Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Obviously, do it!

Votes: 23 74.2%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little crazy and I'm going for Frozen Portimao Blue with Tecora Red seats (known as the "superman look") and wondering if it'll be hideous or look kinda unique...but I also will have tinted windows so who cares! Plus I plan on getting a wrap a few years later, as the matte colors tend to fade and get ruined quick.

Anyways, anyone have any live pictures of the Tecora Red interior or know if it's nice on the i4?

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
Well, usually when people see your car passing, they don't see what color the seats are. It's only when the car is parked and people peep through the windows, only then they will see the Tacora Red interior.
And for yourself, well, there are only a few moments you see both. One of them is when you're tall enough and you see the hood of the car at the same time as the inside panels of the doors.
You will also see both colors when you open de door. Then you can see the chassis and the seats and door panels at the same time.
But you have to choose what you like. If you like the combination Portimao Blue + Tacora Red, go for it.
Personally, I don't like either one, but hey, who am I to argue with about colors and taste? ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was going for a red interior, as I also like it a lot.
But my significant other talked me away from it, with "it's those things that you like for the first month, and then it begins to be just very very red".

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was going for a red interior, as I also like it a lot.
But my significant other talked me away from it, with "it's those things that you like for the first month, and then it begins to be just very very red".
I never took something else but black as interior color because if it rains my jeans will leave some color on the seats 😳

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think the Tacora Red seats are awesome, and I fully support! I thought they would look great with my Tanzanite Blue choice, but that was 1b to my wife's choice of Oyster as 1a.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Visually I love the red seats. However, psychologically color affects mood.
Red is considered to promote aggression.
So do you really want to be surrounded by the color of aggression while driving?
If you do, then I recommend you go all the way with the
BMW Individual extended leather trim 'Merino' Fiona Red/Black | Black

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also ordered in blue exterior red interior.

It's too late for me to change the colors so who cares is my saying just enjoy it :)

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
It's too late for me to change the colors so who cares is my saying just enjoy it :)
In one of the posts here, you could see the building codes for your car. If I remember well, as long as your car still does not have "150" as its code, you can still change options/colors...
Wish I could find the table....(help?)

UPDATE: found the table (posted by @Sesh Kami )
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
92 Posts
In one of the posts here, you could see the building codes for your car. If I remember well, as long as your car still does not have "150" as its code, you can still change options/colors...
Wish I could find the table....(help?)

UPDATE: found the table (posted by @Sesh Kami )
View attachment 4383
Good to know but I still don't wanna risk it because who knows what errors dealerships will do on accident. Plus I can't decide on any other color. Cognac would be nice but I don't like how it makes the dashboard also cognac. If it kept the dash black then I'd change it to cognac.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a little crazy and I'm going for Frozen Portimao Blue with Tecora Red seats (known as the "superman look") and wondering if it'll be hideous or look kinda unique...but I also will have tinted windows so who cares! Plus I plan on getting a wrap a few years later, as the matte colors tend to fade and get ruined quick.

Anyways, anyone have any live pictures of the Tecora Red interior or know if it's nice on the i4?
I think it will look awesome. I originally configured the same colour scheme, but changed to Dravit grey metallic with tacora red leather.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my wife chose Dravit grey with the red guts... NO REGRETS!
looks amazing...
also red calipers.

i'm going dravit grey with mocha interior, however i LOVE the red...just want to be a little diff than my wife's car. However Dravit is so amazing looking....
i've been tempted to go frozen portimao blue...but the maintenance is stupid... not interested...

i'm wrapping my dravit grey M50 with xpel stealth. So will be very unique.

frozen dravit :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think the Tacora Red seats are awesome, and I fully support! I thought they would look great with my Tanzanite Blue choice, but that was 1b to my wife's choice of Oyster as 1a.
I'm getting Tanzanine as well. Started out with the Beige, then thought about the congnac, went back to beige. I then saw someone post a pic of Tanzanite with red seats, my first though was that it looked odd. Then I looked again and liked it. Liked it enough to see what the wife thought, she liked them too but said get whatever as it is my car. I followed up by going to the dealership to make sure I would be good with sensatac and while I was there looked at a black BMW with red seats. So Tanzanite and Red Sensatc seats it is.

·
Registered
2019 BMW M4cs
118 Posts
fwiw, tacora pictures brighter than it is in person. It's a brick-like red, so to me it would depend on the exterior color.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Red and blue? Heh. Why not orange and purple?
I feel bad for my red and blue choice now. I just texted my dealer to see if i can change to black or cognac. But between those 2 idk which is better. Black seems more sportier

1 - 20 of 39 Posts