BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new member and about to place an order for the i4 eDrive 40 in Houston, TX. I have a question about the San Remo Green color. I am familiar with Jaguar's "British Racing Green" which is classic, and I have also owned an Audi A5 Green with Saddle leather. The Audi / Jaguar green is very deep that almost looks black at night. That is the look I am after, however, when I see the images for the BMW San Remo, some simulated, some under florescent lights, and some videos I see a very bright metallic Green, and in others it is nice and subdued, which is what I prefer. I realize it is hard to describe a color but any first hand input you can provide will be appreciated. No dealer in town has any inventory in that color that I can look at. Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello, I am a new member and about to place an order for the i4 eDrive 40 in Houston, TX. I have a question about the San Remo Green color. I am familiar with Jaguar's "British Racing Green" which is classic, and I have also owned an Audi A5 Green with Saddle leather. The Audi / Jaguar green is very deep that almost looks black at night. That is the look I am after, however, when I see the images for the BMW San Remo, some simulated, some under florescent lights, and some videos I see a very bright metallic Green, and in others it is nice and subdued, which is what I prefer. I realize it is hard to describe a color but any first hand input you can provide will be appreciated. No dealer in town has any inventory in that color that I can look at. Thanks in advance.....
yeah...I've been wondering this too. For the most part my guess is that it will be what you want because i'm only seeing the brilliant green in promotional material. Whenever I see a review of the i4 in the San Remo green, it looks quite dark and almost black. Personally, I wanted a brilliant punchy green but I don't think it's what our car is going to look like.

·
Registered
MB GLA
281 Posts
HI I have seen this color when the I4 40 was at Montréal last November., very nice shiny in sun and dark in midnight or cloudy.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perfect! Thank you for posting that, it appears to be the color I am after more so than the "brilliant punchy green" that Ultrachrome aptly described. I will order it tomorrow

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also have an order for the eDrive40 in Houston.

I’ve only seen in person a car in San remo at night, so I’m not the best judge on how it looks in sunny days, but I agree with you, the color looks better as a dark green compared to bright green metallic in the sun.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2004 Infiniti G35 - 83k miles, all me
29 Posts
It's a metallic green, so lighting conditions will have a large effect on how it is perceived. It will look lighter under bright sunlight and darker on cloudy days or low-light conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts