BMW i4 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of this redesigned i4 from The Sketch Monkey? The color matching grille is an interesting choice but if you're keeping the grille the same size i'd rather have it in black than white in this example.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the redesign makes it look too much like a Mustang Mach-E.

I'm not a fan of the "because its EV, we cannot have black "grille" mentality lots of people have. (Actually the i4 and ix doesn't have a grille, its a black plastic plate with a texture on).

So i rather keep the current black version. But I hope we will see more texture variants in the black plate.

·
Registered
123 Posts

I'm not a fan of the "because its EV, we cannot have black "grille" mentality lots of people have. (Actually the i4 and ix doesn't have a grille, its a black plastic plate with a texture on).

So i rather keep the current black version. But I hope we will see more texture variants in the black plate.
It does have that same feel as the Mach-E. It also loses a lot of presence/stance without the black grille. It makes the i4 look bland like a Model 3.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah it does seem like companies are shying away from adding a proper looking grille because it's an EV. But people forget that it adds so much of a car's character. Otherwise it looks like a bland blob like the Tesla Model 3 and Y.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts