BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I've been trying to determine if the i4 will have a self-washing reverse camera like on the iX? I know the i4 reverse camera is integrated in the logo, but no mention of the self-washing feature... which I'm guessing is probably not a good sign. Would be incredibly helpful if it was included. Thanks!

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 e40 Brooklyn Grey
195 Posts
Have you seen a wiper on a back window? That should give you the idea if they wanted to add a washer just for a camera

·
Registered
136 Posts
One of the things I don't like on the i4.

On my current car, the rear view camera is hidden behind a motorized cover. The shutter opens automatically only when in use, keeping the camera clean and tidy.
Probably the dashcam/recorder option explains why they built it this way, but I'd rather like to see the surroundings more clearly when reversing.

Reactions: Inception

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 e40 Brooklyn Grey
195 Posts
One of the things I don't like on the i4.

On my current car, the rear view camera is hidden behind a motorized cover. The shutter opens automatically only when in use, keeping the camera clean and tidy.
Probably the dashcam/recorder option explains why they built it this way, but I'd rather like to see the surroundings more clearly when reversing.
In my volvo xc60 camera is exposed and except for the salt in winter it works ok - and I’m used to just wipe it with my finger when passing by in cold conditions

·
Registered
136 Posts
I never wiped mine in 3 years and 120000 km. Never even got wet/washed/rinsed/...
Still a perfect view ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.