BMW i4 Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1041 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,023 ·
If anyone’s status changes to intransit, please post here. They’d be most probably on grand cosmo. Also, I’ll get to know if they didn’t put me on the third ship as well😂
The wait for a West-coast bound voyage doesn't "seem" to be as long as those on the East coast. The multiple voyage cancellations that happened in the past couple of weeks suggest that the west coast backlog is nowhere near as bad as elsewhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone’s status changes to intransit, please post here. They’d be most probably on grand cosmo. Also, I’ll get to know if they didn’t put me on the third ship as well😂
They definitely didn’t put me on Grand Cosmo as well!
still at the port since 8th September. Looks like the queue to get on a ship is really long. I’m not able to understand the logic here. People who have reached the port later than I did, already boarded the ship. Whats going on?

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts
still at the port since 8th September. Looks like the queue to get on a ship is really long. I’m not able to understand the logic here. People who have reached the port later than I did, already boarded the ship. Whats going on?
Where are you headed? Mine went to in-transit this morning...

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,378 Posts
Reactions: pjbm4 and ssh

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not looking for sympathy :)
Just wanted to understand the logic.
Not what you want to hear, but may of the large port facilities also have the ability to do body repair. So in case a car gets some small dent or scuffed, it can be repaired at port, instead of sending it back to the factory. Not sure the BMW Genius will have enough access to dig down and know what the delay might be. As many have said, some stay at the port 2 days, some a month or more, but once there there no one knows any info on what is going on. (maybe you were assigned to a ship that became delayed, and now you have to wait till the find more open spaces. 1000's of reasons.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not what you want to hear, but may of the large port facilities also have the ability to do body repair. So in case a car gets some small dent or scuffed, it can be repaired at port, instead of sending it back to the factory. Not sure the BMW Genius will have enough access to dig down and know what the delay might be. As many have said, some stay at the port 2 days, some a month or more, but once there there no one knows any info on what is going on. (maybe you were assigned to a ship that became delayed, and now you have to wait till the find more open spaces. 1000's of reasons.)
Makes sense. It is what it is, cant do much. Just gonna sit back and wait. No point getting anxy!

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,034 ·
East coast of the US gets more than three times as many ships per month leaving port than cars bound for the west coast. The transit time is shorter and there's roughly 3-4 times the number of cars getting delivered East of the Rockies as west of them.

Reactions: ssh

·
Super Moderator
3,361 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: LionXV

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,038 ·
NYK Lines finally got around to posting the Week 37 schedule (dated 16 September).

They've added a row for "Panama Canal Transit", so I'm guessing that they know how hungry the schedule watchers are. ;)

A couple of the ships will now go to Port Hueneme BEFORE Long Beach, so that's another significant change. Lots of schedule shuffling and a new ship or two, as well.
WW schedule continues to underwhelm, another delay or three, and still far fewer voyages than NYK in the same period.

OP has been updated with all of the two steps forward, one step back nonsense.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,039 · (Edited)
As an indication how late that week 37 schedule was, week 38 is now out, just 3 days later.

...and I've updated the OP accordingly.

WW Schedule now touches 2023 with a January arrival.
Oh, and NYK has REMOVED the Panama Canal transit row from the schedule, after adding it on the previous schedule.

Amazing to see how far these ships fall behind the schedule from the day they are added until the day they actually get to Port Hueneme.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As an indication how late that week 37 schedule was, week 38 is now out, just 3 days later.

...and I've updated the OP accordingly.

WW Schedule now touches 2023 with a January arrival.
Oh, and NYK has REMOVED the Panama Canal transit row from the schedule, after adding it on the previous schedule.

Amazing to see how far these ships fall behind the schedule from the day they are added until the day they actually get to Port Hueneme.
not looking good at all.

1021 - 1040 of 1041 Posts