BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an edrive40 simply because I cannot afford M50 :D

However, I am wondering if M-sport is worth it. I already have it configured with M-sport with my dealer, but not sure if I should remove it.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
A5
16 Posts
I guess it's just a personal preference.
I also order the e40 with m-pack because it looks 'sportier' than the plain one and the range is better then the m50.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll get it just for the m sport steering wheel but the other additions are nice too.
Anyway, in my case I'm leaning towards Portimao Blue on my edrive40 and that makes the M Sport Package mandatory here in Canada.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I still have high hopes of forcing my car to accept front fog lights, since it is in the 4 series m front anyway.
Not immediately but soon after I get it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I still have high hopes of forcing my car to accept front fog lights, since it is in the 4 series m front anyway.
Not immediately but soon after I get it.

I am looking for the handling of the M50 but with the greater range.

Looking to drive a lot in the mountains.

·
Registered
3 Posts

However, I am wondering if M-sport is worth it. I already have it configured with M-sport with my dealer, but not sure if I should remove it.

What do you guys think?
I’ve ordered my mine with the the M Sport pack as the adaptive dampers should be better with the bigger wheels. Also looks more like the M50 but with better range! Just a shame the delivery date in the UK keeps getting put back!

·
Registered
23 Posts
For me it's not about the aesthetics, but I'm curious as to how worth it the adaptive suspension is, and unfortunately for that the m sport is mandatory. Is this something that dealers can fudge, i.e. can an i4 edrive exist with adaptive suspension but not the $2400 worth of whatever m sport comes with?

·
Registered
902 Posts
For me it's not about the aesthetics, but I'm curious as to how worth it the adaptive suspension is, and unfortunately for that the m sport is mandatory. Is this something that dealers can fudge, i.e. can an i4 edrive exist with adaptive suspension but not the $2400 worth of whatever m sport comes with?
It does not look like you can have the Adaptive Suspension on the edrive 40 without the M Sport option and the 19" wheels, so the $2400 is pretty much tied to the Adaptive Suspension even though it is technically only $700. The October price list also shows that "2VF (Adaptive suspension) requires ZDF (Dynamic Handling package) or ZMP (M Sport), and ZDF in turn also requires ZMP.

·
Registered
14 Posts

What do you guys think?
I wanted the 40 because of the longer range and went back and forth on the M-sport option. I decided that the front end looks cleaner without the sport package, closer to the concept and then does not look like the gas version. I also did not like the back design of the sport package.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I completely agree about the standard model being closer to the concept and think it looks better especially in the back. Unfortunately, BMW does not let you order the sport wheels which makes the car look much better or the black trim around the windows. They have really set this up to push 40 buyers to the M sport package. I am considering ordering the standard model in skyscraper grey which is not bad with the chrome trim around the windows and changing the wheels after delivery. I do not dislike the sliver 5 spoke far wheels but think the sport options make the car look better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also torn between with or without M Sport package, as far as I can tell what you get with the M sport package is:
  • different (more sporty) style at the front and back of the car including a mini spoiler
  • slightly different shape and color of the line on the sides of the car (is this what is meant by "High-gloss Shadowline"?)
  • M Sport steering wheel (I am not sure how is different though, is it just thicker?)
  • Different shape of for the 18" alloy wheels
  • Unlocks other options not available without this package, e.g. external colors, wheels and internal trims

I also read you get "leather upholstery" but I suppose if you choose leather seats you also get this anyway

Have I missed anything? Are all the differences just style or is there anything more substantial?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts