BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
23 M50, San Remo, Cognac STec, DAPP, PAP, PP, MSport, M860 wheels, HK, Laserlight, Carbon Int, 50yr
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a few people posting that they have been notified about their cars getting the Stop Sale Recall on their cars for the RAM Module with the defect code

0065480300Retrofitting the receiver audio module

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has had this problem resolved so I can get a sense of how long it took to fix. My car has arrived at the port, but my CA advised me that this defect will be repaired at the port facility before it gets delivered to the dealership and I don't know if that means an extra day, an extra week, an extra month, etc.

Let me know if you have had this issue and gotten it resolved.

Reactions: JToddK

· Registered
1,339 Posts
FYI: this RAM issue is a defect on its built-in Sirius XM tuner.

• Helpful
Reactions: dudenjen

· Registered
98 Posts
How do you check if your car has any of these recalls? mine is set to arrive at port on the 16th.

· Registered
78 Posts
I looked this up and wow my car shows up now but didnt show up 2 weeks ago.

I've been in port in Germany for 40 days and was never notified this was happening. I am pretty hacked off about the whole thing to be honest. ZERO communication from BMW or from BMW to my dealer.

I have no timeline, no status. Highly considering a Tesla Model 3 Performance if this isn't resolved in the next few weeks.

· Registered
2023 i4 M50, Dravit Gray, Cognac, Shadowline, 860M wheels, HK
12 Posts
My i4 M50 is now at the Brunswick GA VPC as of two days ago. My CA says that they are expecting the RAM module by the end of January. He says it’s supposed to be fixed at the port prior to leaving. He says my car should arrive at the dealership early to mid February.

I’m going to wait it out. It’s been almost a year since my original order. I am counting down the days to turn in the keys to my Tesla Model Y Performance.

Didn’t realize it was a Sirius XM tuner. I don't even listen to Sirius XM so I should be able to opt out, lol.

· Registered
23 M50, San Remo, Cognac STec, DAPP, PAP, PP, MSport, M860 wheels, HK, Laserlight, Carbon Int, 50yr
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My i4 M50 is now at the Brunswick GA VPC as of two days ago. My CA says that they are expecting the RAM module by the end of January. He says it’s supposed to be fixed at the port prior to leaving. He says my car should arrive at the dealership early to mid February.

I’m going to wait it out. It’s been almost a year since my original order. I am counting down the days to turn in the keys to my Tesla Model Y Performance.

Didn’t realize it was a Sirius XM tuner. I don't even listen to Sirius XM so I should be able to opt out, lol.
Sounds like we are mirroring each other somewhat. I placed my order on 2/3/22 and my car is at the NY/NJ VPC since this past Tuesday.

My birthday is 1/24, so I told my CA that is would be a great B-day [reesent if he could get my car to me then. Not holding my breath though - LOL.

· Registered
12 Posts
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but my CA said that they will fix the RAM before it leaves the VPC at the US ports before it’s trucked to the dealership? From my understanding the fix would not happen at the German port.

· Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
1,121 Posts
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but my CA said that they will fix the RAM before it leaves the VPC at the US ports before it’s trucked to the dealership? From my understanding the fix would not happen at the German port.
I believe it depends on when the notice goes out. If it hasn't been placed on a vessel, then repaired in Germany! If already on the ship or in destination port, then repaired at VPC.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
2023 i4M50 Brooklyn Grey, Red V Leather, DAPP, PAP, LaserLights, 19"
564 Posts
Sounds like we are mirroring each other somewhat. I placed my order on 2/3/22 and my car is at the NY/NJ VPC since this past Tuesday.

My birthday is 1/24, so I told my CA that is would be a great B-day [reesent if he could get my car to me then. Not holding my breath though - LOL.
The parallels are uncanny. I'm also at the NJ VPC and have the same hold. Although I ordered before my last birthday, I was also hoping to get my M50 before my next one - Jan. 24th!

· Registered
12 Posts
Just called Genius and they say my vehicle is scheduled for transport from the Brunswick, GA VPC on 1/21 and due to arrive at my dealership on 1/24. Seems odd that it would take 3 days to travel from GA to NC. Maybe they have multiple stops? Who knows…..asked about the RAM recall and he says he couldn’t give me an update on that.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The parallels are uncanny. I'm also at the NJ VPC and have the same hold. Although I ordered before my last birthday, I was also hoping to get my M50 before my next one - Jan. 24th!
Amazing parallel. And to think.... I was also going with Brooklyn Grey w/Red interior up until the very last second, but switched it to San Remo Green w/Cognac.

Well, happy almost birthday to you. I'll let you know if I hear of any updates. You please do the same.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just called Genius and they say my vehicle is scheduled for transport from the Brunswick, GA VPC on 1/21 and due to arrive at my dealership on 1/24. Seems odd that it would take 3 days to travel from GA to NC. Maybe they have multiple stops? Who knows…..asked about the RAM recall and he says he couldn’t give me an update on that.
Interesting. My CA told me it couldn't leave the VPC without the RAM fixed.

· Registered
12 Posts
I went by the dealership yesterday to grab wallbox and casually grabbed a CA. I asked them to look up my vehicle status. He checked and says that they will either fix the part at the VPC or they will ship the vehicle with the part so that it can be fixed at the dealership. He still says my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership on 1/24, but my recall status is still “open” on the recall checker.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went by the dealership yesterday to grab wallbox and casually grabbed a CA. I asked them to look up my vehicle status. He checked and says that they will either fix the part at the VPC or they will ship the vehicle with the part so that it can be fixed at the dealership. He still says my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership on 1/24, but my recall status is still “open” on the recall checker.
It will be interesting to compare time-to-resolution when the work is being performed by the dealership vs the VPC. My gut tells me that the dealership has a lot more incentive to resolve the issue and deliver the car than the VPC does. Please keep us updated as your car progresses.

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,888 Posts
He's wrong. It won't leave the VPC unless it's ready for delivery.

Reactions: dudenjen
1 - 20 of 54 Posts