BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
1,071 Posts
From my limited experience about a week from 'scheduled for production' to ' Production begins' (which is really just getting the parts lined up). Then another 2 weeks until fabrication actually starts (exterior assembly begins).
Oh, how I wish that were true. My experience has proven the opposite to be the case. I've been scheduled for production a little over a month, maybe longer, and my bld week has moved about 5 times. "Be excited for your progress, but be prepared for disappointment." Sorry but I felt I needed to warn you.

· Registered
2022 I4 Loaded
642 Posts
Oh, how I wish that were true. My experience has proven the opposite to be the case. I've been scheduled for production a little over a month, maybe longer, and my bld week has moved about 5 times. "Be excited for your progress, but be prepared for disappointment." Sorry but I felt I needed to warn you.
Dudeenjen is correct. My build week has also moved. 11...12...14...15...now 18. Enjoy the excitement of progress. It will last longer than you think.

· Registered
564 Posts
Are you on the east coast or west coast? We are on the west coast and I am told that it can take a few more weeks to get the car here. Fingers crossed. BMW genius told me that the exterior build starts on 8/9.

· Registered
0 Posts
Couple of questions... My order (2023 BMW M4 Comp XI with individual BRG, carbon everything, carbon buckets), said scheduled for production, not its back to "order received"..... WHAT????? What is the "Genius" you all keep speaking about? Thanks... MT

· Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,813 Posts
Couple of questions... My order (2023 BMW M4 Comp XI with individual BRG, carbon everything, carbon buckets), said scheduled for production, not its back to "order received"..... WHAT????? What is the "Genius" you all keep speaking about? Thanks... MT
Until you have a VIN, you don't have a real date. Back to "Order Received" means they've moved you out of the production queue for the moment. It's likely you'll move back in, but please place no value on a production week while in Scheduled for Production; it means nothing! Until you have a VIN, you're not real.

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Until you have a VIN, you don't have a real date. Back to "Order Received" means they've moved you out of the production queue for the moment. It's likely you'll move back in, but please place no value on a production week while in Scheduled for Production; it means nothing! Until you have a VIN, you're not real.
Completely agree.
I have been at scheduled multiple times and kicked back to order received.

I enter my eighth week of scheduled for production tomorrow with no VIN.

Estimated weeks mean nothing. VIN...

Waiting for my M50......

41 - 51 of 51 Posts