BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ended up browsing Mach E and Kia forums for a little tonight. I learned about the Mach E battery just cation failure 5hat causes the car not to run at all. I learned of the Kia EV6 tailgate that flexes or does not close proper on an incline.

Has anyone who received their i4 had any problems yet with build quality or electronics functions?

Registered
M50 San Remo Green Fiona Red/Black Extended Merino
One of my headlights has a problem illuminating the angel eye led strip closest to the grill. It works perfectly driving or with parking lights, but during the welcome sequence its not following the other 3 LEDs.

This is most likely a headlight replacement to fix it. My dealer said they will handle it no problem. I havent had time to go there and get the formalities sorted. Usually they inspect and take pics, then order the part and set up an appointment once they have the part or ETA on arrival. I had a very smooth experience replacing the doorsill M badges in my G30 as they started to come appart after 3 years.

I just hope they can get a headlight pretty quick. I read that some parts for other brands can be 6month delivery etc.. 馃槄

Registered
I can't send navigation destinations from the app to the car. The app says it's sent, but when I enter the car, it has nothing received. The RTTI (real time traffic information) works only in like 2% of the times driving. The same with Podcasts. The weather, remote 3D view and all other online features work perfectly. Only those 3 functions don't work. BMW opened a ticket. Still waiting on an answer.

Registered
鈥22 i4 eDrive40 馃崏
No doom and/or gloom to report here just yet, save for the deleted touch interface on the iDrive controller, which wasn't communicated prior to delivery. My dealer is amazing, however, and has promised they'll swap it out when a replacement part is available.

Registered
2012 Prius Plug-In
No doom and/or gloom to report here just yet, save for the deleted touch interface on the iDrive controller, which wasn't communicated prior to delivery. My dealer is amazing, however, and has promised they'll swap it out when a replacement part is available.
That is great to hear. Hopefully, all of the dealers will do this.

Registered
鈥22 i4 eDrive40 馃崏
Had my first hiccup! Interior mic stopped working. Voice control would step through a series of 鈥渉ello! I鈥檓 here. Can you please try again? Can you say that again? I鈥檓 having trouble hearing you. Can you please try again?鈥 without pause.

For those wondering how to reboot iDrive, it takes a ~12-second press/hold on the volume on/off knob. While the car is 鈥渞unning鈥. This solved my issue.

Registered
'21 Tesla MY LR, 2017 Volt
I ended up browsing Mach E and Kia forums for a little tonight. I learned about the Mach E battery just cation failure 5hat causes the car not to run at all. I learned of the Kia EV6 tailgate that flexes or does not close proper on an incline.

Has anyone who received their i4 had any problems yet with build quality or electronics functions?
Just a note about the Mach e battery issue. A subscriber over there put up a poll to see how many times this has happened to forum members. So far it's only 5 or <10% and all seem to be early builds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts