BMW i4 Forum banner
521 - 540 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
It will be ready for pick up tomorrow!
Nah screw that. I'm too paranoid. I'm sleeping outside that dealership for the night with a sleeping bag while keeping an eye open on it.

·
Registered
i4 edrive40 Black Sapphire Cognac Vernesca
61 Posts
I just got off the phone with Genius line- apperently the truck left about 45 minutes ago :)

I hope this gives everyone a guesstimate of their car delivery:
  • Order Date: Unknown- I took over a canceled order at my dealership
  • Production Date: 5/31/22 (as per paper work)
  • Port Departure: 6/17/22 (Orion Leader)
  • Ship Arrival at Port Hueneme: 7/30/22
  • Valet Parking Recall Closed: 8/3/22
  • Car on Carrier Truck: 8/4/22
  • Expected Delivery at Dealership: 8/6/22 (San Francisco South Bay Area)
Keep in mind Orion Leader was the first ship to arrive at Port Hueneme and 2 others ships arrived back to back. This may cause a bottle neck effect at the VPC (this is just me making an educated guess).

2022 i4 eDrive40 - Black sapphire metallic, Black perforated SensaTec, Shadowline package, M sport package, DAPP, PAP, Premium package, Iconic sounds electric, Icon adaptive LED headlights with Laserlight, Harman Kardon surround sound system, Wireless device charging, BMW curved display with HUD
Spoke with Genius.
Arrived 7/30 on the Orion.
Recall cleared this morning.
Carrier pick up scheduled for today.
Arrive at dealer (Tacoma) on the 9th.
HOWEVER, she did say she would be surprised if the carrier actually picks it up today as they've been seeing delays on the carrier side.
Looks like 5 days from the date she gets onto a truck.
I'm still showing as At the Port on MyBMW but my CA says it's on the road and due to arrive in Tacoma on the 14th.
Who knows...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm still showing as At the Port on MyBMW but my CA says it's on the road and due to arrive in Tacoma on the 14th.
Who knows...:rolleyes:
Same mine still shows "at the port" but I didn't ask my CA for an update. I'm close enough where if it goes to in transit itll show up in like 1-2 hours at the dealer anyways.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just throwing my two cents in here. For all of you lucky folks waiting for your cars, when you get them be aware there may still be an electrical or programming issue going on. I previously reported that I have the Emergency Call System Malfunction message that appears after I start up my M50 and yesterday the volume button on the steering wheel stopped working. This may be related to the PCU needing to be replaced as we've seen on this board or something else. I can't yet take it in without getting a loaner and I can't get a loaner until the 13th. So hopefully all will be well with your new cars - but just anticipate there might be an issue. Mine started showing two days after I took the car from the dealer. Also the MyBMW app and the car are not talking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just throwing my two cents in here. For all of you lucky folks waiting for your cars, when you get them be aware there may still be an electrical or programming issue going on. I previously reported that I have the Emergency Call System Malfunction message that appears after I start up my M50 and yesterday the volume button on the steering wheel stopped working. This may be related to the PCU needing to be replaced as we've seen on this board or something else. I can't yet take it in without getting a loaner and I can't get a loaner until the 13th. So hopefully all will be well with your new cars - but just anticipate there might be an issue. Mine started showing two days after I took the car from the dealer. Also the MyBMW app and the car are not talking.
We are like beta testers of I4 now haha.. hopefully they fix soon.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts
We both are in the same boat, buddy! Same problem, on the same ship too. Anyway, I've not heard from my CA about how long its going to take. All I've heard is them wanting back the X1 loaner they gave me.

·
Registered
🤩 2022 I4 E40 M Sport Pckg San Remo Green
161 Posts
This all good to know and especially being that we ordered from same dealership. I will remain mindful of this. have they provided an eta on the solution to fix or have they said anything at all regarding this PCU?

·
Registered
188 Posts
This all good to know and especially being that we ordered from same dealership. I will remain mindful of this. have they provided an eta on the solution to fix or have they said anything at all regarding this PCU?
They don't know anything about it and as I said I can't turn it over to them for a diagnostic until they can give me a loaner.

Reactions: OptimusPrim3

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts
They don't know anything about it and as I said I can't turn it over to them for a diagnostic until they can give me a loaner.
@TheKR Check your DM, but I just got a call from my CA and they are releasing the car to me!!!! BMW has deemed the failure is not a safety issue and apparently there are many more car effected. There are no parts available yet and won't be for several months. Also the app may not work and that is consistant with @TheKR car. Bottom line I'm getting the car in an hour!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
@TheKR Check your DM, but I just got a call from my CA and they are releasing the car to me!!!! BMW has deemed the failure is not a safety issue and apparently there are many more car effected. There are no parts available yet and won't be for several months. Also the app may not work and that is consistant with @TheKR car. Bottom line I'm getting the car in an hour!!!
Good to hear you are getting your car. So what is the eventual fix - software, electrical - it's annoying.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Recall is closed on my car which arrived on the Capricornus Leader :D

Genius line says Aug 12th ETA for the bay area.
Big if true.

Which website did you use to check? There's two recall sites.

My ETA is also the 12th to bay area.

Reactions: TheKR

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Good to hear you are getting your car. So what is the eventual fix - software, electrical - it's annoying.
Apparently it's hardware related. BMW Germany is aware of the problem, but needs the part (chips??) to solve the issue.

Reactions: TheKR
521 - 540 of 585 Posts