BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
I currently drive a Tesla. Being in the UK, we currently have a bit of an issue obtaining petrol and diesel. Huge long lines of cars waiting at garages to get fuel.

For us EV drivers, Smug face on all weekend.
I just read up on this. Was hust thinking, another reason to get the i4. I wonder how much "range anxiety" the petrol heads have now lol 馃槅

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is causing the issue @Rincewind ?
Well, there was a very small problem with a few BP and Shell garages due to a tanker driver shortage. It was very limited in scale. Then our daft media told the country that there was going to be fuel shortages. Next thing you know everyone was rushing to get fuel, so a very small problem turned in to a country wide meltdown.

Registered
Remember the times they discussed about the short range electric cars have, especially compared to the diesels?
You should feel lucky you CAN drive 300 Miles without issues in the UK now... ;)

Registered
M50 San Remo Green Fiona Red/Black Extended Merino
We are opening a new power cable from Norway to UK tomorrow. The power prices here are on all time high levels..

I read that the prices in UK are as much as 25NOK(2.5鈧) / kwh compared to 1.5NOK that is considered high here atm. Is this fact? Or just a 30min window once every full moon? If that was the case charging from home would be so expensive nobody would afford it..

It is said that 2.5鈧 is fine in the UK as they use gas to heat, cook and other things.. But charging EVs at theis price seems nuts.. How factual is it? Whats the actual cost of charging at home?

Registered
Wonder where those insane numbers are pulled from then.. We are having alot of rain atm, and the new cable opened yesterday. Current prize is 1/100th NOK or 1 酶re/kwh thats basicaly as close to free as you can get馃槀 Price expected to reach 1NOK again tomorrow.. 1 NOK is about 拢0.10 so the current rate is something like 拢0.001 pr kw/h for 8 hours during the night and 拢0.10 7 day avg. Still worried about this winter though..

Registered
My current 530e can be set to only start charging during night. Configurable in the car on the idrive system.

I will be getting the bmw wallbox for the i4 when it arrives.
My power provider has an option to connect the BMW app/wallbox to their app already available, so i guess it can be controlled in sync with your power provider and their price data in real time. Depending if you have a smart meter in your house and spot price deal on electricity ofc.

Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
My current 530e can be set to only start charging during night. Configurable in the car on the idrive system.

I will be getting the bmw wallbox for the i4 when it arrives.
My power provider has an option to connect the BMW app/wallbox to their app already available, so i guess it can be controlled in sync with your power provider and their price data in real time. Depending if you have a smart meter in your house and spot price deal on electricity ofc.
My current wallbox is not bluetooth or connected via wifi so if it can be just set via the IDrive it mean that if I have to charge out of the program I will have to go in the IDrive to change it. It is not really user friendly. I think that the best would be to get it set via the app,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.