BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email from my dealer this morning that 50th-anniversary emblems are available in the ordering system now. It's a $200 option for i4 M50. I am adding to my order. Anyone else ordering these emblems? Thoughts?

·
896 Posts
Hmmm... let"s see...
  • Dinner with 4 people in a nice restaurant, or
  • about 12 bottles of some fine French red wine, or
  • a night with your loved one in a fancy hotel with a jacuzzi, a steam cabin, and a sauna in your room
or...
an old-fashioned-looking BMW logo on your i4...

Hmmm....no thank you, BMW...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hmmm... let"s see...
  • a night with your loved one in a fancy hotel with a jacuzzi, a steam cabin, and a sauna in your room
or...

Not sure where you live but $50 a head isn't fine dining in the Bay Area.

12 bottles of wine at $15 a bottle is decent but it's not "fine".

$200 for a hotel suite? Not where I live.

Also even if you buy an M50 stripper it's $65k.
$200 if you want them is kind of a "no brainer".

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
I4M50
149 Posts
I think they look nice - so will the thieves I presume...

There is a lot of white in it so maybe not for all colors/tastes.
Font Symbol Electric blue Circle Triangle

It seems they include it on wheels as well choosing that option.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Camera lens will not be hidden in black as with original emblem.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Hood Wheel Automotive design Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I received an email from my dealer this morning that 50th-anniversary emblems are available in the ordering system now. It's a $200 option for i4 M50. I am adding to my order. Anyone else ordering these emblems? Thoughts?
Definitely adding this to mine, thanks for sharing. Same as @Techwhiz1, mine is $76,120 with options so $200 more to make it a bit more special is a no brainer. And it makes its electric nature even stealthier (vs the roundel with the light blue surround). Thanks also @steffo for the pictures, looks great! (#i4mn)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree it’s a scam (it doesn’t cost much more to make this than the original ones), but I will pay it anyway.. it removes the blue EV lines

·
Registered
I4M50
149 Posts
These are the original emblems:
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Front
Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Grille Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Car Vehicle

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive parking light

Rear with lens
Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Electric blue Automotive exterior

This can be removed as well
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hubcap

Wheels
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Car

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

The M50 badge colors will match the 50th anniversary logo

·
Registered
124 Posts
Definitely adding this to mine, thanks for sharing. Same as @Techwhiz1, mine is $76,120 with options so $200 more to make it a bit more special is a no brainer. And it makes its electric nature even stealthier (vs the roundel with the light blue surround). Thanks also @steffo for the pictures, looks great! (#i4mn)
My price including delivery just got to $80k.
I think I'm done.

·
Registered
317 Posts
IMO the original looks good with blue, but with dravit gray I think blue is a bad contrast and would rather have some white and red.

·
896 Posts
Not sure where you live but $50 a head isn't fine dining in the Bay Area.

12 bottles of wine at $15 a bottle is decent but it's not "fine".

$200 for a hotel suite? Not where I live.

Also even if you buy an M50 stripper it's $65k.
$200 if you want them is kind of a "no brainer".

Funny that you reply to this because this is a dead-end discussion.
You are living in the Bay Area, no wonder. I've been there. And I bet you have at least a 90-120k$ salary, prolly even more, you're living in a 4 bedroom/3 bathroom house with a big swimming pool, you have two 100k$ cars and you prolly bought your daughter a 60k$ Mini Cooper for her 16th birthday. Now, you go tell that to Average Joe in the middle of nowhere in his trailer and calls it his house...
Let me ask a question: how many of you Americans here on the forum, live in such a trailer and bought a brand new $85000 M50?
They don't even have money for health insurance. When you get run over by a car and the ambulance is coming, they go through your wallet first to see if you have a Visa card. If not, maybe they'll take you to another hospital...
I know what I'm talking about. Almost 24 years ago I was in L.A. I had to cough up $2200 for a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment. My car was parked outside, no garage. But I had a very good salary for my daytime job (because I was a European, not a South American). My girlfriend and I set up a business on eBay and made 5k every month just by selling Microsoft and Adobe software. And that only took us 1 hour in the evening. But I also had, with my company, a wonderful medical plan. My GF's little boy, 2 years old, had surgery to remove his tonsils. I just showed my medical card at the reception of the hospital, never paid a dime. Go tell that to Average Joe.
So don't say you can't buy decent things for $200. Here you can, and I'm certainly not living in poverty. But I know the value of $200.

Now let's continue talking cars with or without vintage badge 😉

·
Registered
MB GLA
301 Posts
I think they look nice - so will the thieves I presume...

There is a lot of white in it so maybe not for all colors/tastes.
View attachment 5155

It seems they include it on wheels as well choosing that option.
View attachment 5150
View attachment 5147
View attachment 5143
Camera lens will not be hidden in black as with original emblem.
View attachment 5145
View attachment 5142
View attachment 5151
View attachment 5141
View attachment 5146 View attachment 5148
@steffo I love it too and I will check with my dealer how much it will cost in Canada. One question here, do you know if the logo change will be only on the hood or also on the trunk and for wheels?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Funny that you reply to this because this is a dead-end discussion.
You are living in the Bay Area, no wonder. I've been there. And I bet you have at least a 90-120k$ salary, prolly even more, you're living in a 4 bedroom/3 bathroom house with a big swimming pool, you have two 100k$ cars and you prolly bought your daughter a 60k$ Mini Cooper for her 16th birthday. Now, you go tell that to Average Joe in the middle of nowhere in his trailer and calls it his house...
Let me ask a question: how many of you Americans here on the forum, live in such a trailer and bought a brand new $85000 M50?
-SNIP-
So don't say you can't buy decent things for $200. Here you can, and I'm certainly not living in poverty. But I know the value of $200.

Now let's continue talking cars with or without vintage badge
That's funny.
Yes I do live in a 4 bedroom house but I don't have multiple $100k cars in the driveway and I definitely didn't buy my daughter an expensive car for her birthday. I also don't have a pool.

My M50 configured is right at $80k and $200 either ways is a drop of water in a bucket.

I would venture to say most folks that are buying an M50 are more likely to make six figures than not.

I would also venture to say that most on this forum are not buying their first BMW.

It isn't a cheap date.

But this thread is about those insanely expensive badges.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does anyone know, if your car is being built in March can you get this? Or is it only for builds after March?

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
464 Posts
Hmmm... let"s see...
or...

Or 20 bux on ebay hehehe

1 - 20 of 71 Posts