BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
It makes sense as it should be a sporty setting adjustment. In German catalogue it mentions that (google translate). As the adaptive suspension is an option on both m and non m modes on the e40 it’s not clear if the tighter spring also applies to the m suspension or just base suspensionI found many recent (2020) comments about the M adaptive suspension (for 3/4 series) but basically they compared to the M sport non-adaptive.
Finally someone wrote:
Originally Posted by Denis93 View Post
Is there significant difference between m-adaptive in comfort mode and basic suspension (luxury line)? Has anyone tried both?
The basic suspension is softer than the M Adaptive suspension even in comfort.
So, maybe if someone goes for the e40-M, where he has the choice of adaptive or not, and cares about comfort and ground clearance, it's better to skip it...
Adaptive M suspension
- Electronically controlled dampers for each individual wheel
- tighter spring / damper design
- increased sportiness while maintaining a high level of comfort
- Change of the setting depending on the setting of the Driving Experience Control - Extension of the Driving Experience Control to include the adaptive mode
- including variable sports steering and Servotronic
Only in connection with
18 "light alloy wheels double spoke 853 bicolor
18 "aerodynamic wheels 854 Multicolor with mixed tires
18 "M aerodynamic wheels 858 M Bicolor
19 "aerodynamic wheels 855 bicolor with mixed tires
19 "M aerodynamic wheels 860 M Bicolor with mixed tires
19 "M light alloy wheels Y-spoke style 859 M bi-color with mixed tires or sports tires
20" BMW Individual aerodynamic wheels 862 I bi-color with mixed tires