BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
2023 i4M50 Brooklyn Grey, Red V Leather, DAPP, PAP, LaserLights, 19"
552 Posts
He's wrong. It won't leave the VPC unless it's ready for delivery.
That's a reasonable position for BMW to take. Probably cheaper to do it at VPC. For me, I'd rather have the car with no sat radio sooner and get the RAM replaced by the dealer when the correct module is available. But, not good for BMW to release too many cars with open IOUs. (Arguably, the right number is none.). Then, the incorrect module would be "used" and probably wouldn't be returned the the production line - chip shortages and all.

· Registered
23 M50, San Remo, Cognac STec, DAPP, PAP, PP, MSport, M860 wheels, HK, Laserlight, Carbon Int, 50yr
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The parallels are uncanny. I'm also at the NJ VPC and have the same hold. Although I ordered before my last birthday, I was also hoping to get my M50 before my next one - Jan. 24th!
Just called Genius and they say my vehicle is scheduled for transport from the Brunswick, GA VPC on 1/21 and due to arrive at my dealership on 1/24. Seems odd that it would take 3 days to travel from GA to NC. Maybe they have multiple stops? Who knows…..asked about the RAM recall and he says he couldn’t give me an update on that.
I just did my daily check of the BMW Recall Info Tool. Looks like my car status has changed from "Open" to "Closed" in the last 12 hour or so.... meaning it is fixed and ready to go to the dealer.

You guys should check yours now.

Almost here !!!!!!

Reactions: ssh

· Registered
552 Posts
I just did my daily check of the BMW Recall Info Tool. Looks like my car status has changed from "Open" to "Closed" in the last 12 hour or so.... meaning it is fixed and ready to go to the dealer.

You guys should check yours now.

Almost here !!!!!!
Unfortunately, no change for me. Nice that you made some progress. Maybe soon.

· Registered
2023 i4 M50, Dravit Gray, Cognac, Shadowline, 860M wheels, HK
12 Posts
Update…called genius today. They say the RAM module has been installed. Checked the recall tracker and the status is now “closed”. Genius says that it is set to depart the GA VPC on 1/30 with delivery on 2/1. Asked why it would sit for a week and he stated it may be logistics. My assumption is that they missed the original transport date on 1/21 and the next available transport is 1/30.

· Registered
23 M50, San Remo, Cognac STec, DAPP, PAP, PP, MSport, M860 wheels, HK, Laserlight, Carbon Int, 50yr
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Update…called genius today. They say the RAM module has been installed. Checked the recall tracker and the status is now “closed”. Genius says that it is set to depart the GA VPC on 1/30 with delivery on 2/1. Asked why it would sit for a week and he stated it may be logistics. My assumption is that they missed the original transport date on 1/21 and the next available transport is 1/30.
It's a positive direction !!

I just got an e-mail from my CA saying that they expect to receive my car by the end of the week. So, I am hoping that I may be able to get it on Friday or Saturday. I should know more tomorrow AM,

Unfortunately, no change for me. Nice that you made some progress. Maybe soon.
Check again, it looks like they are finishing up on these RAM modules.

· Registered
3 Posts
My i4 eDrive40 also got flagged for this and is sitting in the Baltimore VDC awaiting the service now. I was supposed to take delivery yesterday, but now waiting for this to complete. The CA said that the VDC committed to have it to the dealership by 1/31. Fingers-crossed! So close, yet so far away!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Kept checking. Status went to "closed" this evening. Gettin' closer!!
Mine was just flagged as "In Transit". I imagine it will be at dealer today or tomorrow. CA told me it takes about 24 hours to turn around on their end. So, I am hoping Friday (Saturday at the latest) I will be driving the car home.

Reactions: JToddK

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Mine was just flagged as "In Transit". I imagine it will be at dealer today or tomorrow. CA told me it takes about 24 hours to turn around on their end. So, I am hoping Friday (Saturday at the latest) I will be driving the car home.
Mine just arrived at the dealership and my CA sent pictures !! I pick up on Friday.

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: PatrickATL

· Registered
2023 M50 Brooklyn Grey, 19" 861M wheels, Tacora Red Vernasca Leather, all options without Carbon pk
53 Posts
My m50 is stuck at Port Hueneme (s. cal) for over a week since arriving on 16th. My CA told me this AM that my BMW was shipped without the audio module from the factory due to parts shortage. It's not a recall related delay.
The delay at port is waiting to get the module installed and we aren't sure how long this will take.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My m50 is stuck at Port Hueneme (s. cal) for over a week since arriving on 16th. My CA told me this AM that my BMW was shipped without the audio module from the factory due to parts shortage. It's not a recall related delay.
The delay at port is waiting to get the module installed and we aren't sure how long this will take.
It took about 1.5. weeks for mine to be resolved at the port.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

· Registered
6 Posts
Mine is sitting right next to yours! I hate checking on this dam car everyday its just stressful and the wait I don't think I will wait for another car to be built like this again.

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
13 Posts
Mine is sitting right next to yours! I hate checking on this dam car everyday its just stressful and the wait I don't think I will wait for another car to be built like this again.
Same here, my M50 arrived at Port Hueneme on the 16th waiting for the audio module with no ETA. My CA said that he won't be able to give me an estimate since he has no visibility on the cars that are already there waiting for the same module to be installed.

· Registered
552 Posts
Same here, my M50 arrived at Port Hueneme on the 16th waiting for the audio module with no ETA. My CA said that he won't be able to give me an estimate since he has no visibility on the cars that are already there waiting for the same module to be installed.
It does seem CA visibility is limited (but better than ours). On 17Jan, I was looking at the CA's "internal" status screen and it showed a work order had been cut by the VPC but had missing parts and no date for parts availability. One week later, 24Jan., the recall tool flipped to closed. Unclear why they have no visibility on parts that will arrive and be installed in seven days. The good news is that dispatch to arrival at the dealer only took two days from when they closed the recall. Good timing, I guess. So, port arrival 10Jan. - to dealer 26Jan., recall parts delay included.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts