BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
If they are capacity constrained, then the 3nseies coming to the US will no longer be built there and they recover that capacity.

3 series LCI for the US and possibly Canada will be exclusively built in Mexico alongside the upcoming M2.

BMW is very tight lipped about the delivery delay.

At this point it just doesn't matter anymore. I requested my CA request individual tartufo leather. If it adds delay, I don't care. It's 14 months and I don't even know when they are building it. I don't trust anything they say.

Waiting for my M50......

• Sad
Reactions: dudenjen and ssh

·
Registered
20 Posts
… could be that the delivery time of i4 will not improve until the iX1 (Regensburg Factory,Launch Norway June 2022, Germany November 2022) starts replacing new orders from i4 (Munich Factory) - I think this has already started in Norway
if Europe is like Australia in being crazy-keen on SUVs then that might well help - good theory. On the other hand, the i4 being one of the few EVs that isn’t an SUV still puts it on the desirable list for people like me who don’t want an SUV.

I actually would love an EV estate/combo/wagon but the closest is the Enyaq, and Skoda still haven’t even launched it let alone taken orders for it in Australia.

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
936 Posts
if Europe is like Australia in being crazy-keen on SUVs then that might well help - good theory. On the other hand, the i4 being one of the few EVs that isn’t an SUV still puts it on the desirable list for people like me who don’t want an SUV.

I actually would love an EV estate/combo/wagon but the closest is the Enyaq, and Skoda still haven’t even launched it let alone taken orders for it in Australia.
The Enyaq with dynamic suspension is one of the most impressive cars I have driven. Unfortunately the Eniaq has an even longer delivery time in Norway than the i4 (two years).

I suspect that a lot of the people in Norway that has ordered the i4M50 will be a little bit disapointed with its abiliity to drive in deep snow. I think the Eniaq and the iX1 might be a better car for many of them. If I was to replace my i3 it would have been with a Eniaq or iX1 (iX1 has a little bit short range).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
Update: my dealer got an allocation of 2 for this month, so that moves me to 4 in the order bank. They’re expecting a larger allocation for next month and they say that will likely mean October delivery. I don’t get it. Assuming they’re right about the “larger allocation” (no idea how they would know that) could I really go from order accepted to delivery in about 30-45 days? Is that actually possible? At this point it seems like they’re just lying to me and I don’t really understand why. I’d rather they just tell me the truth

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
Update: my dealer got an allocation of 2 for this month, so that moves me to 4 in the order bank. They’re expecting a larger allocation for next month and they say that will likely mean October delivery. I don’t get it. Could I really go from order accepted to delivery in about 30-45 days? Is that actually possible? At this point it seems like they’re just lying to me and I don’t really understand why. I’d rather they just tell me the truth
Literally anything is possible.

Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
936 Posts
Production capacity is 300 - 450 i4/day.
Total delivery is 10000 - that is only a few days days production.

If/when BMW manages to get production level up - deliveries could happen soon - we will know in a few Months.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts