BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What car / country is the black sensatc w/ blue stitching available?
Belgium, France, Germany: e40/M50
UK: e40 only....

It is actually a mixture of Cloth (the middle of the back and the part you sit on), Alcantara (the shoulders), and Sensatec (the sides and all the rest)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Netherlands has it too, unless you take High Exec pack, then you get leather only (which I don’t like that much). So went with the alcantara sensatec blue accents - looks super cool

·
Registered
206 Posts
So the m sport and sport seats actually look quite the same. But there is some more adjustability on it, and it looks a bit nicer.
I wanted cognac to have something different but looking at the photos I might end up with black in the end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
M sport seats dont have Adjustable width, only the sport seats. It is impossible to get it on the configurator for both buyers and for the BMW dealers. I have checked it with BMW in Norway. This has probably been the case for the i4 all along....

·
Registered
9 Posts
So the m sport and sport seats actually look quite the same. But there is some more adjustability on it, and it looks a bit nicer.
I wanted cognac to have something different but looking at the photos I might end up with black in the end.
Personally I feel like cognac seats make the car more spacious inside. I sat once in an all black interior of G22 and felt a bit overwhelmed by the darkness. It's very subjective though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So if you’re after the most luxurious seats with the most features, is that the Ventilated Seats option? It’s the most expensive by far, so I wonder if you get all the electric adjustments, memory, etc as well as ventilation.

it’s hard to tell as I can’t find features for each seat option clearly laid out anywhere.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So if you’re after the most luxurious seats with the most features, is that the Ventilated Seats option? It’s the most expensive by far, so I wonder if you get all the electric adjustments, memory, etc as well as ventilation.

it’s hard to tell as I can’t find features for each seat option clearly laid out anywhere.
The US price list shows 4FH Ventilated Seats: 4FH requires ordering MAH7 (Black Vernasca leather) or MAMU (Mocha Vernasca leather); 4FH will delete 490 (Adjustable seat width) from the order. However, the Configurator does not show this "delete", so it may mean that the Ventilated Seat is a totally different seat that has a built-in bolster adjustment and does not require the 490 option - I would check with the dealer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The US price list shows 4FH Ventilated Seats: 4FH requires ordering MAH7 (Black Vernasca leather) or MAMU (Mocha Vernasca leather); 4FH will delete 490 (Adjustable seat width) from the order. However, the Configurator does not show this "delete", so it may mean that the Ventilated Seat is a totally different seat that has a built-in bolster adjustment and does not require the 490 option - I would check with the dealer.
It looks a bit complicated but here's how I understand it:

When you have M Sport Seats (711): no ventilation possible (so no 4FH)

If you have the "regular" sport seats you can have ventilation but only with the colors Mocha (MAMU) or Black (MAH7), both Vernasca, not Sensatec.

But taking Ventilated Seats, you lose the option "Adjustable seat width) (490)?
So, it is either 4FH or 490, but not both.

When you choose 4FH, ventilated seats, the option "Electric Seats with memory function for the driver" (459) is also removed. But the option 4FH-Ventilated Seats has its own electric functions (that's why this option is so much more expensive in the e40 because that one doesn't have electric seats).

Now, two questions pop up in my head:
  • do you still have the memory functions when ordering ventilated seats?
  • and what about the mirror functions on the drivers' side (functions that are included in the 459-Electric Seat option)? Do we lose them as well?

If you don't lose these last two functions, then I think you're better of with the Ventilated Seats than with no ventilated seats, it's cheaper...

Added: Pricelist downloaded from the Belgian Website (in Dutch)

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts