BMW i4 Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1332 Posts

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,221 ·
Schedules for both lines updated. Lots of slipping, that's pretty normal. New voyage of the Auriga Leader is less so. Easily the longest scheduled trip from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme we've seen, if it holds true. 2 December to 28 January?

• Helpful
Reactions: ssh

· Registered
18 Posts
Can someone clear my doubts?

1. I ordered an i4 in Arizona and I moved to CA recently
2. The dealer said he could ship it to me (California) for 1000USD. Mine is now waiting at the Bremerhaven port. So if I get it shipped from AZ to CA, does it go to AZ from the port, and then the dealer will ship it from AZ to CA, or does my i4 come directly from the port to CA?

Thanks.

· Registered
72 Posts

2. The dealer said he could ship it to me (California) for 1000USD. Mine is now waiting at the Bremerhaven port. So if I get it shipped from AZ to CA, does it go to AZ from the port, and then the dealer will ship it from AZ to CA, or does my i4 come directly from the port to CA?

Thanks.
Port Hueneme > AZ dealer > your address in CA

· Registered
2023 i4 edrive40 Msport Dravit Grey Canberra Beige
406 Posts

Thanks.
It goes from port in CA to AZ and then back to CA. The car is sold to the dealer by BMW. I’m living this nightmare. My car went to port which is 40 miles away from me to Utah and I have to fly up to pick up the car.

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,232 · (Edited)
Hello,

The status of my i4 on my garage moved to "In transit" today, how do I know which ship I am in?

Update: The dealer still sees it as "at the port"
Call the Genius line tomorrow, but they probably won't have the confirmed ship name for a day or two. It's Grand Duke or Toronto though, just based on what has left recently.

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,234 ·
Yes, i wish mine was in Grand Duke, coz it arrives early 😂
On a ship is better than not on a ship, no matter which one it was put on, though. ;)

It's a big step, though. In just a few hours, you'll be able to start obsessively following your ship on the various AIS services. You can cover most of it during free trials, and not have to pay for satellite AIS positions. Between FleetMon and VesselFinder, you can get three weeks for free. I was lucky and was on a fairly direct routing, and didn't sign up for the first one until the ship was out of range for a few days, maybe as it passed the Azores? I forget, but it's probably in the first couple pages of this thread.

Reactions: Variable430

· Registered
18 Posts
Car may need parts or repairs/recalls, so it is taken from the port back to a VPC temporarily. Once completed then it is back to port for shipment.
Mine is waiting at Bremerhaven for a ship until 2 days back and yesterday the status went to "in transit". I thought my i4 has boarded the ship. Now I woke up today morning to see the status on my garage as "at the port". VPC: So does it happen usually for new cars? Does it mean that something is damaged in my car?

· Registered
1,121 Posts
Mine is waiting at Bremerhaven for a ship until 2 days back and yesterday the status went to "in transit". I thought my i4 has boarded the ship. Now I woke up today morning to see the status on my garage as "at the port". VPC: So does it happen usually for new cars? Does it mean that something is damaged in my car?
Either your car was hit with a recall or with a shortage of parts, that required getting your car out of the factory, stored at the port until parts or fixes are available, get it out of port storage to be fixed, then once fixed back to port for shipping.

This is happening more frequently nowadays because of the shortage of parts, ships, labor, and chips after the pandemic hit.

• Helpful
Reactions: rollermonkey
1221 - 1240 of 1332 Posts