BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was told by BMW Genius that our build was scheduled for week 11. Checked My BMW today and it is now showing Scheduled for Production (112)!

Reservation made early June 2021
Pre-Order early November 2021

UPDATE:
Giving more specifics on my timeline - hoping to help others gauge their process.

Jun 1 - Pre-order placed/deposit paid
Jun 9 - Pre-order confirmation number received from BMW
Nov 18 - Time to build/configure email received from BMW
Nov 20 - Configuration complete with dealer
Dec 16 - Received production number from dealer
Dec 16 - Status 111 Order Accepted at AG
January - BMW Genius gives week 11 production estimate
Feb 23 - Status 112 Scheduled for Production
Mar 3 - Change to week 12 'confirmed production time', per dealer
Mar 17 - Status 150 Production Begins :)
Mar 28 - Status 151 Exterior Body Assembly Begins
Mar 28 - Status 152 In The Paint Booth
Mar 30 - Status 153 Entering Assembly Line
Mar 30 - Status 154 Assembly in Progress
Mar 30 - Status 155 Quality Check/Final Assembly
Mar 30 - Status 160 Ready for Transport
Mar 30 - Status 180 Awaiting Carrier Assignment
Apr 4 - Status 193 At the Port
Apr 28 - Status 195 In Transit
May 14 - Status 196 At VPC (Brunswick)
May 17 - Status 198 At the Dealership

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
318 Posts
Congrats!

· Registered
M50, Brooklyn Gray, 859 Wheels, Extended Shadowline.
80 Posts
Great news! Week 11.....is that in about 4 weeks?

I called Genius yesterday and they said that mine won't be ready (complete off assembly) till Week 19 (2nd week of May).

Same timing as yours (Early June / Early Nov.).

Going to be helpful to know when yours rolls off the line...

· Registered
2022 I4 Loaded
642 Posts
Was told by BMW Genius that our build was scheduled for week 11. Checked My BMW today and it is now showing Scheduled for Production (112)!
I was also scheduled for week 11. Then last Friday I saw I was also scheduled for production. So I called the genius line and asked if I had been moved up. They said I was now scheduled for week 12. Every time prior to the actual scheduling was considered by BMW to be a ballpark, not an exact date. Once they have you scheduled, call again to verify, and you can rely on that week as your build week.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was also scheduled for week 11. Then last Friday I saw I was also scheduled for production. So I called the genius line and asked if I had been moved up. They said I was now scheduled for week 12. Every time prior to the actual scheduling was considered by BMW to be a ballpark, not an exact date. Once they have you scheduled, call again to verify, and you can rely on that week as your build week.
Thanks for the advice @dspevack. I just got off the line with Genius and they confirmed the week 11 schedule. Not too long for us now!

· Registered
2 Posts

UPDATE:
Giving more specifics on my timeline - hoping to help others gauge their process.

Feb23?

· Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
1,071 Posts
I'm happy for you, but these schedules are all over the place with seemingly no rhyme or reason. My pre-order was 6/1/21, but I'm holding firm at bld week 14 still, as of call to genius line yesterday.

Nov 19 - Configuration complete with dealer
Jan 15 - Received production number from dealer, only because I asked after seeing others on the forum.
Dec 28 - MY BMW Status Order Received
January - BMW Genius gives week 14

· Registered
335i convertible, BMW K1600b mc
1,576 Posts

UPDATE:

Congrats!!!!
When do you think you will get it?
Mine just recently got changed from week 5 to week12.

· Registered
79 Posts

UPDATE:

I have a similar timeline. Also scheduled for Week 11 and saw my status went into "Scheduled for Production" last week :)

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm happy for you, but these schedules are all over the place with seemingly no rhyme or reason. My pre-order was 6/1/21, but I'm holding firm at bld week 14 still, as of call to genius line yesterday.

Nov 19 - Configuration complete with dealer
Jan 15 - Received production number from dealer, only because I asked after seeing others on the forum.
Dec 28 - MY BMW Status Order Received
January - BMW Genius gives week 14
I agree with you that the schedules seem random in some aspects - this is why I thought posting my schedule as it happens might help solve the riddle. I'm not sure if some of it is down to the timeliness of dealers to process???

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats!!!!
When do you think you will get it?
Mine just recently got changed from week 5 to week12.
OH NO! Was there any explanation on the reason for the change? 1-2 weeks up or down happens, but 7 weeks is significant. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

My best guess is a mid to late April delivery. Waiting on @gsbaker and others to receive theirs so I can try to gauge.

· Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
2,479 Posts
OH NO! Was there any explanation on the reason for the change? 1-2 weeks up or down happens, but 7 weeks is significant. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

My best guess is a mid to late April delivery. Waiting on @gsbaker and others to receive theirs so I can try to gauge.
Hi DDFLi4

I preordered in the first hour the site was opened on June 1 (midnight June 2 in Munich), and I believe orders were scheduled in the order of the preorder. My dealer told me in November to take my time configuring because it would not affect my standing.

I had one small setback in the schedule, moving from week 5 to week 7. The car was finished on Feb 16 and arrived in Bremerhaven on Feb 18. Since then it has been awaiting a ship assignment.

I hope it ships out today, but it may remain there another two weeks.

Oh the suspense.

😳

· Registered
2022 I4 Loaded
642 Posts
People, please remember the concepts involved in delivery. They want to build cars that they can get out to customers quickly.
For example.
I'm BMW and I need to get 1000 cars to the port to be loaded on the 1st and the 15th of each month.
Shipping company calls and says on the ship that loads on the 1st I only have room for 800 cars.
Or the shipping company calls and says, due to port congestion our ship will be delayed by a week returning to port for the next load.
I'm not going to make the extra 200 cars to be sitting at the port for an extra two weeks waiting the ship that loads on the 15th, and I'm not going to be making the cars to sit at the port waiting for the delayed ship. Instead I'm going to be making the cars that go to overland carriers or different ships. So that delays build week.
I'm not saying this is what happens all the time. And sometimes delays can't be avoided. I'm just saying that time is money and it costs $ to have cars sitting around, so it pays to shift production schedules to match distribution schedules.

Dan

· Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
2,479 Posts
People, please remember the concepts involved in delivery. They want to build cars that they can get out to customers quickly.
For example.
I'm BMW and I need to get 1000 cars to the port to be loaded on the 1st and the 15th of each month.
Shipping company calls and says on the ship that loads on the 1st I only have room for 800 cars.
Or the shipping company calls and says, due to port congestion our ship will be delayed by a week returning to port for the next load.
I'm not going to make the extra 200 cars to be sitting at the port for an extra two weeks waiting the ship that loads on the 15th, and I'm not going to be making the cars to sit at the port waiting for the delayed ship. Instead I'm going to be making the cars that go to overland carriers or different ships. So that delays build week.
I'm not saying this is what happens all the time. And sometimes delays can't be avoided. I'm just saying that time is money and it costs $ to have cars sitting around, so it pays to shift production schedules to match distribution schedules.

Dan
Dan,

I thought the same about cars sitting in port, and argued the same point that they should optimize the land transport to match the ships.

However after talking to the genius an number of times and really pushing them as to why they can't predict the shipping schedule, and all I got is that BMW expects ships to sit in the port for 1-3 weeks.

And looking at shipping schedules, I see potential ships leaving today, then March 6, 11, 12. So I could have a really long wait.

George

1 - 20 of 51 Posts