BMW i4 Forum banner
501 - 520 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
🤩 2022 I4 E40 M Sport Pckg San Remo Green
161 Posts
Just spoke to a lovely young lady at Genius my vehicle is estimated to arrive on 8/8 wooohooo that’s perfect right before i head on vacation. Shes did advise this is only an estimate and timeframe may change yada ya ya lol. 🤩🤩 this is more exciting than going to Disneyland granted i haven’t been in ages.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Makes sense.

Genius told me the recall can be fixed either at VPC or dealership. It just depends on what they feel basically lol.
So another Genius without a clue, gotcha.

·
Registered
i4 edrive40 Black Sapphire Cognac Vernesca
61 Posts
Spoke with Genius.
Arrived 7/30 on the Orion.
Recall cleared this morning.
Carrier pick up scheduled for today.
Arrive at dealer (Tacoma) on the 9th.
HOWEVER, she did say she would be surprised if the carrier actually picks it up today as they've been seeing delays on the carrier side.
Looks like 5 days from the date she gets onto a truck.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
I called Genius Line this morning and they confirmed that my car was at the VPC.
I should have written down the dates that they said, because they don’t make sense in my head right now. (Too damned excited and reading too many other dates here and at work.)
I think it was EDD from the VPC on 10 August and ETA at the dealership on 14 August. Or maybe it was the 12th for ETA and the 14th for delivery?
Not September.

Yet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Spoke with Genius.
Arrived 7/30 on the Orion.
Recall cleared this morning.
Carrier pick up scheduled for today.
Arrive at dealer (Tacoma) on the 9th.
HOWEVER, she did say she would be surprised if the carrier actually picks it up today as they've been seeing delays on the carrier side.
Looks like 5 days from the date she gets onto a truck.
Hope we can get on a truck today. Mine just needs to travel 70 miles to LA. Would be nice to pick up this weekend 🤞

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’ve been checking My Garage on an hourly basis since yesterday. I just noticed the status has been changed from “At Port” to “In Tranist”!
I’m calling the Genius line right now to find out if its on a courier truck 🤩
lol I've been checking non stop too. But still says "at port" for me :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got off the phone with Genius line- apperently the truck left about 45 minutes ago :)

I hope this gives everyone a guesstimate of their car delivery:
  • Order Date: Unknown- I took over a canceled order at my dealership
  • Production Date: 5/31/22 (as per paper work)
  • Port Departure: 6/17/22 (Orion Leader)
  • Ship Arrival at Port Hueneme: 7/30/22
  • Valet Parking Recall Closed: 8/2/22
  • Car on Carrier Truck: 8/4/22
  • Expected Delivery at Dealership: 8/6/22 (San Francisco South Bay Area)
Keep in mind Orion Leader was the first ship to arrive at Port Hueneme and 2 others ships arrived back to back. This may cause a bottle neck effect at the VPC (this is just me making an educated guess).

2022 i4 eDrive40 - Black sapphire metallic, Black perforated SensaTec, Shadowline package, M sport package, DAPP, PAP, Premium package, Iconic sounds electric, Icon adaptive LED headlights with Laserlight, Harman Kardon surround sound system, Wireless device charging, BMW curved display with HUD

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
I'm not even checking MyGarage that much right now. I figure one of the recall lookups will show that as closed before it switches back to In Transit for the truck ride.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm not even checking MyGarage that much right now. I figure one of the recall lookups will show that as closed before it switches back to In Transit for the truck ride.
I'm checking still in case my car ships, but they do it at the dealership

Reactions: OptimusPrim3

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also on the Capricornus Leader, going to BMW Seattle.

My dealer just informed me that it should be ready for pick up by late next week (Friday). Is it overly optimistic on the CA’s part? (as they have been throughout the whole process) I see Valet recall is still open on my VIN.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
Also on the Capricornus Leader, going to BMW Seattle.

My dealer just informed me that it should be ready for pick up by late next week (Friday). Is it overly optimistic on the CA’s part? (as they have been throughout the whole process) I see Valet recall is still open on my VIN.
Genius told me the estimated delivery date for mine going to Bellevue is the 14th, and mine was also on the Capricornus.

They also said the date was subject to change.

I won't be holding my breath while I continue to wait. ;)

Reactions: OptimusPrim3

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·
I'm checking still in case my car ships, but they do it at the dealership
Oh, I'm checking it. Just not as often as the recall status.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got off the phone with Genius line- apperently the truck left about 45 minutes ago :)

I hope this gives everyone a guesstimate of their car delivery:
  • Order Date: Unknown- I took over a canceled order at my dealership
  • Production Date: 5/31/22 (as per paper work)
  • Port Departure: 6/17/22 (Orion Leader)
  • Ship Arrival at Port Hueneme: 7/30/22
  • Valet Parking Recall Closed: 8/2/22
  • Car on Carrier Truck: 8/4/22
  • Expected Delivery at Dealership: 8/6/22 (San Francisco South Bay Area)
Keep in mind Orion Leader was the first ship to arrive at Port Hueneme and 2 others ships arrived back to back. This may cause a bottle neck effect at the VPC (this is just me making an educated guess).

2022 i4 eDrive40 - Black sapphire metallic, Black perforated SensaTec, Shadowline package, M sport package, DAPP, PAP, Premium package, Iconic sounds electric, Icon adaptive LED headlights with Laserlight, Harman Kardon surround sound system, Wireless device charging, BMW curved display with HUD
At the dealership!

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
712 Posts
501 - 520 of 585 Posts