Registered
112 Posts
Reactions: J78

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
178 Posts
i believe only in ambient package
It’s indeed a possibility. I remember in my ‘12 Vw Passat that the vents iluminariam was only available with ambient light in the doors. Nonetheless on the German site there is no mention to it in the ambient light optional, so let’s see. I really like the ambient lights and is something I would spec anyway (it’s standard on the m50)

The ambient light creates a relaxing, cozy lighting atmosphere in the interior, especially when it is dark. The equipment in LED technology includes an incident light for indirect lighting of the center console (waterfall lighting), the lighting of the instrument panel on the passenger side, the door pockets and the shelf in the center stack. There are also ambient lights in the front and rear footwells, in the area of the door mirrors and contour lighting in the door panels.
The ambient interior lighting can be matched to personal taste in terms of color, brightness and light design. Various colors are available for this, which can be selected in various combinations. In addition, the contour light has a dynamic function in four applications (welcome, goodbye, open door and telephone call).
Finally, the Welcome Light Carpet projects an ambient light graphic in front of the vehicle doors and creates an atmospheric welcome atmosphere when getting in and out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yes and right is lowering when parking :)
You must have the internal and external mirror package - standard in some versions / countries. They fold electrically when opening/ closing car, Right mirror lowers on reverse parking, have memory (if equipped with memory seats), left mirror dimms at night. With 360 parking assistant plus they also have side cameras below.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
yes and right is lowering when parking :)
You must have the internal and external mirror package - standard in some versions / countries. They fold electrically when opening/ closing car, Right mirror lowers on reverse parking, have memory (if equipped with memory seats), left mirror dimms at night. With 360 parking assistant plus they also have side cameras below.
I am a little surprised that I didn't find any mention of it. :unsure:
Yet they do have in the list of equipment the Red Triangle and the First Aid Kit !

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am a little surprised that I didn't find any mention of it. :unsure:
Yet they do have in the list of equipment the Red Triangle and the First Aid Kit !
try to look for this icon in the configurator on the optional equipment. Here's the uk example:
Rectangle Font Circle Art Magenta

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive mirror Output device Automotive design

it should be this on Greek site ;)
Rectangle Font Circle Pattern Paper product

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
try to look for this icon in the configurator on the optional equipment. Here's the uk example:
View attachment 1531

View attachment 1532

it should be this on Greek site ;)
View attachment 1533
Surprising enough the Greek translation omits the word "folding". It just mentions the auto-dimming!:unsure:
That's what's missing in your snapshot.
Thanks Jcm78 I will look more into that.
I doubt that you can buy a car like that especially with the side cameras on the mirrors without having them automatically folding!

(EDIT) Yes, I found it in the small prints. Autofolding with memory.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ambient effect - unfortunately vents and buttons in this “orangish standard BMW color” (I’m used to white in Volvo and this orange looks like my previous Opel 😂)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ambient effect - unfortunately vents and buttons in this “orangish standard BMW color” (I’m used to white in Volvo and this orange looks like my previous Opel 😂)
Audi also evolved from red to white. In Bmw you can only customize the doors are dash light strips.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Tomorrow a (small I think) exhibition about EVs (called Mobility 2021) starts in my city.
I don't think that the i4 will be there (maybe the ix3) but who knows!!
They say that there will be test drives too.
I will go with a fully charged phone to take pictures and videos.

Next month there will be a large exhibition and I'm pretty sure that the i4 and iX will be there to see and play with them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Guys the BMW didn't have a kiosk at the exhibition at all (as I suspected) but in a couple weeks there will be another really big EV exhibition where I am pretty sure i4 will be present. Mercedes was there with a GLE (hybrid) and the EQA, Tesla and some other brands but not BMW and Audi.

However, I think I got the best out of this (small) exhibition, with highlight a more than an hour test drive of a Jaguar i-Pace 400.
Overall a great car. It is wide (Width 2011 mm and with mirrors 2139 mm) but even in some of the narrower streets of Athens, I couldn't care less. I drove it like it was mine for years.
The acceleration 0-100 in 4,8 was impressive enough, (I floor it multiple times) and now it make me want to order the M50 instead of the e40!! :cool:
But I want range so...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Guys the BMW didn't have a kiosk at the exhibition at all (as I suspected) but in a couple weeks there will be another really big EV exhibition where I am pretty sure i4 will be present. Mercedes was there with a GLE (hybrid) and the EQA, Tesla and some other brands but not BMW and Audi.

However, I think I got the best out of this (small) exhibition, with highlight a more than an hour test drive of a Jaguar i-Pace 400.
Overall a great car. It is wide (Width 2011 mm and with mirrors 2139 mm) but even in some of the narrower streets of Athens, I couldn't care less. I drove it like it was mine for years.
The acceleration 0-100 in 4,8 was impressive enough, (I floor it multiple times) and now it make me want to order the M50 instead of the e40!! :cool:
But I want range so...
Jaguar has very good looking cars, the iPace not being one of them. What are you driving anyway? A dwarf suv that got hammered in the top? A fat and tall small hatchback? it kind of reminds me the concept of the original Mercedes A class or Audi A2 - proportions are just off. I think this car can only sell heavily discounted and this could be a problem later reselling it. At least in Europe (maybe for Asia the design is ok as are the new mb eqs/eqe :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Oh no! :mad:
The big exhibition at the airport of Athens just cancelled.

The site is still on: https://www.autokinisiexpo.gr/en/

It is surprising because they would had 200 exhibitors and many big sponsors.
They didn't specify the exact why. Just "the conditions" what ever that means.

So, I won't be seeing/driving the i4 at the end of next month.
Only when it reaches the dealers...:(

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
About the cancellation of the big EV exhibition, I'm reading that it has something to do with the market and the "lack of semiconductors".
So, they say is a global thing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
After I decided to ditch the "assisted view" from my configuration, I re-examine every option. so...

M adaptive suspension
Most of you guys you will get the M50 which has it as standard, but some of us will get the e40 for which is an extra. Not an expensive one (635€) so the questions are for its functionality.

• M adaptive suspension, makes the car shorter with less ground clearance at least 1 cm. It's evident even in the configurator. Is this something permanent OR it lowers in Sport mode and becomes higher in Comfort mode?
  • The standard suspension where it stands in the "spectrum" of the M adaptive suspension. Does it have the "same comfort" as the M- in Comfort mode or it stands between M-Comfort and M-Sport?
(I found a possible answer that I will share, but I want your thoughts and knowledge and experience).

·
Registered
178 Posts
After I decided to ditch the "assisted view" from my configuration, I re-examine every option. so...

M adaptive suspension
Most of you guys you will get the M50 which has it as standard, but some of us will get the e40 for which is an extra. Not an expensive one (635€) so the questions are for its functionality.

• M adaptive suspension, makes the car shorter with less ground clearance at least 1 cm. It's evident even in the configurator. Is this something permanent OR it lowers in Sport mode and becomes higher in Comfort mode?
  • The standard suspension where it stands in the "spectrum" of the M adaptive suspension. Does it have the "same comfort" as the M- in Comfort mode or it stands between M-Comfort and M-Sport?
(I found a possible answer that I will share, but I want your thoughts and knowledge and experience).
as the car doesn’t have air suspension in the front (only in rear) it shouldn’t lower/raise by drive mode. Only rear suspension would adjust dependent on weight to level the car.

The adaptive suspension on i40 adds at least 18” wheels. I’m not sure if you don’t choose the m pack if the adaptive suspension is the same as in the m pack.

I have 20” with adaptive suspension on a 6 series f13 m pack that is harder (even in comfort+ mode) than the 20” with m suspension in a x3 g01 m pack. But the x3 has taller tyres and different suspension / ground clearance, so it should be why is more comfortable.

the 6 series in sport mode in highway is very hard and you feel all bumps. I have the sport mode customized for suspension comfort and engine and transmission sport.

This doesn’t answer your question but it’s my personal view based on the cars I had. In doubt, for better comfort I would keep the 17” with normal suspension (only in e40) or 18” with adaptive suspension (my choice for the m50).

·
Registered
178 Posts
the x3 has taller tyres and different suspension / ground clearance, so it should be why is more comfortable.
I was checking in my garage and this is the tyre specs I have

6series
rear 275/30 r20 Dunlop sp sport maxx gt
front 245/35 r20 Bridgestone potenza re 050a
(Note already bought it with this combination, I never mix tyre types when purchasing myself)

X3
Rear 275/40 r20 Michelin latitude sport 3
Front 245/45 r20 Michelin latitude sport 3

so the x3 has 1cm more (+33%) of height of rubber, so that alone should have justify more comfort. Michelin on my experience tend to be more on comfort side. Also the x3 setup, even in M suspension, should be softer than the 6 series coupe (at least one hopes so:))

I test drove for a couple of days an Audi Etron Sportback 55 Sline with 20” and Air Suspension in the exact same roads and it’s night and day, much more softer than any of these two BMW setup I have. However their specs are 255/50 r20 on both wheels, so even more rubber than the x3

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I found many recent (2020) comments about the M adaptive suspension (for 3/4 series) but basically they compared to the M sport non-adaptive.
Finally someone wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis93 View Post
Is there significant difference between m-adaptive in comfort mode and basic suspension (luxury line)? Has anyone tried both?
Answer:
The basic suspension is softer than the M Adaptive suspension even in comfort.

So, maybe if someone goes for the e40-M, where he has the choice of adaptive or not, and cares about comfort and ground clearance, it's better to skip it...

41 - 60 of 97 Posts