BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just checked my local dealer's site, they have two i4 in Arriving Soon status. I'll finally be able see the car in person and hopefully test drive it.
Are you near a BMW center that will have an unveiling event? Maybe the i4s 'Arriving Soon' are for the event. I wouldn't get hopes up on a test drive...but kudos if you do manage it!

· Registered
Now Skyscraper grey 40. Some day hopefully soon TZ m50
591 Posts
Are you near a BMW center that will have an unveiling event? Maybe the i4s 'Arriving Soon' are for the event. I wouldn't get hopes up on a test drive...but kudos if you do manage it!
Yep. My salesman said the GM drove the cars from their one location to their other up the street, no salespeople were allowed to drive it.

· Registered
2022 I4 Loaded
642 Posts
Dan,
However after talking to the genius an number of times and really pushing them as to why they can't predict the shipping schedule, and all I got is that BMW expects ships to sit in the port for 1-3 weeks.
George
Hi George,
Which port? The one where its loaded, or unloaded? "In port" might include being anchored just outside of port waiting for docking space.

My car is scheduled to be in production on week 12 but the tour will hit my dealership on week 14.

Dan

· Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
2,479 Posts
Hi George,
Which port? The one where its loaded, or unloaded? "In port" might include being anchored just outside of port waiting for docking space.

My car is scheduled to be in production on week 12 but the tour will hit my dealership on week 14.

Dan
It is sitting in the port of Bremerhaven waiting assignment to a ship to North America.

Once loaded it will probably proceed to one or more ports on the east coast. I understand that there will be some delay again for unloading.

· Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport, San Remo Green / Cognac
59 Posts
My journey looks about the same (Wisconsin, USA)

Jun 26 - Pre-order placed/deposit paid
Jun 28 - Pre-order confirmation number received from BMW
Nov 21 - Configuration complete with dealer
Dec 15 - Status 111 Order Accepted at AG
Feb 28 - Status 112 Scheduled for Production
Feb 28 - Week 12 (March) Build scheduled (confirmed with BMW Genius phone call)

Exciting!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

So now I wait for week of build message I guess? Exciting!
We're getting there...slowly but surely.

I called the BMW Genius line to get the production week. I think your dealer may be able to tell you as well. If you call the Genius line, have you production number handy.

· Registered
2022 I4 Loaded
642 Posts

So now I wait for week of build message I guess? Exciting!
If you're willing to spend the time on hold, you can call the genius line and they will tell you the definite build week now that you are in Status 112.

· Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport, San Remo Green / Cognac
59 Posts
If you're willing to spend the time on hold, you can call the genius line and they will tell you the definite build week now that you are in Status 112.
My local dealer sales person laughed when I called her to confirm as she was planning to call me today. :) We are tentatively scheduled for a week 12 build week (late March) so might have care in hand in early May?

I confirmed the build we are looking for the eDrive40 and will meet the dealer tomorrow in person to do a final confirmation and start discussing purchase options. The Sales Manager had previously indicated they would not add any dealer markup and that we're likely looking at straight MSRP (+ delivery charge), taxes and title for an out the door price.

At this point I am on the fence on lease vs buy as I know I am likely to trade this one in in 3-4 years assuming the tech continues to advance and OTA are no longer enough. We'll see what the numbers look like from BMWFS vs a local credit union.

· Registered
129 Posts
I thought the same about cars sitting in port, and argued the same point that they should optimize the land transport to match the ships.

However after talking to the genius an number of times and really pushing them as to why they can't predict the shipping schedule, and all I got is that BMW expects ships to sit in the port for 1-3 weeks.

And looking at shipping schedules, I see potential ships leaving today, then March 6, 11, 12. So I could have a really long wait.

George
It seems like i’m in the same situation as you…

My dealer called me today and said my car is waiting at the German shipping port awaiting departure. Annoying 😐

He expects another two weeks from now until I can collect. [Optimistically crosses fingers] 🤞🏼 Let’s see…

• Sad
Reactions: gsbaker

· Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all this info. I pre-ordered mine in the first hour it was open this summer. Yet, I'm week 13 build. The BMW genius say that meant production starting end of March. My dealer had told me that my production would begin 3/13/22 -- so not too far off what the genius said.

I'm getting the M50 in Brooklyn Grey.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks for all this info. I pre-ordered mine in the first hour it was open this summer. Yet, I'm week 13 build. The BMW genius say that meant production starting end of March. My dealer had told me that my production would begin 3/13/22 -- so not too far off what the genius said.

I'm getting the M50 in Brooklyn Grey.
I'm not sure when you last checked the timing, but you might consider calling again. There is an article on another post regarding an anticipated closing of the Munich plant due to the Ukraine conflict. Today my dealer confirmed a move to week 12...hoping that get into production before major delays.

· Registered
2022 i4 edrive40
220 Posts
My status just changed to “Scheduled for Production” today! Got my production number (“Order Received”) on April 4th, and now on April 20th it is scheduled. I guess I need to call the genius line now for an estimate on the completion week? Is that what you guys are doing?

· Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,987 Posts
My status just changed to “Scheduled for Production” today! Got my production number (“Order Received”) on April 4th, and now on April 20th it is scheduled. I guess I need to call the genius line now for an estimate on the completion week? Is that what you guys are doing?
At the rate I’m going, although I’m one step ahead, I’ll bet you beat me to the finish line.

· Registered
2022 e40 Sport
365 Posts
From my limited experience about a week from 'scheduled for production' to ' Production begins' (which is really just getting the parts lined up). Then another 2 weeks until fabrication actually starts (exterior assembly begins).

· Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,987 Posts
From my limited experience about a week from 'scheduled for production' to ' Production begins' (which is really just getting the parts lined up). Then another 2 weeks until fabrication actually starts (exterior assembly begins).
Your account seems to match more of what I’m experiencing. Yet I’ve read other accounts where from production begins to completion is just a matter of days. Who knows, it seems like there’s an infinite number of permutations.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts