BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
People on this forum should start noticing or recording if it's super-hot outside whenever this happens, maybe it has to do with temperature.

·
Registered
i4 M Sport ordered
78 Posts
My i4 M50, the screen goes black, then comes back after a few minutes. Going to the dealer to morrow for a check.
I'm sure you've already tried this, but have you tried rebooting the iDrive system? Some people with stability issues resolved them by forcing a reboot.

·
Registered
M50 San Remo Green Fiona Red/Black Extended Merino
203 Posts
I had the screen turn black with a white BMW logo in the middle once. Happened out of the blue after stopping the car at the side if the road.

Radio was working, but not in the hud. No navigation or climate menu either just black with BMW in white letters.

I had to turn the car completly off a few times. Then i went out locked it and waited for everything to turn off. Not sure what fixed it, but it did not come back until i stopped and did the turn off everything trick. Drove like 15min before deciding to stop..

·
Registered
2022 e40 Sport
161 Posts
Thought pressing and holding radio volume button for 10-15 seconds does a reboot?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts