3) iDrive 8 doesn't seem to have any new functionality over the iDrive 7. I mean nothing useful or significant. But obviously they could add things later on.
Maybe but I think it looks great. And you will at least have all the EV-related functionality to play around with. Don't forget that iDrive7 is already very good, and no doubt iDrive8 will be updated in the nearby future. I also like the functionality of Apple Carplay. It is getting better and better and will integrate more seamlessly with the iDrive system. I just hope they will really improve the BMW iPhone app.
Like an adult seating in a playground with furniture made for kids!
You're kind of right. I'm happy I don't have kids like that. But the rear space is still sort of sufficient for most people. And do not forget that you yourself have chosen to drive a Coupe. So if anyone gets to complain it's your kids, not you!

Reactions: rangerek

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just some counter thoughts:

I did not opt for the acoustic side windows on my 3 series. Still my car is very silent, even at high speeds. No complaints what so ever. And many journalist who drove the pre-production i4's commented that it was very silent. I remember one that talked about "Rolls Royce like quiet" in the interior. You (we) should be fine!

Maybe but I think it looks great. And you will at least have all the EV-related functionality to play around with. Don't forget that iDrive7 is already very good, and no doubt iDrive8 will be updated in the nearby future. I also like the functionality of Apple Carplay. It is getting better and better and will integrate more seamlessly with the iDrive system. I just hope they will really improve the BMW iPhone app.

You're kind of right. I'm happy I don't have kids like that. But the rear space is still sort of sufficient for most people. And do not forget that you yourself have chosen to drive a Coupe. So if anyone gets to complain it's your kids, not you!
I agree with all your points Hans!
And I'm pretty sure that the i4 will have a super-silent cabin. I was thinking about the so called acoustic glass because of iX3 configurator which praises (as a significant difference between the 2 trims inspiring/impressive) the feature as indispensable for music listening and hands-free calls.

Some other points of Autogefuhl that I forgot to mention was (1) the "comfort" of the front seats, which didn't impress him and (2) something that I noticed too from yesterday's released french videos, (that the reviewers didn't mention), but Thomas did, was the closing sound of the doors, which was somehow "dry" and "stiff" (partially because of the frameless doors).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Some other points of Autogefuhl that I forgot to mention was (1) the "comfort" of the front seats, which didn't impress him and (2) something that I noticed too from yesterday's released french videos, (that the reviewers didn't mention), but Thomas did, was the closing sound of the doors, which was somehow "dry" and "stiff" (partially because of the frameless doors).
I noticed his remarks on the closing sound too. Remarkable as Thomas was very positive on the closing sound of the 4 Coupe.
As for the seats, they are the same as in many other BMW's right? No complaints about the sport seats in my 3 Series. I have ordered the M Seats now however. Mainly because they are beautiful. When trying them in the showroom I did not notice a lot of difference with the normal sport seats.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I always enjoyed how Mercedes and BMW doors sounded when you closed them. Like a bank vault! Annoying if it will feel like a Toyota.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I am now watching Autogefuhl's preview of the iX and Thomas said about the closing sound (at around 5:00) that is extremely cheap!!!

·
Registered
Bmw 640d M coupe ‘11, Bmw X3 2.0d xdrive M ‘19
56 Posts
a couple of obervations from this video
Interiour BMW i4 M50 M Performance car top speed 225 km/h - YouTube

1) it seems that the "Adaptive mode" button is missing. Could it be because the car is off and is not lit? The Auto H button is also not lit...
From the video:
Vehicle Blue Car Speedometer Automotive lighting

From the i4 m50 configurator we can see the adaptive button...:
Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Automotive design Center console Electric blue

2) it seems that in the dark the front vents regulators are illuminted, which is nice.
Plant Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Blue

Wheel Plant Blue Vehicle Car

·
Registered
180 Posts
The adaptive button is only available when the car is equiped with adaptive suspension. So the car in the video is probably an eDrive40.

·
Registered
6 Posts
But in ALL the "color" threads of i4talk the list of colours reads:
2022 BMW i4 Color Options

Frozen Portimao Blue Metallic
Alpine White
Black Sapphire Metallic
Mineral White Metallic
Sunset Orange Metallic
Portimao Blue Metallic
San Remo Green Metallic
Brooklyn Grey Metallic/Skyscraper Grey
Dravit Grey Metallic
Aventurin Red Metallic

...so I went with that!
And the list is missing Tanzanite Blue II metallic … My current choice 😀

·
Registered
56 Posts
The car in the video has the M side mirrors, so it should be a M50.
Yea it has the m mirrors, the m badge in the front and the red/blue stitching in the steering wheel, so definitely an m50.
Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Circuit component Gas Cable

Plant Automotive lighting Blue Azure Purple

Vertebrate Font Display device Event Auto part

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another video also from the same m50 that shows in daylight that there is no adaptive button.

Gear shift Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Helmet Motor vehicle

·
Registered
56 Posts
And yet another. Here in 3:47 he talks about driving modes and doesn’t mention adaptive. Again the car is not on.. would it lit a the button when it’s on? Or would the adaptive setting be configured in id8 for each of the 3 modes?

Gesture Bumper Hood Finger Communication Device

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Combination of a video about the i4 and FFP2 masks.
And you know the reviewer doesn't know jack s--t when he says things for the i4 like:
《...this is one of the benefits of the electric car that the space inside the vehicle not just the rear but also the front can be used quite well..》
But he says he drove the M50, so...

21 - 40 of 51 Posts