BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we are still a rare motor, I thought maybe a spotted thread would be interesting.

Bar my own, saw my first M50 on the road this morning. Was it you?

Brooklyn Grey on 19s. Leaving Chorley on the M61 at about 5.50am. Looked fresh out the showroom 👌🏻

·
Registered
113 Posts
I thought the same. Would be interesting.

I too have only seen one other i4 (San Remo Green I think M50) in London. I don’t think they’re on this forum. Or they are just haven’t given their details to JST for his table of deliveries.

I would be interested to know which areas / counties the other i4 drivers are in the UK. Another job for JST perhaps… 😉

Reactions: 484

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
419 Posts
I still haven’t seen any on the roads, but I saw 4 on a transporter the other week. And another one on a transporter on the M27 today.

Reactions: 484

·
2,267 Posts
I thought the same. Would be interesting.

I too have only seen one other i4 (San Remo Green I think M50) in London. I don’t think they’re on this forum. Or they are just haven’t given their details to JST for his table of deliveries.

I would be interested to know which areas / counties the other i4 drivers are in the UK. Another job for JST perhaps… 😉
My dear EyeFour, let me make some calculations for you...:geek:
BMW has been producing i4'ss for about 7 months now, that's approx. 210 days.
Theoretically they make about 250 a day. So, theoretically there are 52500 i4s in the whole world. Now with the war, the chip shortages and the demo cars, I would reduce that number to let's say 30 to 35000....The US, the UK and the Scandinavian countries, together with Germany are IMO the biggest markets.
Therefore I believe there a a few thousand of i4s in the UK....
I have 50 delivered cars on my list....
I don't think I need to make a little drawing :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe there a a few thousand of i4s in the UK....
Ok, good point.

Imagine if all registered owners / everyone who has placed an order were on here though. Just think how much info could be shared / data that could be collected! 😵‍💫

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,084 Posts
BMW has been producing i4'ss for about 7 months now, that's approx. 210 days.
Theoretically they make about 250 a day. So, theoretically there are 52500 i4s in the whole world. Now with the war, the chip shortages and the demo cars, I would reduce that number to let's say 30 to 35000....The US, the UK and the Scandinavian countries, together with Germany are IMO the biggest markets.
Therefore I believe there a a few thousand of i4s in the UK....
They might be making 250 / day NOW, but not for the duration. I'd honestly be surprised if they have made 30k to date. (Although it is certainly possible.)

We will get a sense of how many electrified BMWs were delivered to the US in Q1 2022 here in the next few days, when the IRS updates their data about the tax subsidy here. We can add US and Norway together and get a sense of the bigger picture. ;)

·
2,267 Posts
They might be making 250 / day NOW, but not for the duration. I'd honestly be surprised if they have made 30k to date. (Although it is certainly possible.)

We will get a sense of how many electrified BMWs were delivered to the US in Q1 2022 here in the next few days, when the IRS updates their data about the tax subsidy here. We can add US and Norway together and get a sense of the bigger picture. ;)
Yeah, I know it's not completely correct (Do they work on Sundays? I don't think they do...)
Even if there are only 25000, or even 20000 in the whole world, my point was that there's only a fraction of it on this forum :)

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,084 Posts
Oh, definitely agree with that last bit. I don't think I've ever been part of a forum with 20,000 people. I imagine that it would probably suck pretty bad.

That said, 20,000 units on a planet with 7 billion people is still a pretty rare bird.

Reactions: dudenjen and Feeb

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
419 Posts
Hello to the driver of the red i40 that I saw in the Harvester car park in Loughborough this afternoon. Looks fab! I was the one in the Range Rover going "ooooo!". 😄

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
113 Posts
There’s someone who owns and drives an iX near me and we’ve past each other a few times. We wave to each other as we do. Mutual BMW EV respect. 🤗

• Love
Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
330D M Sport Touring
34 Posts
Had my i4 eDrive40 m sport for 5 fabulous weeks now. Was lucky enough to get a 1500 mile demo car from my dealer after being told it was going to be next year delivery the week before. Amazing car. Only seen a couple of them on the road so far… there is another Brooklyn Grey one around Gloucestershire that I’ve seen a couple of times, other than that not many about.

·
Registered
2022. i4 ‘40 Msport
35 Posts
Saw my first e40 today in Rickmansworth (Parkrun), black with 18's, looked good and the wheels look fine in the flesh. Waiting on my e40 in Brooklyn Grey....
That’s my neck of the woods, it wasn’t me though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts