BMW i4 Forum banner
541 - 560 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
On a separate note, no status change for me today. Since we heard of a few Cap passengers having their recall fixed, it looks like they are processing cars out of order.

·
Registered
712 Posts
On a separate note, no status change for me today. Since we heard of a few Cap passengers having their recall fixed, it looks like they are processing cars out of order.
Nothing will make sense ever out of bmw and I’m not sure why we keep trying

• Haha
Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts
Just throwing my two cents in here. For all of you lucky folks waiting for your cars, when you get them be aware there may still be an electrical or programming issue going on. I previously reported that I have the Emergency Call System Malfunction message that appears after I start up my M50 and yesterday the volume button on the steering wheel stopped working. This may be related to the PCU needing to be replaced as we've seen on this board or something else. I can't yet take it in without getting a loaner and I can't get a loaner until the 13th. So hopefully all will be well with your new cars - but just anticipate there might be an issue. Mine started showing two days after I took the car from the dealer. Also the MyBMW app and the car are not talking.
I have a question about the app. Did yours ever work or did it stop working after a day or two? I tried to set up my BMW ID and on the app it says something about not being accessible and to try again later. So as of now the app doesn't work at all. It shows the status of when I think the guys at the dealership first got the car a week ago, and it hasn't updated.

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #545 ·
My recall status is still open, but that makes sense since mine will be the last one done. ;)

OP has been updated. WW schedule is now reaching November.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a question about the app. Did yours ever work or did it stop working after a day or two? I tried to set up my BMW ID and on the app it says something about not being accessible and to try again later. So as of now the app doesn't work at all. It shows the status of when I think the guys at the dealership first got the car a week ago, and it hasn't updated.
We had some trouble getting it to work properly at the dealership when I picked it up July 30. But the last reading it took from the car was August 1. Also today, the car won't find "the nearest service center". And it won't display what's happening on the road real time. I think this is all the same problem. Dispiriting.

• Sad
Reactions: Magicrat

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
My recall status is still open, but that makes sense since mine will be the last one done. ;)

OP has been updated. WW schedule is now reaching November.
It’s the only way they can be sure you keep paying attention.

(And thanks!)

·
Registered
2019 BMW i3 REX
5 Posts
Mine (E40) came in on the Capricornus. Recall showed clear this morning. Got an email from dealer this morning, saying my car has been "released to carrier." He said "should be here anyday." My dealer is Weatherford in Berkeley.

My only regret is not ordering the HK sound system, as at the time I placed the order, I believe I read that ordering HK could cause additional delays. Hopefully hifi will be sufficient.

·
Registered
🤩 2022 I4 E40 M Sport Pckg San Remo Green
161 Posts
Mine (E40) came in on the Capricornus. Recall showed clear this morning. Got an email from dealer this morning, saying my car has been "released to carrier." He said "should be here anyday." My dealer is Weatherford in Berkeley.

My only regret is not ordering the HK sound system, as at the time I placed the order, I believe I read that ordering HK could cause additional delays. Hopefully hifi will be sufficient.
Wooo hoooo hoping everyone on Cap leader gets their cars this week or by next weekend at the latest. As for HK maybe it can be installed aftermarket not sure if that’s possible. But hopefully as you mentioned you will enjoy the hifi system

·
Registered
712 Posts

Mine also on capricornus but still recall open.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #554 ·
Fingers crossed that there is a method to their madness and they didn't pull the cars aside for some "repairs".
You'd prefer that they deliver the car broken? o_O
;)
Unsurprisingly, my recall is still open.

Oberon is passing between Haiti and Jamaica right now, but I have only seen one or two people mention that they are on it? My FleetMon trial has expired, but I think it's still showing Triton Leader's correct location, just without a name label.

Of interest though, is that Morning Lena, Cygnus Leader and Themis Leader are all moored in Bremerhaven at the sane time. I expect that Morning Lena might change berths once it's unloaded, since it isn't due to get underway for a month.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You'd prefer that they deliver the car broken? o_O
If I wanted something that needed servicing less than two months after leaving the assembly line, I would have ordered something from Freemont not Munich 🙃.

Joke aside, I'm a bit unsettled by the PCU issues of @Magicrat and @TheKR. I'm not sure I'll trust the dealer's pinky swear to fix it when they "get the part".

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #556 · (Edited)
If I wanted something that needed servicing less than two months after leaving the assembly line, I would have ordered something from Freemont not Munich 🙃.

Joke aside, I'm a bit unsettled by the PCU issues of @Magicrat and @TheKR. I'm not sure I'll trust the dealer's pinky swear to fix it when they "get the part".
The best way to do this whole new model buying thing is to stay the #^(< off the internet. I had a polestar 2 on order and by the time the car had arrived, the forums had me convinced that the cars were garbage and none of them worked. I had rejected the car in my mind long even before the dealer gave me a lowball trade-in offer that was so bad it was offensive.

People come online to complain or get help with a problem, so the impression is that the cars are less dependable than they are. The folks putting 1000's of miles on their cars with no problems or complaints are out driving the car, not posting 'car worked fine again today' every day. I'm skipping all of the threads about problems until I get my car.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts

@m345 Yeah, that has crossed my mind once or twice, but to be honest this dealership has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. I'm feeling that they will honor their word.

Reactions: m345 and ssh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was told by genius our car is supposed to arrive at the dealership in the Bay Area on August 8th. We were on the Capricornus Leader. Our recall still shows open too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
@m345 Yeah, that has crossed my mind once or twice, but to be honest this dealership has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. I'm feeling that they will honor their word.
Well, now the car thinks I'm not parked in my garage, but somewhere in the Hollywood Hills. Wish that were true, but nah. It flies like a demon, but it's fu***d up in the head.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, now the car thinks I'm not parked in my garage, but somewhere in the Hollywood Hills. Wish that were true, but nah. It flies like a demon, but it's fu***d up in the head.
Got to say KR I’m getting pretty damn antsy about the i4s that were on the Capricornus Leader. Mine still shows an open recall for the Valet Parking Mode and that’s it.

Which recalls did your i4 M50 show before it got to the dealer and was the recall still open when it was trucked over to your dealership?

541 - 560 of 585 Posts