BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

· Registered
i4 M50 19" 861 M Brooklyn Grey
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I regurlary check my vin for recalls and Today I stumbled on the above one ..

It has an inidication beside it : contact customer

Translated to English :

Check electric drive unit and replace if necessary
Mod: changed title to translation

Emailed my dealer and said not to worry . they will contact me always if needed

Did not get more info

Anyone else?

· Registered
1,031 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be but my car is 8 months old. they mailed me Today and I have an appointment on 03/01/2023 ( January ) . 1 day to check it. if it needs to be replaced, I need another appointment and then the car will be there for a few days :-(

· Registered
BMW I4 M50 - Brooklyn Grey, Tech Pack + M Sports Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Calipers.
331 Posts
Has anyone had an update on this issue?

My car has a delivery stop and is on hold due to Electric Drive Unit and they wont give me a timescale on when it will be resolved!

· Registered
BMW I4 M50 - Brooklyn Grey, Tech Pack + M Sports Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Calipers.
331 Posts
yes dealer called me Today. They need to replace some parts. Are being ordered now. I have a 218i as a replacement car , but Tomorrow i'll get a brand new 420i
did they say how long it would take? I haven't actually received my car, its in the UK thought! They have given me a BMW 220D in the meantime!

· Registered
331 Posts
Yes a couple of days less than a week normally. The ix3 has the same issue. And not all m50's are impacted.
fingers crossed mine is sorted next week! really want delivery before Christmas! it is the same issue Electric Drive Unit? Have you recieved your car, when was it built?

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes and no
Got my car back Yesterday and they were able to run the software to check the units. And all ok
But theb they told me oh there is another recall listed since Today with a delivery stop. I took my car home and .. made a new appointment the 17th of January. I don't see this recall yet with my vin

· Registered
32 Posts
I regurlary check my vin for recalls and Today I stumbled on the above one ..

It has an inidication beside it : contact customer

Translated to English :

Check electric drive unit and replace if necessary
Mod: changed title to translation

Emailed my dealer and said not to worry . they will contact me always if needed

Did not get more info

Anyone else?
Just checked mine and it seems (0061400700) that I am also impacted (i4 40edrive). So far no call from the dealer yet.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts