BMW i4 Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1332 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Mine is waiting at Bremerhaven for a ship until 2 days back and yesterday the status went to "in transit". I thought my i4 has boarded the ship. Now I woke up today morning to see the status on my garage as "at the port". VPC: So does it happen usually for new cars? Does it mean that something is damaged in my car?
Same thing happened to me and another guy here. In Transit then back to At Port within a day. He called Genius and they said his car (and I’m assuming mine as well) is in Zeebruge. It appears they are clearing some space At Bremerhaven.

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,243 ·
Same thing happened to me and another guy here. In Transit then back to At Port within a day. He called Genius and they said his car (and I’m assuming mine as well) is in Zeebruge. It appears they are clearing some space At Bremerhaven.
They aren't moving cars to Zeebrugge. Once a car is put on a ship, it does not come off until the destination port in the US.
The issue at Bremerhaven hasn't been space so much as not enough drivers/stevedores. Loading and unloading twice as many times does not alleviate a manpower problem.

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,244 ·
OP has been updated. WW had some arrivals slip, and Theben moved earlier again. Marked a couple more arrivals/departures, too. Next event is Altair Leader arriving tomorrow, and/or NYK actually putting the week 46 schedule out close to the date that's on it.

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,245 ·
...and Altair Leader has arrived.

• Helpful
Reactions: vguptai4 and beegee

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,247 ·
You'll probably have your car before December, @vguptai4 !

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,252 ·
Lots of updates all around.

Reactions: lazLA

· Registered
656 Posts
Here's an updated table I pulled together today.

ShipDepart BremerhavenArrive Hueneme
Daedalus Leader (NYK)
11/25/22​
12/20/22​
Asteria Leader (NYK)
11/28/22​
12/26/22​
Cepheus Leader (NYK)
12/4/22​
1/2/23​
Theben (WW)
12/6/22​
1/5/23​
Hestia Leader (NYK)
12/11/22​
1/3/23​
Galaxy Leader (NYK)
12/17/22​
1/12/23​
Asian Captain (WW)
12/17/22​
1/13/23​
Auriga Leader (NYK)
1/2/23​
1/30/23​
** Data as of 11/23/22

Reactions: Cara

· Registered
22 Posts
Anyone with satellite visibility able to see status of Volans Leader? Original estimate it had was panama canal arrival today (no idea how long it takes them to get through once they arrive there though).

I'm too lazy to create a trial but everywhere it just currently says out of range so I suspect it hasn't made it there yet?

· Registered
32 Posts
Once the boat gets near the canal the free AIS services should pick it up. I found the dual sources at marinevesseltraffic.com to be best. once at the canal, having watched 4 ships go through while waiting on mine, the ship usually anchors for 12 to 24 hours waiting its turn in the canal. then its pretty fast to get through. Free ais services will lose the ship again out of the canal for a few days until it nears the US and is closer to shore.

· Registered
36 Posts
Anyone with satellite visibility able to see status of Volans Leader? Original estimate it had was panama canal arrival today (no idea how long it takes them to get through once they arrive there though).

I'm too lazy to create a trial but everywhere it just currently says out of range so I suspect it hasn't made it there yet?
I’m on Volans Leader also, as of right now it’s about 186 nm from the canal entrance and doing 13.5 kt. So roughly arriving around 9am PT Thursday morning, and likely waiting around a bit for their canal transit slot.

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,257 ·
Here's an updated table I pulled together today.
Interesting. I feel like I've seen something like this before, somewhere.

OP has been updated for a change to Theben. Next event is still Daedalus Leader on the 25th.

· Registered
656 Posts
Interesting. I feel like I've seen something like this before, somewhere.

OP has been updated for a change to Theben. Next event is still Daedalus Leader on the 25th.
I can’t imagine how much work it is for you to keep updating that! Thanks for doing it

Reactions: ssh

· Registered
22 Posts
I’m on Volans Leader also, as of right now it’s about 186 nm from the canal entrance and doing 13.5 kt. So roughly arriving around 9am PT Thursday morning, and likely waiting around a bit for their canal transit slot.
Much appreciate the detail! Looks like you were spot on, I see them at the canal this morning. Wonder if I'll miss it going through with today's festivities :)
Today one of the things I'm thankful for is that we'll both have our i4s soon after quite a long wait :D

· Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,260 ·
I can’t imagine how much work it is for you to keep updating that! Thanks for doing it
It was a lot easier to remember to check for updates every five minutes when it was my car waiting at Bremerhaven or while it was on the Capricornus Leader, that's true. I try to keep on it every 2-3 days now, though.

Reactions: lazLA
1241 - 1260 of 1332 Posts