BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My order for an i4 eDrive40 MSpec is “Scheduled for Production” status, is there anyway to find out when production will start? I’ve read horror stories where M50s linger in this status for months on end, is that the case with 40’s as well? Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My order for an i4 eDrive40 MSpec is “Scheduled for Production” status, is there anyway to find out when production will start? I’ve read horror stories where M50s linger in this status for months on end, is that the case with 40’s as well? Thanks for any guidance.
not now , my m50 goes from 150 to 151 in 8 days

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
816 Posts
The switch from 112 to 150 appears to be completely random. I was at 112 for about 4 months (with the occasional jaunt back to 105 and 111), so really all you can do is put your feet up and prepare for a wait! Your dealer should be able to give you an estimated production week now you're at 112, so you too can join in one of the many "Build week XX support" threads...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The switch from 112 to 150 appears to be completely random. I was at 112 for about 4 months (with the occasional jaunt back to 105 and 111), so really all you can do is put your feet up and prepare for a wait! Your dealer should be able to give you an estimated production week now you're at 112, so you too can join in one of the many "Build week XX support" threads...
The true meaning of “patience is a virtue”. Thanks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Call the BMW genius line and they can tell you the expected production week. The week they tell you can move, and certainly does move for some, but it will give you a ballpark

Reactions: ssh

·
Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,722 Posts
You can contact Genius and they'll give you the current expected production week. However, there is really no commitment to it, so your sanity will fare better if you expect it to move later.

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
816 Posts
Has anyone on here had their car built in the actual production week they were told at the outset?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Has anyone on here had their car built in the actual production week they were told at the outset?
Yes! I’ve tracked several builds and even had an eDrive40 pulled forward by 5 weeks in September! So despite everything you see on these forums, not EVERY build is delayed.

Reactions: Squirrel1974

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Mine was scheduled for 21, 23, 30,31,32,38,42, and 47.

I refuse to ask at this point because it's irrelevant and a lie. It was scheduled for week 47 but it's been scheduled for 7 weeks moving into week 8 of scheduled for production. What's the week? I don't know and only a VIN matters.

Waiting for my M50......

• Sad
Reactions: Squirrel1974

·
Registered
23 i4 e40 M Sport
837 Posts
My first i4 was built 3 weeks after I ordered. This one has been bumped twice so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts