BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I always enjoyed how Mercedes and BMW doors sounded when you closed them. Like a bank vault! Annoying if it will feel like a Toyota.
I was always mystified why Toyota never paid attention to this and one of the reason Toyota has been a turn off for me. It seems like a trivial thing but the Toyota "ting" when you close the door doesn't instill confidence....ironic because they're one of the longest lasting cars on the road.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Found this while checking Instagram. Curious to see what they have been filming for bmw.com

In one of the stories they included a tesla next to the i4. And in some stories they had Charlie Martin driving the i4 around the track.

Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
BMW iX: Driver Assistant Professional real-life test on highway and country roads

Looks interesting.
At 2:00 seems to have lost control.

Also remember that the i4 doesn't seem to have Augmented Reality (we don't know for sure but never saw it)

I wonder if you can put something on the steering wheel to fool it that there is a hand holding it.
edit: There is for Tesla.
and maybe illegal

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
40 Posts
I'm thinking a mini vibrating pad attached to the wheel that vibrates every 10 seconds for 1 second.
Lol
BMW iX: Driver Assistant Professional real-life test on highway and country roads

Looks interesting.
At 2:00 seems to have lost control.

Also remember that the i4 doesn't seem to have Augmented Reality (we don't know for sure but never saw it)

I wonder if you can put something on the steering wheel to fool it that there is a hand holding it.
edit: There is for Tesla.
and maybe illegal

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just jam an orange in the steeringwheel and you can sleep comfortably behind the wheel /s
That's what they did with Teasla's in the early days

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
In another thread (i think it was about what we will miss from our old cars) I wrote in a word "Privacy".

Meanwhile China (who?) takes serious measures about that:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Just noticed a small increase of the price of all the configurations I have bookmarked.
(I'm bookmarking possible configurations and name them like "Διαμόρφωση i4 eDrive40 BLACK M Sport Brown Leather 67.415"
Nothing extraordinary but it is there. :(

For example the aforementioned configuration went to 67.546 ! i.e +131€
I don't think it's just the "base price" because the difference varies between 60 to 200 euros in 7-8 possible e40 configurations.

Yeah, it's pennies but might be tell us something until we actually pay for the car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
@Lord - i don’t think you are right - when you order for price X you pay price X not the current price
It’s for the next orders that matters

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
i don’t think you are right - when you order for price X you pay price X not the current price
It’s for the next orders that matters
Haven't place my order yet.
But I clearly remember when I ordered my CLK (I think I mentioned it in another post) paying 1.500€, a few months later my dealer called me that the base price changed from 45.800 to 46.600 and I had to cover it.
Maybe it's a matter of supply and demand, does it only affect electronic stuffs or also other options?
I wasn't sure if its because of the extras but probably is. Because it's not the same amount across the different configurations.

In any case is still very small difference but now I'm more "cautious" on the subject.

·
Registered
112 Posts
base price changed from 45.800 to 46.600 and I had to cover it.
Not sure about Greek laws but in Poland it’s unacceptable and our antitrust and customer protection governmental institutions would kick this dealer’s ass

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Not sure about Greek laws but in Poland it’s unacceptable and our antitrust and customer protection governmental institutions would kick this dealer’s ass
I will have that in mind.
It's European union I guess, so must be the same.

P.S. oh I heard that Poland might exit the EU. I hope not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
in any case, it's nice to see that Germany can unite Greeks and Poles around it, at least on a car forum ;)
We cannot forget about Robert Schumann’s input ;) and even though he was born in Luxembourg I believe he was a Frenchman

81 - 97 of 97 Posts