BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
36 Posts
4 seems pretty great!

Thanks for asking... countdown is reaching a crescendo... We will be at the Performance Center on Monday! After pickup, I'll drive it all of 12 miles to the PPF place and leave it until Friday (I expect to shed a tear or two during drop-off!). Friday we start our 1,500 mile journey home after stopping at Discount Tire for certificates.
Super! I did the Discount tire certificates also on my Pirelli P Zero All Season tires that came with the i4 M50. Have fun! It is a great car!

· Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,813 Posts
Man! I want to see that code! That's nuts!

Reactions: M3HNGRY

· Registered
102 Posts
With the recommended 80% State of Charge what is your range? I am at 201 miles with the edrive40 with 19's, B mode in Eco Pro mode.

V/R
my typical range says 190-200 at 80%. My lifetime number is 3.3 mi/kwh. But that is almost all city driving, short distances.
Today I am going on a trip 80+ miles each way, am a little nervous but interested to see the range.

Reactions: ssh

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
my typical range says 190-200 at 80%. My lifetime number is 3.3 mi/kwh. But that is almost all city driving, short distances.
Today I am going on a trip 80+ miles each way, am a little nervous but interested to see the range.
Temps and speed will be your two primary variables. Are you displaying consumption to see how it's impacted?

· Registered
102 Posts
Temps and speed will be your two primary variables. Are you displaying consumption to see how it's impacted?
I always have consumption in the instrument panel. I can rarely get it above average 3.3 on my daily commute.

· Registered
102 Posts
I always have consumption in the instrument panel. I can rarely get it above average 3.3 on my daily commute.
on the trip here, temp in the low 70s, got 3.5. Frankly I don’t understand how anyone is getting over 3.5 on a consistent basis.

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,587 Posts
on the trip here, temp in the low 70s, got 3.5. Frankly I don’t understand how anyone is getting over 3.5 on a consistent basis.
I'm not sure why you're not getting better range either. Before the temps dropped (it was the 70's) I was getting 4.1 miles per kWh. Now with temps in the 30's its getting 3.5 Are you driving in Sport Mode a lot? I'm mostly in Comfort Mode, and just recently dropped it down to Eco Mode to see if it makes any difference.

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
I'm not sure why you're not getting better range either. Before the temps dropped (it was the 70's) I was getting 4.1 miles per kWh. Now with temps in the 30's its getting 3.5 Are you driving in Sport Mode a lot? I'm mostly in Comfort Mode, and just recently dropped it down to Eco Mode to see if it makes any difference.
When I was driving in 75mph speed zones in Eco Pro, I noticed that the GOM would decrease my range by <5 miles when I shifted to Comfort. But, I left it in Eco Pro for the climate control efficiencies.

Reactions: Magicrat

· Registered
102 Posts
I am nearly always in eco pro. I am beginning to wonder if there is a setting I need to adjust or if there is a problem with my car

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,587 Posts
When I was driving in 75mph speed zones in Eco Pro, I noticed that the GOM would decrease my range by <5 miles when I shifted to Comfort. But, I left it in Eco Pro for the climate control efficiencies.
@ssh I saw that too and it confuses me..........GOM goes a bit down on Eco Mode. I guess it uses a slightly different calculation versus Comfort Mode. I guess in the long run the more efficient climate control will make for better range.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
I am nearly always in eco pro. I am beginning to wonder if there is a setting I need to adjust or if there is a problem with my car
I looked at your configuration and it seems you have a M-Sport edition of the eDrive40, which most likely means you have 19" or maybe 20" wheels which will effect your range. I have the Non-Sport eDrive40 with 18" wheels which give the best range for this vehicle. Also, but I'm not sure the M-Sport might be heavier and that can affect range too.

Reactions: Filiiony

· Registered
102 Posts
I looked at your configuration and it seems you have a M-Sport edition of the eDrive40, which most likely means you have 19" or maybe 20" wheels which will effect your range. I have the Non-Sport eDrive40 with 18" wheels which give the best range for this vehicle. Also, but I'm not sure the M-Sport might be heavier and that can affect range too.
I have 19” wheels. My total for the day after 160 miles of driving, my longest trip by far, was 3.5 mi/kwh. That is probably the best my car can do, unless I am missing something.

Reactions: Magicrat and Shahev

· Registered
1,587 Posts
I have 19” wheels. My total for the day after 160 miles of driving, my longest trip by far, was 3.5 mi/kwh. That is probably the best my car can do, unless I am missing something.
I think you might be right. Let's see what others are getting, but the 19" wheels do effect your range.

· Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - Delivery next week?
1,356 Posts
i4 40 M-Sport :
  • Rear spoiler ? on the i4M50 it takes 3? km from the range.
  • Dynamic Dampening ? It must take the energy from somewhere. reduced range ?

· Registered
102 Posts
I think you might be right. Let's see what others are getting, but the 19" wheels do effect your range.
well I just came back from a 40 mile trip each way. I don’t know why or how, but I got 3.9 mi/kWh, after always before being in the 3.3-3.5 range. I was pretty excited.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
well I just came back from a 40 mile trip each way. I don’t know why or how, but I got 3.9 mi/kWh, after always before being in the 3.3-3.5 range. I was pretty excited.
That's much better!!! It could be so many things changing the mi/kWh.........wind, cold or heat, regend due to elevation change, phase of the moon, etc :p

Reactions: Jumptheshark

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
Speed, too!

· Registered
16 Posts
I charged mine to 90% last night, and it's sitting at 90% with 178 miles range. So by that calc, my max at the moment is 197 miles.
In the UK, the WLTP range for the 19" wheels is around 320 to 340 miles. So I reckoned that driving "normally" and not hypermiling, I would get around the 300 mark.

197 is nowhere bloody near that!!

When I got the car brand new, it already had 36 miles on it. The dealer had charged it to 100%, and at that, it had about 225 miles.

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
I charged mine to 90% last night, and it's sitting at 90% with 178 miles range. So by that calc, my max at the moment is 197 miles.
In the UK, the WLTP range for the 19" wheels is around 320 to 340 miles. So I reckoned that driving "normally" and not hypermiling, I would get around the 300 mark.

197 is nowhere bloody near that!!

When I got the car brand new, it already had 36 miles on it. The dealer had charged it to 100%, and at that, it had about 225 miles.
What is your mi/kWh since factory? This is the important number. Multiply it by 80 to get your real anticipated 100% range. Ignore the GOM.

Reactions: niam and Magicrat
81 - 100 of 124 Posts