BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be ordering the i4 M50 but without the full order specification listing of options and restrictions (haven't found that online anywhere yet) I am having trouble working out the logic of the various seat options.

I don't really want the M seats as I have found the style a bit uncomfortable on other BMWs.

I do want to have active seat ventilation though - haven't had this before and I like the option when I have experienced it on other vehicles.

In the configurator, when I select 'Seat with active ventilation' it disables 'Seat adjustment, electrical with memory'.

I find it hard to believe that an upgrade to seat ventilation would lose adjustment and memory settings, so perhaps that's included with the ventilation option but not separately listed.

Choosing seat ventilation also restricts leather choice to only a couple of colors, so that may yet become a decider for me, but it would be good to know what my options actually are.

Does anyone have any idea what you actually get with that seat option? Or the other seat variants for that matter?

·
Registered
92 Posts
You should look at the price, if the price of active cooling is approx 1000 euro, it's only that. If it's more like 2000 euro it should have the electric controls included. It's similar probably similar to the M seat, it removes some options, but then has them included in itself.
A lot of people are saying that cooled seats makes them a bit harder to sit on, but I don't have any first hand info. Also I was a bit concerned if I spill anything in the seat, it will leak right down to the important bits. I have plain leather in my car now and I can just wash whatever gets on it, no problem.
The M seat has more variable side bolstering, I think in two places, for a more snug fit. That one also is limited to only a few colors, the beige and the black (i picked beige). Most colors look great, in my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should look at the price, if the price of active cooling is approx 1000 euro, it's only that. If it's more like 2000 euro it should have the electric controls included. It's similar probably similar to the M seat, it removes some options, but then has them included in itself.
A lot of people are saying that cooled seats makes them a bit harder to sit on, but I don't have any first hand info. Also I was a bit concerned if I spill anything in the seat, it will leak right down to the important bits. I have plain leather in my car now and I can just wash whatever gets on it, no problem.
The M seat has more variable side bolstering, I think in two places, for a more snug fit. That one also is limited to only a few colors, the beige and the black (i picked beige). Most colors look great, in my opinion.
Hi Inception. Really useful comments, thank you.

I, too, used that price guideline approach - the ventilated seats are about the same cost as the M seats - but as I get closer to actually ordering it, I would like to be sure. I know it will be clear on the ordering sheets, but it would be handy to know now while playing with configurations.

And you make a good observation about liquids and seat firmness … I may yet re-think on that basis.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
That must be a mistake. Do you mean the cognac color? (Light brown). Black was the default choice.
Yes the cognac was the only colour the dealers configurator would allow the M seat to be spec's. Also you have to have the comfort pack if you want a tow bar!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here the configurator makes a lot more sense. You can buy three packs (callled innnovation, fully charged, supercharged), and they pretty much gives you a little discount compared to speccing each option individually. I think almost everyone picks the second highest package here (approx 7k eur), which has that included.

·
Registered
Bmw 640d M coupe ‘11, Bmw X3 2.0d xdrive M ‘19
56 Posts
I find it hard to believe that an upgrade to seat ventilation would lose adjustment and memory settings, so perhaps that's included with the ventilation option but not separately listed.

Choosing seat ventilation also restricts leather choice to only a couple of colors, so that may yet become a decider for me, but it would be good to know what my options actually are.

Does anyone have any idea what you actually get with that seat option?
Hi
From the i4 German catalog translation:

Seat with active seat ventilation
  • includes seat adjustment, electric, with memory
  • Perforated seat and backrest center panels of the front seats and outer rear seats - Front seats with seat depth adjustment
Only in conjunction with black Vernasca leather with decorative stitching or Vernasca leather mocha with decorative stitching. Only in conjunction with heated seats for driver and front passenger / heated seats front and rear

So this €2k option includes the electrical adjustments. You lose the sports seats and the adjustable bolsters though.

Regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts