BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the hardware is there and only crippled, then someone will figure out how to unlock or code it via INPA.

My cars have all been "coded".
My X5 supports playing DVDs while in motion.

My 335 ans X5 are programmed for external window up with remote.

If it's there, someone will figure out how to make it work.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk
Since @Techwhiz1 came up with this in another topic, I was wondering if some of the mods I did to my 2016 Audi A4 would also be possible on a BMW i4.
For Audi you need a RossTech cable and some software to do so:
1. Needle Sweep
2. Seat Belt Chime Disable
3. DRL (Daylight Running Lights) On/Off option in MMI
4. Tail Lights as DRL (Daylight Running Lights)
5. Lock when driving On/Off
6. Enable ABility to Lock the Car with Engine Running
7. Emergency Lights Flashing when Emergency Break (I think this is standard in BMW)
8. Comfort Blinking from 3 to 4
9. Disable Start/Stop
10. Enable Lane Assist (Also standard in BMW)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I will keep an eye out for bimmercode once the i4/ix releases.

Hope we will be able to make lots of behind the scene changes (right now idrive 8 cant play videos, but hope this will be added later, or we can program it with bimmercode).

also the missing augmented reality view. I still have hopes that this can be added via bimmercode.

just like you, I also had a A4 and used the RossTech cable to make many of the same changes. I also added the visual parking distance view to the MMI instead of only having the sound. So many things you can do once these systems are cracked!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use Carly on the Android App store to code my cars with phone. I have INPA on a laptop but have never used it to code.

With Carly I've coded mirror fold in, brake force illumination, window roll up from remote.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't forget bimmer-tech.net. They usually come out with upgrades too. For my car (2016) 435i they produced a multimedia interface that allowed me to add 2 additional video inputs, and a hotspot that allowed me to log on to the internal ip and mirror my iphone. This was before apple car play was available. They also had one that allowed for appleTV. I was able to hook up a front facing camera (That year didn't have one) so I wouldn't run over a parking bumper, and FLIR Night vision.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does changing those settings void the warranty? With all the over-the-air updates and stuff, I guess BMW will immediately know if you do changes on the software.
I don't think anybody cares, not even BMW. Why would they care: they are their options, only not activated. Sometimes it's even safer. Like for instance in my Audi, I have my backlights lit when the DLRs are lit. That simply means that my backlights are always on, even during the day, just like the DLRs. In Sweden this is normal. And in my opinion also safer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here in the US they have to prove any mods causes specific damage to void a warranty.

It was put into federal law.
For example if you tube a cat and the engine fails; it is on BMW to prove that the software cause the failure, not you proving it did not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts