BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been dispatched from the VDC for transportation to the dealership but, it has been in this status for nearly two weeks now. It's going to Phoenix for reference. Any idea why?
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire

·
Registered
22 i4 eDrive40
71 Posts
Mine sat in the Baltimore VPC for almost a month. On 7/27, Genius told me it was released to a carrier around 7/22 and should be at the dealer (Milwaukee, WI) by 7/28. MyGarage tracking still showed "In Port" until 7/31, when it flipped to "In Transit". Dealer says it should be delivered this week, possibly tomorrow.

Point is, Genius vs. Dealer vs. MyGarage don't always align.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My car has been dispatched from the VDC for transportation to the dealership but, it has been in this status for nearly two weeks now. It's going to Phoenix for reference. Any idea why? View attachment 13214
Did you check the recall tool to see if you have any open stopsale/fixes? Might be the reason its being held up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I see. Then maybe they just dont have any truckers in the past 2 weeks going to Arizona? :(

·
Registered
22 i4 eDrive40
71 Posts
They may not! While my SA says my car has an estimated delivery date of 8/3, she also cautioned not to get too excited because they regularly see delays with trucking companies of several days, even a week+.

Your car sounds like mine was a few days ago. I bet you'll flip to "In Transit" in a day or two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is headed to Utah and I'm in the same situation.

From what I gather from the Genius Agent is there a quite a few cars waiting to go to Carrier to deliver to the dealerships due to many being help up because of the recalls/stop sale.

Mine was released to carrier on 7/24 but still no update from genius or sales agent or app. Same story when I call... " It should go out in the next few days"

Glad it's close but really sad these cars take 3-4 weeks to get on a trailer to head to dealers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is headed to Utah and I'm in the same situation.

From what I gather from the Genius Agent is there a quite a few cars waiting to go to Carrier to deliver to the dealerships due to many being help up because of the recalls/stop sale.

Mine was released to carrier on 7/24 but still no update from genius or sales agent or app. Same story when I call... " It should go out in the next few days"

Glad it's close but really sad these cars take 3-4 weeks to get on a trailer to head to dealers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My car has been dispatched from the VDC for transportation to the dealership, but, it has been in this status for nearly two weeks now. It's going to Phoenix for reference. Any idea why?
I am at port in CA waiting but only 1 day. I hope this is not a bad sign. What dealership did you use? I used Scottsdale BMW.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,686 Posts
Agreed, mine is finally intransit to PDC. Arrived at Brunswick, GA 8/24/22
Can you please use your time machine to tell me when I will pick up my car?

…or maybe you meant 7/24/22?

• Haha
Reactions: dudenjen and ssh

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,686 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: dudenjen and EL2k3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine has been at Port Hueneme since July 18th. (going to Salt Lake City area).

All recalls have been cleared as of July 23rd...and car has been sent to carrier assignment but no trucking company has picked up the assignment yet. Very frustrating knowing it's just sitting there for 2 weeks plus!

Hopefully they have some carriers coming to take cars to dealers soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts