BMW i4 Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1437 Posts

· Registered
'23 i4 e40 M Sport Alpine White, Oyster Leather, DAPP, PAP, HK, HUD, Shadow Line, Htd seats, more
11 Posts

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50 Dravit Grey with Tacora red
12 Posts
I have looked at the schedule of the Themis and it only have the voyage starting from 01/14 from Bremerhaven but if I look it up under vesselfinder, it will tell me that the ship is now at Southampton, UK and is scheduled to arrive in Antwerpen, Belgium on 1/11 then to Bremeehaven. Just wondering if our cars got transport (hence 'in transit' that 1 day) down to Antwerpen to get load to relief congestion, since Bremerhaven to Antwerpen is only 239 miles away?? Too bad we can't find out what port the cars are sitting at currently.

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,384 ·
I had the same flip back and forth. I spoke with BMW genius, and they mentioned the possibility of moving vehicles to another port in case of congestion. They couldn't tell if that's what happened to my car, though.
Good grief. The "Geniuses" are still slinging this crock of poo?
When your car is at Bremerhaven, goes 'In Transit" for a day or three, then is "At the Port" again, it means they fixed a stop sale, or more often, installed any parts that were missing when it left the factory.

The good news is that it means your car is (or should be) actually complete.
The bad news is your car goes to the back of the line.

They have been telling people this nonsense for almost a year now, and in every case, the car loaded onto a ship at Bremerhaven, as all BMWs do.

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,386 ·
The latest schedule for Themis appears to be 1/14 -> 2/17. Although Dorado Leader leaves later (1/22), it arrives earlier (2/15).
IIRC, Themis goes to Halifax and I think one more stop on the east coast, but Dorado beelines for the Panama Canal when it's done in Europe/UK.

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,387 ·
Wow. Cepheus Leader was 3 days late getting to Port Hueneme?

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,388 ·
Week 2 NYK Lines schedule is added. Two new voyages: Cassiopeia Leader and Grand Dolphin
The WW Sshedule has replaced TBN3 with Tugela.
...plus the usual schedule drifts to the right.
Next event of interest should be Themis leaving Bremerhaven on the 14th.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssh and silpher

· Registered
'23 i4 e40 M Sport Alpine White, Oyster Leather, DAPP, PAP, HK, HUD, Shadow Line, Htd seats, more
11 Posts
That’s a hard ‘nope’ from me.
Still at port but no worries b/c the next ship Dorado Leader gets to the west coast sooner anyway.

Reactions: VegasM50

· Registered
21 Posts
It looks like the Themis is underway and leaving Bremerhaven for Goteborg, Sweden. Anyone's i4 make it on? Still at status "At Port" for me since 12/20. Looks like next opportunity would be Dorado Leader (NYK) on the 22nd of January.
Mine also on port from 12/19, so should be on themis. Status to in-tansit gets updated after couple of days after leaving port. Fingers crossed!

· Registered
2023 Sunset Orange i4 M50
20 Posts
Mine also on port from 12/19, so should be on themis. Status to in-tansit gets updated after couple of days after leaving port. Fingers crossed!
I've been in port since 12/20 and also still showing in port. My CA wrote me yesterday and said the car was in the holding lot at Bremerhaven and expect 1-2 months before arrival in CA. I don't think he has any more information than we have. Sigh! Agree with you - fingers crossed!

· Registered
12 Posts
Same here, still at port, but since Themis just left, fingers crossed that update on Monday or Tuesday indicate something differen. 🙏

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,395 ·
The ship my car came on, the Capricornus Leader, had actually already left Southampton before my status changed to 'In Transit', and that was 3 days after the ship had left Bremerhaven.
Don't give up hope just yet, guys. After all the statuses in the factory updating in near-real-time, it is a bit of a shock that this one updates so slowly.

Even the unloaded update from 'In Transit' to 'At the Port' happens in just a couple of hours, so this one is the real oddball.

Reactions: ssh

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,396 ·
Galaxy Leader arrived at Port Hueneme today. Well, they turned off their AIS just as they were passing through the breakwaters, so I'm presuming that they made it the last 300 yards to the pier. Themis also left Bremerhaven on time.

· Registered
2023 Sunset Orange i4 M50
20 Posts
My car still shows at the port. I'm expecting (and hoping) that my car will be on Dorado Leader.
Me too. Also the Genius line told me that my car has only really been at port since 1/2/23 and that previous to that, it was somewhere else which fits the explanation from @rollermonkey that they were fixing something before they sent it along to the holding lot at the port. Despite what it said in the garage - "at port" then "in transit" then "at port".

· Registered
12 Posts
Me too still at port, so I guess that mean next vessel. Now I just come to this site first, if one of us get on a ship, then I can assume we all will get on since we seem to all be in the same situation.

Reactions: VegasM50

· Registered
12 Posts
This is interesting, I have been following the Dorado Leader, it was supposed to arrive at Antwerpen Belgium today and then onto Zeebrugge then to Bremerhaven but now it just showing to Bremerhaven arriving 1/23, no wonder why it was just sitting there at the same spot for the last few days.

Reactions: silpher
1381 - 1400 of 1437 Posts